Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Apr 1, 2016 at 10:58 AM Post #15,106 of 42,759
  why not to buy a used redmi phone solely for transport ? i have used ultra cheap redmi 1s in airplane mode. it works perfectly with uapp, hiby and should work with other apps also. it plays all files with uapp or hiby except some high res files over 24 96 or over dsd64. it is small and will stack well with mojo. however i use fiio x3 2nd gen as regular stack than redmi.

I second the good idea to get a Fiio X3II. I just got one and I like the interface. I thought it would be clunky but I can select tracks with one finger and the play button is the big circle in the middle. Also, I like the drag and drop functionality. I am someone who hates iTunes as well as Apple products that can't be simply recognize as a hard drive. I have an iPad and I struggled for two hours trying to drag pictures off my iPad and I'd get an error message every 30 seconds.. anyways sorry for the rambling.

Apr 1, 2016 at 11:07 AM Post #15,107 of 42,759
I second the good idea to get a Fiio X3II. I just got one and I like the interface. I thought it would be clunky but I can select tracks with one finger and the play button is the big circle in the middle. Also, I like the drag and drop functionality. I am someone who hates iTunes as well as Apple products that can't be simply recognize as a hard drive. I have an iPad and I struggled for two hours trying to drag pictures off my iPad and I'd get an error message every 30 seconds.. anyways sorry for the rambling.
But cannot EQ it. I need bass impact so must EQ the Mojo.

Apr 1, 2016 at 11:27 AM Post #15,109 of 42,759
I pair my mojo up with lots of devices, but when I leave the house (believe it or not I actually do breathe fresh air on occasion) I pair it up with a moto g 2nd gen that I got for less than $100 USD. it doesn't have a sim card and if I need to get online with it I tether to my primary phone (Lumia 950xl).

the only portable dac/amp that works with my 950xl is the C5D and it just doesn't have a low enough noise floor for IEMs and mojo does

Apr 1, 2016 at 12:18 PM Post #15,112 of 42,759
Got the updated Mojo today, with all the new sound formats..

xdgygz.jpg

Apr 1, 2016 at 12:48 PM Post #15,116 of 42,759
April Fools Day

Apr 1, 2016 at 12:50 PM Post #15,118 of 42,759
I guess it is version 1.4.2016 (for Europe) or 4.1.2016 (for the US) :wink_face:  

Clever. :p

I'll just leave this here...

Apr 1, 2016 at 2:29 PM Post #15,119 of 42,759
yeah......I am also using X3II stack up with Mojo, a pretty good match (better than with smartphone as I tried). UAPP is better if smartphone really need to be used. I experienced some intermittent halts (very short) with DSD playback.

But one thing need to be mentioned, if DSD playback is required, you need to get a beta version of the latest FW from Fiio in order to run DOP over the coaxial port. This beta firmware is ok to use but the EQ does not work (just don't care when you use Mojo with X3II). And, the coaxial cable is different from the X3 one. Check out the FAQ section fro X3II from Fiio website.

Apr 1, 2016 at 2:34 PM Post #15,120 of 42,759

yeah......I am also using X3II stack up with Mojo, a pretty good match (better than with smartphone as I tried). UAPP is better if smartphone really need to be used. I experienced some intermittent halts (very short) with DSD playback.

But one thing need to be mentioned, if DSD playback is required, you need to get a beta version of the latest FW from Fiio in order to run DOP over the coaxial port. This beta firmware is ok to use but the EQ does not work (just don't care when you use Mojo with X3II). And, the coaxial cable is different from the X3 one. Check out the FAQ section fro X3II from Fiio website.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back