Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Mar 30, 2016 at 10:16 AM Post #14,913 of 42,765
  If you ever get Tidal UAPP works well with this too and especially with the Android Upsampling UAPP allows bitperfect playback.

i see, so if i stream the FLAC files from Tidal, 
then the phone will upsampling it? how's the quality of the upsamping itself?
I have a Note 4 and the headphone out sounds horrible compared to note to Mojo. That's with the same flac file played with UAPP and decent iems (Tdk BA 200)

thanks !
makes mw want to purchase mojo asap lol

both are good, but onkyo player rather simple ui than UAPP.

noted !

Mar 30, 2016 at 10:17 AM Post #14,914 of 42,765
Note 3 has this weird usb connection.So if I get a Note 3 I will have to get a special usb connection to connect to the Mojo ?

Mar 30, 2016 at 10:18 AM Post #14,915 of 42,765
Avesta07 what headphones are you planning on using with the mojo and what quality will the files be?

im planning to use AAW W300, just sent the ear impression last monday (need to wait 4-6 weeks 
frown.gif
)

now i have collection of FLAC in my PC and phone. so most probably i will be playing FLAC.

Mar 30, 2016 at 10:24 AM Post #14,916 of 42,765
im planning to use AAW W300, just sent the ear impression last monday (need to wait 4-6 weeks :frowning2: )

now i have collection of FLAC in my PC and phone. so most probably i will be playing FLAC.
ok cool, i asked because I have some experience your about to have. I have the mojo but Im returning it friday, im not saying its bad, i dont have the higher quality audio gear to get the performance out of it.

I use the s6 edge plus and a sabre android hifimediy dac with cayin c5 portable amp. Mp3 quality files with v moda crossfade wireless, psb m4u2 and sony ex650 IEM's. Mojo vs my original setup is identical in sound quality. Literally zero difference.

Im going to use the return money to purchase a high end IEM such as the se846, im pretty sure. Once I have a high end listening device plus high quality audio files I will revisit the mojo. Right now my audio gear is not good enough to benefit me using the mojo

Mar 30, 2016 at 10:30 AM Post #14,919 of 42,765
that is usb 3.0, you can use standard micro usb 2.0 while pairing note 3 with mojo
Thanks the both of you to reply but one more question. On the phone the usb slot it has a divider inside so the male end on charger has a groove. a non groove male end will work ?

Mar 30, 2016 at 10:32 AM Post #14,920 of 42,765
This thread is quickly approaching 1000 pages. I wonder if this can be further condensed somehow so we're not wading thru irrelevant posts?

I'm still miffed that Mojo will not work with Windows Phone (lacking Audio Class 2 drivers). Works nicely with my HTC One M8. Also tried it with my XDP-100R but I cannot discern any difference between using versus not.

Mar 30, 2016 at 10:35 AM Post #14,921 of 42,765
Mar 30, 2016 at 10:38 AM Post #14,922 of 42,765
  This thread is quickly approaching 1000 pages. I wonder if this can be further condensed somehow so we're not wading thru irrelevant posts?

I'm still miffed that Mojo will not work with Windows Phone (lacking Audio Class 2 drivers). Works nicely with my HTC One M8. Also tried it with my XDP-100R but I cannot discern any difference between using versus not.

I don't understand the windows phone attraction, I tried one, the software was repulsive.

Mar 30, 2016 at 10:39 AM Post #14,923 of 42,765
unfortunately in my country the live streaming app such as spotify, tune in and tidal still not available :frowning2:
havent tried using VPN to download the apps, maybe i should try first ~

as for the option for the S7, the carriers in my country doesnt provide such program, need to sell the s6 first and trade in with S7 haha (Indonesia carriers sucks !) 

Halo fellow Indonesian mate!

Some of my friends says that Apple Music is available in Indonesia. I believe it is the only available streaming service, unless you won't mind to mess with VPN.

Mar 30, 2016 at 10:45 AM Post #14,924 of 42,765

Just so you know, I am currently working on making post #3 more user-friendly (more content available directly therein, and with summarised commentaries included, rather than sending people to discussions throughout the thread, although I may still retain the latter option, seperately, in post #4 (I believe it has its own merits, for those wishing to get a broader grasp of the various opinions & experiences relating to each topic, but I haven't made a firm decision on that, yet). In any case, a large proportion of it will be further-condensed using nested spoilers, but that won't happen just yet, as it is currently a work-in-progress - in other words, don't anyone freak out if it looks a lot worse before it looks a lot better!

As for the 1000-page thread itself - what are you proposing? 
regular_smile .gif

I don't personally see 1000 pages as a problem, as no-one is forced to manually trawl through all 1000 pages if they use post #3 / #4 or the good old thread-search function.

Do you mean a moderator should trawl through 1000 pages, slashing-&-burning posts?
eek.gif
blink.gif
  LOL

Mar 30, 2016 at 10:47 AM Post #14,925 of 42,765

Just so you know, I am currently working on making post #3 more user-friendly (more content available directly therein, and with summarised commentaries included, rather than sending people to discussions throughout the thread, although I may still retain the latter option, seperately, in post #4 (I believe it has its own merits, for those wishing to get a broader grasp of the various opinions & experiences relating to each topic, but I haven't made a firm decision on that, yet). In any case, a large proportion of it will be further-condensed using nested spoilers, but that won't happen just yet, as it is currently a work-in-progress.

As for the 1000-page thread itself - what are you proposing? 
regular_smile%20.gif

I don't personally see 1000 pages as a problem, as no-one is forced to manually trawl through all 1000 pages if they use post #3 / #4 or the good old thread-search function.

Do you mean a moderator should trawl through 1000 pages, slashing-&-burning posts?
eek.gif
blink.gif
  LOL

Yea maybe you should you bum, get to work, start on page one.  Seriously though, it would be incredibly useful if there was a way to view the entire thread on a single page, scrolling down.  This would allow people to control + F search for keywords.  I'm familiar with the search bar, but it isn't the same.  I always wanted this feature in a forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back