Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Mar 30, 2016 at 8:26 AM Post #14,896 of 42,765
  I had a similar experience with Hugo - in that I found I was listening to much more music in general. Also, the really odd thing was that I found I could enjoy really bad 1930's recordings - now you can hear all the EQ problems and the distortion, but Hugo/Mojo allowed me to connect to the music in a profoundly different way than before.

Technically, it caused me big headaches, as I could not understand why it had this quality. I managed to fully understand it with the Dave project. It turned out to be the timing errors that digital recordings introduced - or rather the timing errors that DAC's create when it goes from sampled data back to the original continuous analogue signal. What was strange is that extremely small timing errors have a very big impact to how our brains makes sense of the music - and reducing these very small timing errors allowed me to connect with the music.

Rob

I also went to the 30's material to see how Mojo would handle them:  Mississippi John Hurt's early recordings and Bing Crosby's complete set, particularly the early recordings.  Blind Blake, and a few others.  I thought of this when one reviewer referenced a 57 recording of Elvis and how Mojo brought it to life.  The 30's recordings are more enjoyable now.  

Mojo expands my hobby greatly, both in brining back old material while being inspired to listen to new. 

Mar 30, 2016 at 8:28 AM Post #14,897 of 42,765

I also went to the 30's material to see how Mojo would handle them:  Mississippi John Hurt's early recordings and Bing Crosby's complete set, particularly the early recordings.  Blind Blake, and a few others.  I thought of this when one reviewer referenced a 57 recording of Elvis and how Mojo brought it to life.  The 30's recordings are more enjoyable now.  

Mojo expands my hobby greatly, both in brining back old material while being inspired to listen to new. 

How about one of the best black metal releases of 2015, a fusion of black metal and Gregorian/orthodox style chanting.  You've never heard anything like this before:

Batushka - Litourgiya:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgfa5UlZAL8

Mar 30, 2016 at 8:28 AM Post #14,898 of 42,765

If you're transferring via USB there will be no difference.  If you use the S6 then you can use apps like youtube, bandcamp, spotify, tune-in, tidal, etc. 

Why not go S7, tmobile and AT&T and euro carriers are literally givinv them away, seriously.  It's Buy-one-get-one free, you buy one, you sell the other to pay off the first and you've got a free s7 or s7edge.  Plus the S7 series has micro SD card support which is huge for audiophiles.  PLus you get a free gear VR virtual reality. =P

unfortunately in my country the live streaming app such as spotify, tune in and tidal still not available 
frown.gif

havent tried using VPN to download the apps, maybe i should try first ~

as for the option for the S7, the carriers in my country doesnt provide such program, need to sell the s6 first and trade in with S7 haha (Indonesia carriers sucks !) 

Mar 30, 2016 at 8:30 AM Post #14,899 of 42,765
  oh i see, 

aand also i eard that we need to use UAPP instead of the built in music player in Samsung due to some limitation, is it true?

one of my concern using the s6 is the storage and the battery consumption 
would love to hear your review using  mojo + X5 ii 
smily_headphones1.gif

yes, use UAPP instead the samsung built in music player, or use onkyo hf player

Mar 30, 2016 at 8:33 AM Post #14,900 of 42,765
Mar 30, 2016 at 8:36 AM Post #14,901 of 42,765

unfortunately in my country the live streaming app such as spotify, tune in and tidal still not available 
frown.gif

havent tried using VPN to download the apps, maybe i should try first ~

as for the option for the S7, the carriers in my country doesnt provide such program, need to sell the s6 first and trade in with S7 haha (Indonesia carriers sucks !) 

Bandcamp is better than all those apps in terms of diversity of music, it's all I use nowadays for streaming.  Bandcamp is for serious stereophiles-music lovers.  If you find an album you like you can either name your price or if the artist set's a price it's usually very cheap $2-$9 or just free. FLAC downloads are available and you can also purchase vinyl/physical CD's/merch if that's your thing.  I'm fine with FLAC CD rips although a t-shirt is nice every once in awhile if I really like a band.

Mar 30, 2016 at 8:41 AM Post #14,903 of 42,765
Mar 30, 2016 at 8:53 AM Post #14,904 of 42,765
  yes, use UAPP instead the samsung built in music player, or use onkyo hf player

thank ! i will download it right away 
smily_headphones1.gif

btw which one you suggest between those two? i saw UAPP is around $10 meanwhile onkyo is free

Bandcamp is better than all those apps in terms of diversity of music, it's all I use nowadays for streaming.

lemme try with band camp,
i just found that spotify already available in my region, 

now just waiting for tidal ~

Mar 30, 2016 at 9:01 AM Post #14,905 of 42,765

smily_headphones1.gif

btw which one you suggest between those two? i saw UAPP is around $10 meanwhile onkyo is free

I'm sure bandcamp will work.  Bandcamp is probably streaming MP3's @ 320kbps but through MOJO even MP3's sound amazing. (Streaming MP3's sound better on Mojo via iphone than android since android upsamples everything not sent through UAPP or Onkyo HF) You can always buy the downloadable flac version and play in UAPP If you really like an album. 

Onkyo will work fine but most likely your cover art will not display.  If you have trouble getting cover art in UAPP, make sure your viewing albums through the LOCAL FOLDER option and not using the artist or album view-cover art will always work when albums are viewed through the LOCAL FOLDER option.  UAPP customer support is incredibly responsive, they answer emails same day and actually have back and forth conversations with you to resolve issues via email. 

Mar 30, 2016 at 9:32 AM Post #14,906 of 42,765

I'm sure bandcamp will work.  Bandcamp is probably streaming MP3's @ 320kbps but through MOJO even MP3's sound amazing. You can always buy the downloadable flac version and play in UAPP If you really like an album. 

Onkyo will work fine but most likely your cover art will not display.  If you have trouble getting cover art in UAPP, make sure your viewing albums through the LOCAL FOLDER option and not using the artist or album view-cover art will always work when albums are viewed through the LOCAL FOLDER option.  UAPP customer support is incredibly responsive, they answer emails same day and actually have back and forth conversations with you to resolve issues via email. 

thanks !
based on your suggestion, maybe i'll purchase UAPP
so basically, i will need OTG cable for the S6 to connect to MOJO by using the UAPP apps. so it can send the pure format of the file to the mojo. 

Mar 30, 2016 at 9:35 AM Post #14,907 of 42,765

thanks !
based on your suggestion, maybe i'll purchase UAPP
so basically, i will need OTG cable for the S6 to connect to MOJO by using the UAPP apps. so it can send the pure format of the file to the mojo. 

If you ever get Tidal UAPP works well with this too and especially with the Android Upsampling UAPP allows bitperfect playback.

Mar 30, 2016 at 9:40 AM Post #14,908 of 42,765
Hey guys

i have Samsung Galaxy S6, i saw someone said that the Samsung DAC is quite good.

if i want to pair up with Mojo, does the improvement will be noticeable?

i need your opinion, should i buy DAP such as Fiio X5 2nd gen pair it with Mojo ? or
just stick with my galaxy S6 and buy Mojo ?

and if im going to pair it with only the s6, i also heard that it best to download UAPP apps for listening music due to limitation in samsung built in player. is it true?

for the set up itself, mostly i will use my AAW W300 for portable set up.

thank you!

I have a Note 4 and the headphone out sounds horrible compared to note to Mojo. That's with the same flac file played with UAPP and decent iems (Tdk BA 200)

Mar 30, 2016 at 9:40 AM Post #14,909 of 42,765
Anyone here live in SF area and willing to let me come by and try their mojo? I can bring my liquid carbon to try if you want!

Mar 30, 2016 at 9:50 AM Post #14,910 of 42,765

smily_headphones1.gif

both are good, but onkyo player rather simple ui than UAPP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back