Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Mar 29, 2016 at 3:16 PM Post #14,821 of 42,765
Has anyone here stack the MOJO to the iFi Micro Ican amplifier (only amp about $280)?

I feel like wanna get one. Im just curious how the bass will perform. For now im happy with this Mojo but sometimes I want more punch for the mid bass during EDM songs. Micro Ican has Xbass btw.

Anyone???

Why in the blue hole would you want to do so ? mojo is already powerful enough for what you have, and connecting to another amp will alternate the sweetness of the Mojo. If you love mid bass, try Z7

Mar 29, 2016 at 3:18 PM Post #14,822 of 42,765
  Has anyone here stack the MOJO to the iFi Micro Ican amplifier (only amp about $280)?

I feel like wanna get one. Im just curious how the bass will perform. For now im happy with this Mojo but sometimes I want more punch for the mid bass during EDM songs. Micro Ican has Xbass btw.

Anyone???

I had Micro iCan before I bought Mojo.
I really liked the iCan that time. Mostly I used Xbass on the first setting out of the two. Therefore I was a bit worried if Mojo will satisfy my like of bass.
But to my surprise Mojo gives me just enough of everything, even bass for EDM. There is enough bass without any hardware EQ with Mojo.
iCan sounds artificial and plastic compared to the incredibly fluid, smooth and natural sound of Mojo.
I do not miss the bass knob on iCan at all.
But as always, YMMV.

Mar 29, 2016 at 3:18 PM Post #14,823 of 42,765
Why in the blue hole would you want to do so ? mojo is already powerful enough for what you have, and connecting to another amp will alternate the sweetness of the Mojo. If you love mid bass, try Z7

Oh really? yes i admit the bass quality is freaking good. But can i boost it a lil bit? :frowning2:

Mar 29, 2016 at 3:20 PM Post #14,824 of 42,765

I had Micro iCan before I bought Mojo.
I really liked the iCan that time. Mostly I used Xbass on the first setting out of the two. Therefore I was a bit worried if Mojo will satisfy my like of bass.
But to my surprise Mojo gives me just enough of everything, even bass for EDM. There is enough bass without any hardware EQ with Mojo.
iCan sounds artificial and plastic compared to the incredibly fluid, smooth and natural sound of Mojo.
I do not miss the bass knob on iCan at all.
But as always, YMMV.

Did u try combine them? Or u sell it before Mojo arrives? :frowning2:

Mar 29, 2016 at 3:22 PM Post #14,826 of 42,765
Oh really? yes i admit the bass quality is freaking good. But can i boost it a lil bit? :frowning2:

Then you will need some EQ, what do you use with Mojo ? Can you EQ from there ? Because Mojo is also very powerful on scaling the EQ.

Music can be boring without EQ, unless you are trying to analyze your gears and your devices. I don't see any forbidden fruits out of EQ adjustment on your devices to be more musical and to your prefered taste

Mar 29, 2016 at 3:22 PM Post #14,827 of 42,765

I sold it before Mojo arrived. And I do not regret it at all. :)

Hahaha. Ikr...

I just curious how the amp will work on Mojo, just wanna increase a lil bit more punch...

Mar 29, 2016 at 3:23 PM Post #14,828 of 42,765
Then you will need some EQ, what do you use with Mojo ? Can you EQ from there ? Because Mojo is also very powerful on scaling the EQ

You mean EQ in spotify/Foobar?

Mar 29, 2016 at 3:25 PM Post #14,831 of 42,765
I have not used them for a while, can you EQ within the apps ? If not, buy some EQ apps ?

mainly use Spotify. Spotify desktop doesnt have that... sad but thats the truth

Mar 29, 2016 at 3:26 PM Post #14,833 of 42,765

In that case I suggest you to go for a basshead headphone.

TH-600 is bass head enough ....

I increase the bass in E17k is freaking good. But E17k loses all the mids and highs.

Mar 29, 2016 at 3:29 PM Post #14,835 of 42,765
And Z7 or TH900 would be more than enough
biggrin.gif
, both are classified as high-end bass head. Z7 would have a bigger and badder mid-bass slams where as 900 has deeper and better sub-bass

Agreed.

TH-600 is bass head enough ....

I increase the bass in E17k is freaking good. But E17k loses all the mids and highs.

Z7, TH-600 or 900 should be enough then.
You find bass with TH-600 and Mojo not to be satisfying enough?
I am not sure what to suggest next then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back