Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Mar 29, 2016 at 8:58 AM Post #14,791 of 42,765
Did anyone experience burn in with Mojo- mine seems to be sounding better since I bought it almost 3 weeks ago.

I already have a Hugo so I don't think it was brain burn in ?

All of equipment that I tried and kept seem to be getting a little better after a while. I still do not underestimate my brain's ability to adjust, to focus, to enjoy.
When I go about my day and not paying any attention, the sky is something blue up there, but let me stop, relax and really look at it, it is really has this brilliant color and with polarized sunglasses more so. To me is the same with music and the Mojo are "polarized" sunglasses.

Mar 29, 2016 at 9:01 AM Post #14,793 of 42,765

No, much more an insulator compared to good conductor such as Aluminium and would stop air convection to Aluminium Mojo case

but then without the case, the body gets scratched easily by things we cant see sometimes, like dust

Mar 29, 2016 at 9:06 AM Post #14,794 of 42,765
  but then without the case, the body gets scratched easily by things we cant see sometimes, like dust

Actually cases can be the cause of scratching as they trap grit and can then rock between case & Mojo causing a scratch. The Aluminium is Anodised and likely passivated so much more durable than a paint coating.

Having in a case when used off battery may be fine anyway but not when charging/listening. Will also depend on where you are in the world & Ambient temperature. At least the Mojo has built-in thermal sensors to prevent damage. At least with Chord's own case they should know/test for the thermals.   

Mar 29, 2016 at 9:14 AM Post #14,795 of 42,765
I've just checked and no additional scratches to note. So far no overheating issue since using the case. In the past I had the Mojo to shutdown whilst using and I have noticed it was hotter than normal. IIRC that happened 2x. I will report bacl if that happens whilst the case is on.

Mar 29, 2016 at 9:35 AM Post #14,797 of 42,765
I was waiting for a Mojo case but this case appeared on eBay. This Dignis looks good but like the Hugo case entirely exposes the end of the device. The price is not clear; 14800 yen (£79) for the Buttero or 8000 yen for the Laskina but Google isn't translating the text. If you add on customs charges the price is getting close to £100.

Mar 29, 2016 at 10:02 AM Post #14,799 of 42,765
Got a Mojo for $350 , couldnt say no, but what is the best way to get the BEST sound from the Mojo ? Also what is the BEST way to get bass from the Mojo? Right now I can use my trusted X3 which has a Coax or can use my Plenue M or 1 optical. Which gives a better sound coax connecting or connecting the Mojo from the optical?

Where did you purchase ?

I don't think coaxial or optical is different in any way really on most devices it's the same signal. USB with the different drivers in Windows sound different to me but coaxial and optical the same.

Basically optical is the same signal being sent with light. You can take a coaxial 2 pin source and add 5v pin. Then connect a $6 optical output with the 3 pins.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Audio-Video-3-Pin-Optical-Fibers-Socket-16mmx14mmx12mm-Replacing-10Pcs-/321274331264?nav=SEARCH

Mar 29, 2016 at 10:10 AM Post #14,800 of 42,765
Where did you purchase ?

I don't think coaxial or optical is different in any way really on most devices it's the same signal. USB with the different drivers in Windows sound different to me but coaxial and optical the same.

Basically optical is the same signal being sent with light. You can take a coaxial 2 pin source and add 5v pin. Then connect a $6 optical output with the 3 pins.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Audio-Video-3-Pin-Optical-Fibers-Socket-16mmx14mmx12mm-Replacing-10Pcs-/321274331264?nav=SEARCH
Thanks for the reply.The deal was with a friend who ended up buying a home amp instead.

Mar 29, 2016 at 10:34 AM Post #14,801 of 42,765
Does anybody have an FiiO X5ii with this stacking kit, just wondered if it fitted the mojo or not.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00ZX3EDNO/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=JJYYUBKKWINM&coliid=I1ISUNECOYTRVO

Mar 29, 2016 at 10:48 AM Post #14,802 of 42,765
  Did anyone experience burn in with Mojo- mine seems to be sounding better since I bought it almost 3 weeks ago.

I already have a Hugo so I don't think it was brain burn in ?

I think this is a good question given his reference point and may highlight the differences between Hugo and Mojo.  Perhaps Rob can weigh in, or his prior posts shed light.  In either case, I am interested in the answer.  

Mar 29, 2016 at 10:50 AM Post #14,804 of 42,765
I came from an entry level set up so cannot comment on those who have come form an already decent set up, but the only half decent gear I had at the time were my Shure SE535's

SInce getting the Mojo I have invested in a few more headphones and DAP's as for me the Mojo was that good.
I would only invest in the 846 only if you had intended to go down that path in the first place, otherwise there are plenty of lower priced IEM that I believe will improve your listening experience
Flare Audio R2A £150

RHA T20 £179
Finder X1 $199
 No doubt others could also recommend other mid-range IEM's

I would hate to think you purchased the 846's just for the Mojo and still not be satisfied

I cannot remember if I had provided this link before, there are plenty of free files available in many different formats and tastes.

PS Consider well mastered CD's over cheap CD's, even contemplate buying used. The well mastered CD's are not necessarily more expensive, but I would imagine for example a Sony CD to be better than a 'No' name CD regardless of the artist.
hey, I've been looking at the se846 for a few weeks. Thing is Im going to constantly be wondering how good the next tier IEM sound etc... I know my obsession for the best of things, I'll end up with 3/4 pairs of IEM's within a few weeks lol. Im going to return mojo, add whatever I need to get the se846, update my file quality then re-buy the mojo. All good, I got so intrigued by this mojo I bought it not realising my hardware wouldnt handle it. I'll have it again within a few months. Probably at a discount on the £400 price tag aswell.

Mar 29, 2016 at 10:53 AM Post #14,805 of 42,765
For example I listen to alot of oasis, nickelback, stereophonics, kings of leon... where do I find well mastered versions compared to the original album? Im hoping to buy them 2nd hand as it will greatly reduce the cost over new

Users who are viewing this thread

Back