Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Mar 29, 2016 at 12:21 AM Post #14,761 of 42,759
I am very well aware, cable debate is a dead end street here on head-fi.

And there are a lot of wise thoughts in the article you linked.

For your link I decided to re-audition 2-3 of my old USB cables and my present AQ Cinnamon cable.

I am aware of the crazy and fake cable history of AQ. (£1000 Hdmi cable must be a joke and rip off.)

However during my listening session I found that Cinnamon USB cable has an obvious advantage in clarity and dynamics over any of the 2-3 regular (£1-3) USB cables I own.

It might not be a £45 difference for everyone, with any kind of equipment. But with my equipment there is a definite difference. Does it worth £45? For me it does.

It might not for someone else. Buth the difference is real and auditionable.

I currently have Mojo connected through AQ Vodka Toslink but when I also connect the Cinnamon usb cable to sync although it plays under Toslink there is also improvement. strange

Mar 29, 2016 at 12:27 AM Post #14,762 of 42,759
Oh crap... btw I'm sure it's not your issue but I did once have an issue with otg connection only to find out I connected the otg end (which is not marked) of the cable to the Hugo instead of my phone.

Holy ****, I think I'm the world's biggest idiot... No further commenting needed. Thank you. I'm outside my place, just finished working. Read your post, and realized how stupid I am. Lol... Damn I'm an idiot!!! Thank you again, I didn't try it, but you are right. Oh, and thank you again!!!!

Mar 29, 2016 at 12:34 AM Post #14,763 of 42,759
Holy ****, I think I'm the world's biggest idiot... No further commenting needed. Thank you. I'm outside my place, just finished working. Read your post, and realized how stupid I am. Lol... Damn I'm an idiot!!! Thank you again, I didn't try it, but you are right. Oh, and thank you again!!!!
qualityyyyyy!!!! Class, deffo summin I would do! Ah, maybe thats the lroblem to my sound quality issue, lol jk

Mar 29, 2016 at 12:58 AM Post #14,766 of 42,759
No need to feel apologetic or wierd to not feel there is a big enough quality jump for you. In fact imho it is actually normal!

From my journey into this hobby (and hifi also), the most obvious or bang-for-the-buck upgrade is always the headphone/IEMs. For the components, be it amp or dac or transport or power mgmt or other accessories the diminishing return is way steeper than the speakers/iem.

Honestly I would not be as impressed by Hugo/Mojo had I not spent/wasted a lot of time/money on various DAC. It is only AFTER I had experienced the more "hi-end" DAC I would understand how intricate the differences could be, and how expensive these incremental improvement can be. Over time (a long time) I start to be able to pick up the difference - first I learn what I like, then I stsrt to understand why I like a particular DAC. For me part of the amazement for Hugo/Mojo is actually in the context of how it compared to the (much) more expensive DAC. I am quite sure I will appreciate it less had I not went thru what I went thru with various gears. From an absolute perspective, you are absolutely correct that a $500 investment im headphone will yield more improvement.

I also find the source material also make a big difference ib my appreciation of a DAC. Here I'm not referring to the sampling rate or bit depth, but the recording and mastering of the music - crap in crap out. Hugo/Mojo do not make my crappy tracks sound better (like how my tube amp does by giving me a less accurate sound) or magically add more details, they just recreate whatever is recorded most accurately.

Hope this make sense. Cheers.

This makes perfect sense; appreciate your inputs.
Cheers

Mar 29, 2016 at 1:20 AM Post #14,768 of 42,759
Hmmm what I want to know is why my Sony x3 compact sounds better playing Apple Music into the mojo than my iPhone 6s does lol.

Oh well it was just an experiment. Generally I use mojo and Sony on train/at work and iPhone straight to headphones when walkin from train to work. Just thought it was odd.

Also usb audio player pro sounds better into mojo than iPhone with kaisertone into mojo but that doesn't surprise me

Mar 29, 2016 at 2:38 AM Post #14,773 of 42,759

Very well made. Love mine

Wow that looks nice, not sure whether to hold off on this and wait for the Chord one... decisions....

Dignis has different colours as well...

Mar 29, 2016 at 4:08 AM Post #14,775 of 42,759
I have the Dignis case for my Mojo Jojo as well. I agree, it is a fantastic case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back