Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Mar 21, 2016 at 8:25 PM Post #13,951 of 42,765
I'm using a 1.67A charger

It doesn't hurt to use a stronger charger. You may be at 98% battery after 5 hours but that last little bit of juice always takes a lot longer for Lithium batteries.

Mar 21, 2016 at 9:01 PM Post #13,954 of 42,765
Yea but the problem is I don't have a stronger charger, I thought for a $600 DAc / Amp, it should comes with its own charger?

1.67A is fine for your charger. What I've noticed with headphone well chargers is that they tend to charge my Mojo slightly slower than my other chargers. The most consistent charge I've got was actually from my 7 year old Dell XPS via the USB+ port, believe it or not.
With regards to the longer than 4 hour charge, it's not completely accurate. Moreover, if it's the first time charging your Mojo, it may have been in storage for a bit and thus may require the 10 hour first charge (will vary, but you're good to go once the light goes off).

At the end of the day, if you feel you've been shortchanged by the accessories or the performance of the charging mechanism, it's fine to return it I suppose, unless that option isn't available where you are.

Hope this helps. Cheers

Mar 21, 2016 at 9:10 PM Post #13,956 of 42,765
What is the max amp Charger you can connect to the charging port?  Example is 2.1v or higher okay?

Just be careful with the ratings.
The charger MUST be a 5V voltage output.
However AMPERAGE should be at least 1A. It can more like 5A because all electronics and their charging circuits these days will only draw the necessary current. So for example even if the charger can output 10A, the Mojo circuit will only take 1A.

A simple analogy would be a buffet spread. You will only take what you can eat (ideally)

Mar 21, 2016 at 9:11 PM Post #13,957 of 42,765
  What is the max amp Charger you can connect to the charging port?  Example is 2.1v or higher okay?

2.1a, not v. Mojo is USB so it's 5V.

With current (amperage) the device will only pull as much as it wants. So you can plug the Mojo into a 5V, 1000A power supply and it'll still draw around 1.5A or whatever it wants.

edit: Beaten!
biggrin.gif

Mar 21, 2016 at 9:20 PM Post #13,958 of 42,765

With current (amperage) the device will only pull as much as it wants. So you can plug the Mojo into a 5V, 1000A power supply and it'll still draw around 1.5A or whatever it wants.

edit: Beaten! :D

I have to sell dx80, what is the cheapest other standalone player or usb devices I can use for mojo?

Mar 21, 2016 at 9:25 PM Post #13,961 of 42,765
I didn't say a stronger charger would be the end all be all, just that if the one that's being used seems extraordinarily slow that it would be ok to try a different one. Perhaps the current one being used is not up to it's rating. Couldn't hurt.

Also, the last little bit of charge does take an incredibly long time for Lithium based batteries compared to the majority of the rest of the charge percentage. Just let it go for the first charge and play with it from there.

Mar 21, 2016 at 9:25 PM Post #13,962 of 42,765
I have to sell dx80, what is the cheapest other standalone player or usb devices I can use for mojo?

Why do you have to sell DX80 ?

As for the cheapest other player or USB device, well you've been through most of them already and don't like them so what do you expect others to recommend ?

I think your better option would be to sell the mojo then you wouldn't have to worry about what to partner it with !

Mar 21, 2016 at 9:26 PM Post #13,963 of 42,765
The tech in the Mojo still confuses me a bit, so this question may be a dumb one...

If utilizing an external amp in combination with the Mojo, does it matter what the volume of the Mojo is set to?

Yes.

Mar 21, 2016 at 9:28 PM Post #13,965 of 42,765
Just be careful with the ratings.
The charger MUST be a 5V voltage output.
However AMPERAGE should be at least 1A. It can more like 5A because all electronics and their charging circuits these days will only draw the necessary current. So for example even if the charger can output 10A, the Mojo circuit will only take 1A.

A simple analogy would be a buffet spread. You will only take what you can eat (ideally)

Are you sure it will not charge faster on 2.1amp than a 1A charger?  Many smartphones will take higher amps to charge quicker.

edit: Beaten!
biggrin.gif

Yeah I actually was thinking amps and wrote volts.  2.1a is iPad charger.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back