Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Mar 3, 2016 at 11:32 AM Post #12,302 of 42,765
Now I'm bound to say this because of who I am do not that well but I beg to differ with Amos on his viewpoint All I can say is somewhat.... like Hagrid said in Harry Potter I'd say .... "follow the measurements" ....." They will see you right. ..... just follow the measurements " ........

I dunno if I am sure I want to meet the Aragog of the audio world!
basshead.gif

Mar 3, 2016 at 11:32 AM Post #12,303 of 42,765

Mine! Should get in my hands mid next week. My Mojo will be finally safe.
smily_headphones1.gif

$62 shipped from Dignis to Oz. Order yours at dignisdesign@gmail.com

I'm thinking looks a bit rough compared to the chord case that'll be out in a few weeks but if you can't wait go ahead but you might be sorry.

When it comes to leather, some people like it rough, John, but then I'm sure you already knew that
biggrin.gif

Looking forward to finally seeing the new Chord case, though
beerchug.gif

Mar 3, 2016 at 11:48 AM Post #12,304 of 42,765
Now I'm bound to say this because of who I am do not that well but I beg to differ with Amos on his viewpoint All I can say is somewhat.... like Hagrid said in Harry Potter I'd say .... "follow the measurements" ....." They will see you right. ..... just follow the measurements " ........

Could I suggest chord develop a module/cable to deal with the RF/EMI, that's the biggest issue I have with the Mojo. Was looking at QED but they don't make a micro-b to micro-b RF shielded cable. There really aren't many viable options,, not interested in jitterbug and Rob has warned against many "audiophile" grade cables which aeifically brighten the sound and make it sound better but in reality is worse. A shielded cable endorsed and made by chord would be well received as many of us are using smartphones.

Mar 3, 2016 at 12:14 PM Post #12,305 of 42,765

When it comes to leather, some people like it rough, John, but then I'm sure you already knew that
biggrin.gif

Looking forward to finally seeing the new Chord case, though
beerchug.gif

+100, brilliant
biggrin.gif

Dignis cases have been getting a lot of positive reviews. If Chord can indeed make something significantly better, I'll certainly be looking forward to its unveiling :)

Mar 3, 2016 at 12:49 PM Post #12,306 of 42,765

Bestula - I think you are putting a challenge down to the people who are sceptical of the possibility of big (or any) improvements between different USB cables....  Maybe this is for another forum!

10% is not a big difference imo. I didn't want to put under pressure anyone. I was just talking about my impressions. But no more cable talk in Mojo thread, ok.

Mar 3, 2016 at 1:23 PM Post #12,307 of 42,765
10% is not a big difference imo. I didn't want to put under pressure anyone. I was just talking about my impressions. But no more cable talk in Mojo thread, ok.

EMI/RF cable talk is legit and should continue. I'm especially interested if the AT cable removes all RF/EMI.

Mar 3, 2016 at 2:56 PM Post #12,308 of 42,765

no your not allowed to stop buying gear if youre a headfi member, your wallet will forever suffer from the hype.

Ha. Since I didn't get the Mojo for mobile joy, as the name implies, I'd be very curious about a non-battery-powered version of the Mojo. But I just can't imagine any DAC/AMP combo sounding significantly better than this wonderful piece of kit. The M50x I keep in the office for work has never sounded better. 

Mar 3, 2016 at 3:25 PM Post #12,309 of 42,765
I've found that plugging my Mojo in to a Usb 3 front port on my pc to charge whilst the Mojo is turned off it makes weird electrical noises, like its trying to reboot itself, over and over.  Sounds like tickticktick bleep bleep.  The white light is static on the Mojo so its not being under powered.

I grabbed a micro usb cable with a ferrite on it. plugged it in to the same Usb port the these noises went away.  I tested again and again, same results each time.

Mar 3, 2016 at 3:44 PM Post #12,310 of 42,765
I received my Fiio -> Mojo coax connector from Dyson Audio yesterday. Couldn't be happier with the purchase. Well made cable, and at first listen, I think the coax connection actually sounds even better than the USB output from my MBP.

Mar 3, 2016 at 4:39 PM Post #12,311 of 42,765
hey all,

i've had my mojo for about 3ish months now; easily one of my favorite material possessions.
i want to apologize first for the question, because i recognize people get tired of addressing the same thing over and over. believe me, i scoured this thread for sometime wavering over the purchase myself.

with that said,

i use foobar. i've downloaded the wasapi component (wasapi output support), but i remain perplexed about something:
when i fiddle with digital output properties via windows, i can select the default format (sample rate, bit depth "when running in shared mode"). i change the settings to, say,

2 channel, 32 bit, 192000 Hz (Studio Quality), (purple)
or
2 channel, 32 bit, 384000 Hz (Studio Quality), (purple)
it sounds (as it should?) immensely more nuanced than the default rate
2 channel, 16 bit, 44100 Hz (Cd Quality), (red)

but, after some time, maybe 2-3 songs, it always starts clicking and emitting static-y noises; music becomes inaudible.
my newb interpretation of wasapi is that it is supposed to take care of this default formatting... but it always strikes me as a less complete sound than when i manually switch the default format through windows.

or when i set the default sampling through windows, and then open foobar, i don't get any playback.
Unrecoverable playback error: Unknown error code (0x88880001)
it's only when i change the format as a song is playing that it works. but then, the clicking and static resurfaces eventually.

anyone catching my words?
is there some optimal way to orient settings so i'm truly getting what i should?
or am i just imagining the superior sound when i switch settings?

thanks!

Mar 3, 2016 at 5:55 PM Post #12,312 of 42,765
Mar 3, 2016 at 6:36 PM Post #12,313 of 42,765
  I've found that plugging my Mojo in to a Usb 3 front port on my pc to charge whilst the Mojo is turned off it makes weird electrical noises, like its trying to reboot itself, over and over.  Sounds like tickticktick bleep bleep.  The white light is static on the Mojo so its not being under powered.

I grabbed a micro usb cable with a ferrite on it. plugged it in to the same Usb port the these noises went away.  I tested again and again, same results each time.

The problem is a noisy USB VBUS power line, and this makes the inductors in Mojo vibrate. Also, some USB cables have high resistance, and this makes the problem worse - so using a different cable can make the mechanical noise go away. The PSU itself can make it better or worse. Don't worry about it if you hear the noise, Mojo is not faulty and will continue to be reliable.

Rob

Mar 3, 2016 at 7:01 PM Post #12,314 of 42,765
I didn't realise how many layers there is in metal

I love how mojo makes my entire cd collection all sparkly and new, things like bass guitar lines that I could barely hear before are no problem now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back