Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Feb 23, 2016 at 4:22 PM Post #11,852 of 42,765
Hi guys , happy new owner of the Mojo , i have question , is it normal that it took so long for the first recharge ? ; it is now about 6h and  it's still in charge , the led is still on . Thanks in advance .

Feb 23, 2016 at 4:29 PM Post #11,853 of 42,765
  Hi guys , happy new owner of the Mojo , i have question , is it normal that it took so long for the first recharge ? ; it is now about 6h and  it's still in charge , the led is still on . Thanks in advance .

6 hours is no problem - it can, potentially, take as much as approximately 10 hrs.

Relax!
beerchug.gif

Is the LED motionless, or is it flashing?

Feb 23, 2016 at 4:32 PM Post #11,854 of 42,765
I pick my Mojo up tomorrow with a coax cable when i visit London (courtesy of Custom-cable), i can't wait to give it a listen!

Feb 23, 2016 at 4:33 PM Post #11,855 of 42,765

Rob, John,

Big thank you for making the timbre in Mojo, Hugo, Dave so live like.

I'm listening to Nickel Creek's This Side album - Smoothie Song (DSD64) Now. Amazing instruments. I feel like jamming with the band!

Great album, where did you get the DSD version?

Feb 23, 2016 at 4:36 PM Post #11,857 of 42,765

6 hours is no problem - it can, potentially, take as much as approximately 10 hrs.

Relax!
beerchug.gif

Is the LED motionless, or is it flashing?

The LED is motionless .

Great; then all appears well.

Kick back, open a cold one, and let nature take its course!

Feb 23, 2016 at 4:48 PM Post #11,862 of 42,765

Mine have just switch off , should i left for some couple hours more ?

No.

When the light switches off, Mojo is ready to use. You do not have to charge for 10 hrs. You only have to charge until the LED goes off (sometimes that takes approximately 10 hrs, but sometimes it is sooner).

Feb 23, 2016 at 4:52 PM Post #11,863 of 42,765

Timbre is the difference in sound of different intruments. A piano and a trumpet playing the same note sound completely different, and that is the timbre of each instrument.

It's actually easier to understand when you understand the theory. Take a note on the piano of 440Hz. That is the note A, just above middle C. However that component of the note is not all there is to hear. If you listen carefully you can hear higher pitched compontent noises, which are called overtones.

Overtones are at multiples of the base frequency of 440Hz. In other words the first overtone (or what we also call harmonics) is at 880Hz. That being 2 x 440Hz, and it is also a note A an octave above the base frequency of the note. In other words the note A at base frequency 440Hz is made up of vibrations at 440Hz and 880hz and onwards upwards.

It continues upwards and the next octave of note A is 3x440Hz which is the second overtone. This is A at 1320Hz, two octaves above the base frequency of the note.

On the piano the quantity of the overtones are what makes the sound of the piano. On the trumpet the quantities of each overtone are different, and that is what makes the sound of the trumpet. E.g the volume of the second overtone on the piano may be louder than the second overtone on the trumpet. This continues for all the overtones above the base note. That is what makes timbre, or an instrument's unique 'sound'.

Great explanation but like everything in audio and physics, it's always a little more complicated if you want the whole long story.  Your last paragraph is the key to understanding timbre for sure, but I would add there are also minor non-harmonic elements which add to timbre of some instruments.  There's a good write-up at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timbre among others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back