Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Feb 7, 2016 at 12:37 AM Post #10,831 of 42,765
So can we expect the add-on modules to be called the "mojo buddies"?
wink.gif

Feb 7, 2016 at 1:18 AM Post #10,833 of 42,765
Woah , that's pretty loud mate. I listen to my hifiman he560 at mid dark blue which is already damn well loud. Most of my iems are at mid/dark red :worried:

Yeah, I'm not surprised as everyone tells me that (even watching tv) :)

I just feel like I hear much more and get involved more at a higher volume, which I know is not a good thing.

Feb 7, 2016 at 1:25 AM Post #10,835 of 42,765
  It really isn't. Value your hearing if it's what gives you the most enjoyment.

To me it is, although might not for you.

But definitely hearing is important.

Feb 7, 2016 at 2:03 AM Post #10,837 of 42,765
I am thinking of buying a Mojo (already have a Hugo) as it is more portable than the Hugo and easier to charge (no need for the specific charger)

One question I have for Chord is how many charge/discharge cycles is the Mojo battery going to last ? I would expect 1000 cycles at least before 80 % capacity is used.

Anyway the Mojo is not a mobile phone that needs to be on 24 hours a day anyway.

And is this battery use replaceable in 5 years time?

Thanks

Feb 7, 2016 at 2:09 AM Post #10,838 of 42,765
I am thinking of buying a Mojo (already have a Hugo) as it is more portable than the Hugo and easier to charge (no need for the specific charger)

One question I have for Chord is how many charge/discharge cycles is the Mojo battery going to last ? I would expect 1000 cycles at least before 80 % capacity is used.

Anyway the Mojo is not a mobile phone that needs to be on 24 hours a day anyway.

Thanks

There's a section in the third post on the Mojo's battery.

TL;DR

Chord has expressed the battery will last in the range of 10 years with normal usage. If the battery fails you can have it replaced at an official Chord dealer easily as it has a connector, unlike the Hugo. If not you can send it in to Chord. The reason why they want you to go through Chord is they have had new battery tech implemented in the Mojo and actually had to wait for this tech before releasing the Mojo (as Chord has told me directly). For more info please read the third post.

Feb 7, 2016 at 4:26 AM Post #10,839 of 42,765
Does anyone know how the external microSD carder going to work when paired with mojo? How is the file read and how do we change tracks? I am really curious. It would be great if we could perhaps use our phone to change tracks, using our phone like a bluetooth remote. To me the entire purpose of mojo was so we can use our phone and not need dedicated daps/sources and sadly it is not the case for me due to form factors. 

Feb 7, 2016 at 5:08 AM Post #10,840 of 42,765

Thanks
Well in excess of 2000 however that is quoted as full deep discharge so any lesser level of discharge counts towards a full one so you'd need two 50 percent cycles to count as one full one this means that as our battery is unlikely to undergo repetive deep cycles it's life is calculated to be out beyond 12 years . The battery is a brand new advanced design. It can be replaced easily in any-case as it has a plug in connector,

Feb 7, 2016 at 5:14 AM Post #10,841 of 42,765
Does anyone know how the external microSD carder going to work when paired with mojo? How is the file read and how do we change tracks? I am really curious. It would be great if we could perhaps use our phone to change tracks, using our phone like a bluetooth remote. To me the entire purpose of mojo was so we can use our phone and not need dedicated daps/sources and sadly it is not the case for me due to form factors. 
You can trust Chord to do a good job on this we have thought things through very carefully. We are taking our time because what we are doing has not been done before at the scale or complexity at which we are working.

Feb 7, 2016 at 5:29 AM Post #10,842 of 42,765
You can trust Chord to do a good job on this we have thought things through very carefully. We are taking our time because what we are doing has not been done before at the scale or complexity at which we are working.

John, thanks for just outstanding product, as for now is far beyond my expectations, and for better battery life, could you recommend 1A charger, which was performed best, maybe it was tested, during developing time. Thank You.
(sorry for bad english)

Max

Feb 7, 2016 at 5:31 AM Post #10,843 of 42,765

That add-on, I really can't wait for it.

Hopefully with a good UI too!

Feb 7, 2016 at 5:36 AM Post #10,844 of 42,765

Thanks for replying back. Can you allude on the possible specs we might expect on this add on? I ask as I am about to make few somewhat expensive dpa purchases for chord and if I could know what I am to expect from this addon I can wait and save. 

Should we expect a UI, is it going to be a graphical UI? I am sure knowing this will save many of us a lot of money.

Thanks in advance. 

Feb 7, 2016 at 5:57 AM Post #10,845 of 42,765
Thank you Mr Franks for your prompt answer, very impressed to hear from the owner of Chord !

ok before I confirm my order there was some talk (is this true or not?) of early batches having a regulator issue, is this now sorted out in terms of the stock with dealers? Are there any serial numbers I need to be aware of?

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back