Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Feb 1, 2016 at 2:12 PM Post #10,473 of 42,759
  You know, Chord could have put all of those answers in their FAQ.

For me, I didn't see them there so I just went to this thread and asked here.

Well, yes & no...

There are so many possible permutations of smartphones, computers, DAPs, USB cables, Co-ax cables, Optical cables, stacking products, cases, smartphone apps, computer apps, etc. etc., that the ChordElectronics.co.uk FAQ would be intimidating for less-technical newcomers to their website, if a vast number of permutations were included. Additionally, a large proportion of the answers would require mention of branded products, and Chord, understandably, can't vet all the possible 3rd-party products, and thus can't risk being seen to implicitly endorse products which, perhaps, might not meet their own high standards.

Consequently, newcomers are better to check the info in the many links distilled on the 3rd page, here in this enthusiasts thread, on head-fi, and then, if they need more assistance, they can dialogue with members here, in the thread, rather than (perhaps) being unable to easily obtain the info they need, if it happens to be absent from a static FAQ.

There are some extremely helpful members, here on head-fi. who are very willing to help others - but it's simply polite for people to read the thread title and follow what it says, rather than ignoring it and jumping-in and asking questions which have been answered countless times before, and which are readily-available in the 3rd post or the Mojo FAQ on this site. If people don't find what they're looking for in those links, then many of us are very happy to assist.
beerchug.gif

Feb 1, 2016 at 2:39 PM Post #10,474 of 42,759
What's the current thinking on sysconcepts/mojo/AK100 stacking?

Do you go balls up with a diagonal cable, or do you hide your balls with a short vertical cable, with the mojo under the AK?
I've gone for the second but I'm curious about reasons for the alternate stack?

Feb 1, 2016 at 2:48 PM Post #10,475 of 42,759
Okay - the Mojo is arriving tomorrow. Since the name is a name dear to me I figured I'd have to give it try. I've gone to post #3 to look for a lightning to micro cable that eliminates the CCK. I've gone through a 100 pages so far with no results. Could someone provide a link please?

Feb 1, 2016 at 2:51 PM Post #10,476 of 42,759
Lavricable, FiiO L19, or there's one on taobao

Feb 1, 2016 at 2:53 PM Post #10,477 of 42,759
  Okay - the Mojo is arriving tomorrow. Since the name is a name dear to me I figured I'd have to give it try. I've gone to post #3 to look for a lightning to micro cable that eliminates the CCK. I've gone through a 100 pages so far with no results. Could someone provide a link please?

It's there...

Feb 1, 2016 at 2:54 PM Post #10,478 of 42,759

DX80 via coaxial was transparent and clear to me, but treble was too harsh. Computer via usb is the best so far, smooth with great bass., however there is a big difference what app and software you are using. (YouTube HD is congested and lifeless compared to Foobar with Asio) I am about to try android as a source, but heard all good and bad about it.

This has more to do with the quality of the youtube upload not with sources.

Feb 1, 2016 at 2:58 PM Post #10,480 of 42,759

Here is a quote from a couple of days ago

Well its not easy or not available to find use the eng site.  However, if you go to the original link http://world.taobao.com/item/44240667193.htm?fromSite=main&pid=mm_1100641_2323434_884563&unid=d97fb4211ff8ec68196beb0c1e446df9 you'll notice if you google translate that the top right corner 2nd link is for language.  SO if you choose not to google translate and select this tab, you can click english as your language.  It doesn't seem to be much better than google translate though -- or it might even just be google translate.

Neil

Feb 1, 2016 at 3:07 PM Post #10,485 of 42,759
What's the current thinking on sysconcepts/mojo/AK100 stacking?

Do you go balls up with a diagonal cable, or do you hide your balls with a short vertical cable, with the mojo under the AK?
I've gone for the second but I'm curious about reasons for the alternate stack?

Always hide my balls, don't want to accidently knock them or have the volume shoot up to dangerous levels

Users who are viewing this thread

Back