Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jan 28, 2016 at 10:09 AM Post #10,142 of 42,765
please send the unit back for investigation please add a small note quoting Grn 4796 if you return it direct to us at Chord to speed the process up we will immeadiately replace your unit with a new item.

Thank you but I can't be sure it's the Mojo. I know first time it happened three times within about ten minutes and I was pressing the volume buttons.

What had happened was, when it was new, the 'up volume' was sticking on. I had a few emergency shut-offs with the power button. After a day or two this fixed itself. Testing it had resolved itself, I was then just gently pressing the 'up and down volume' buttons. The sound simply stopped. It happened about three times in about ten minutes, and I had to reboot Mojo each time. Hasn't happened since with the volume buttons.

Other two times not related to this first (triple) occurance, I wasn't pressing anything. It happened about three days ago. Since I have been running only Media Go to try decide if it's JRiver.

It's why I was asking in case anyone else had difinitive answer that JRiver does that.

Jan 28, 2016 at 10:10 AM Post #10,144 of 42,765
please send the unit back for investigation please add a small note quoting Grn 4796 if you return it direct to us at Chord to speed the process up we will immeadiately replace your unit with a new item.

Any suggestions for my Mojo producing Coil whine issue?

I'm out of ideas.  Is there a bad batch out there?

Jan 28, 2016 at 10:38 AM Post #10,147 of 42,765
Thank you but I can't be sure it's the Mojo. I know first time it happened three times within about ten minutes and I was pressing the volume buttons. Still doesn't mean it's the mojo. Could be JRiver.

What had happened was, when it was new, the 'up volume' was sticking on. I had a few emergency shut-offs with the power button. After a day or two this fixed itself. Testing it had resolved itself, I was then just gently pressing the 'up and down volume' buttons. The sound simply stopped. It happened about three times in about ten minutes, and I had to reboot Mojo each time. Hasn't happened since.

Other two times not related to this first (triple) occurance, I wasn't pressing anything. It happened about three days ago. Since I have been running only Media Go to try decide if it's JRiver.

It's why I was asking in case anyone else had difinitive answer that JRiver does that.
sorry my post should have been a reply to

. We've had a look at your serial number and it was an extremely early unit in the first batch of unit We had a few units with an unstable regulator . We thought we'd caught all of these and replaced them. We are surprised that there are units like that still around as we've produced many many thousands since without any issues.

Jan 28, 2016 at 10:49 AM Post #10,148 of 42,765
sorry my post should have been a reply to

. We've had a look at your serial number and it was an extremely early unit in the first batch of unit We had a few units with an unstable regulator . We thought we'd caught all of these and replaced them. We are surprised that there are units like that still around as we've produced many many thousands since without any issues.

Thanks for clearing that up.  I'll send it back and get a replacement shipped out.  I only bought my Mojo on the 25th of this month.  The seller on Amazon UK was Peter Tyson, in case you want to contact them and prevent any more of that "bad" batch being shipped out.

Jan 28, 2016 at 11:55 AM Post #10,149 of 42,765
Hi,

I recently got a Chord Mojo and really like it.  I am having one problem am hoping someone can give advice or has previously encountered.

I am trying to use 24-96 and 24-192 files stored on my samsung note galaxy 3 phone but when I play it through the Mojo only the red light is illuminated (indicated 44.1 resolution).....shouldnt the light turn green or blue.  The samsung phone shows it playing at 24-96 on that device but it seems the chord mojo is reading it at 44.1.  

thanks

Michael

Jan 28, 2016 at 12:25 PM Post #10,150 of 42,765
  Hi,

I recently got a Chord Mojo and really like it.  I am having one problem am hoping someone can give advice or has previously encountered.

I am trying to use 24-96 and 24-192 files stored on my samsung note galaxy 3 phone but when I play it through the Mojo only the red light is illuminated (indicated 44.1 resolution).....shouldnt the light turn green or blue.  The samsung phone shows it playing at 24-96 on that device but it seems the chord mojo is reading it at 44.1.  

thanks

Michael

What app are you using to play your music? I'd highly recommend & personally use USB audio player pro for Android. Or you can try Onkyo HF player.

Jan 28, 2016 at 1:09 PM Post #10,153 of 42,765
  I am using the neutron music player on the samsung which detects the usb card on my samsung which has high res files

Sorry I have no experience with Neutron player, I'm sure someone else with experience with the app will be able to help. It must have something to do with the settings within the app. If you don't get a reply try asking / searching this thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/595071/android-phones-and-usb-dacs/7830#post_12291645

Jan 28, 2016 at 1:41 PM Post #10,154 of 42,765
No that simply is not correct! A single ended design, don't right with a large enough voltage swing will easily out perform a balanced output. Balanced designs are used by some designers to overcome inherent limitations within designs. Usually to overcome substrate noise on the chip that shouldn't be there or to increase the output voltage swing of their amplifiers. We don't suffer those limitation or problems so we don't need a dodgy fix for them. Our measurements clearly show this. Sorry to burst you bubble man.

I'm glad somebody had the courage to say that!  Thanks. Care to comment on power cords, fuses, and silver digital cables?  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back