Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jan 26, 2016 at 9:26 PM Post #10,036 of 42,765
Can't argue with that but I bought two alternative "hacked" cables and two CCK adaptors for the price of another vendor's CCK-requiring solution.  I own a lot of Apple products but that doesn't mean that I have to respect the constraints they try to place on my fair use.  Everybody has to decide for themselves how they want to spend their money.  Some people hear a difference between copper and silver, I don't so I save a lot of $$.

On a technical note, you state the "hacked" cables start with a Apple CCK to get the chip so I'm not sure it's really much of a hack that might annoy Apple.  Do we know this for sure or has the chip been cloned?  That would of course be of more concern to Apple or any other vendor.

From my point of view the risk is that if it fails Apple isn't going to fix or replace it.  I have already had one defective CCK so this is a real possibility.

Oh I hear you. If I was to be using my iPhone as the primary source for my Mojo I'd get a hacked cable for sure! But I would also know the risks. Just trying to make sure others do as well. Cheers

Jan 26, 2016 at 9:59 PM Post #10,040 of 42,765
I was mainly hoping for something awfully short for portable listening.  I know Moon Audio has the $75 cable they sell, but hoping there's a less expensive option.

Jan 26, 2016 at 10:12 PM Post #10,041 of 42,765
I was mainly hoping for something awfully short for portable listening.  I know Moon Audio has the $75 cable they sell, but hoping there's a less expensive option.

Ebay, however China takes 3 weeks, I feel moon audio is overpriced expecially in cables

Jan 26, 2016 at 10:55 PM Post #10,042 of 42,765
  My stack - what do you guys think?

sexy!
wink_face.gif

I'm still awaiting my mojo and ciem angie's come to me 

Jan 27, 2016 at 12:23 AM Post #10,045 of 42,765

Yes. The Plenue M is pretty good by itself but the sound is bigger, bolder and more detailed with the Mojo.

The tricky question is would I carry both as a truly portable system... at the moment I'm not sure that I would given that the Plenue is very listenable standalone, and there's always the concern about how robust the optical cable is.

That was me who asked initially. Thanks for answering my question. I've been increasingly more interested in the Cowon Plenue series as opposed to my earlier fascination with AK stuff. I can see that you love the M. It must be pretty good by the way you're comparing it to the Mojo. You're saying the Mojo is better but probably not worth the extra bulk on the go for you to carry both as the M is pretty good by itself.

That's exactly the question I had. Thanks!
biggrin.gif

Jan 27, 2016 at 2:01 AM Post #10,047 of 42,765
I discovered, Mojo sounds much nicer to the ear via usb than coax. Why is that?

I use Mojo with Foobar Asio driver and Android. The sound is much smoother than coax or optical. Livelier with better bass (quantity and quality). I tried coax from DX80, and while it is still a nice sound, highs are more piercing, and hurts my ears after a while. Sound is very clear and transparent, but not that consistent as usb. Coax sounded like crystal clear needles to my ears. While usb is a velvety smooth night sky with stars.

I too feel that a mobile phone is better than dx80 in sound (For feeding mojo)

My dx80 pops and clicks when I change tracks, something I'm not fond over at all

Jan 27, 2016 at 2:46 AM Post #10,049 of 42,765
I too feel that a mobile phone is better than dx80 in sound (For feeding mojo)

My dx80 pops and clicks when I change tracks, something I'm not fond over at all

Yes, DX80 is really great as a DAP only. As soon as you connect it to something else, there are clicks and pops. (Hopefully they will sort this out with a future fw, but I didn't wait for that.) Mojo is just superb straight from a phone, as you say.

Jan 27, 2016 at 3:54 AM Post #10,050 of 42,765
If you have listened to the Mojo connected via usb to an Onkyo DPX1 you will never use your phone again, yes, its ones and zeros and I do not understand why that should be so, I listen to it with two other people and we all agreed, the difference in sq is very noticable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back