Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jan 24, 2016 at 8:36 PM Post #9,916 of 42,759
Its 20 a month which while 2x orher services is wuite cheap when you factor in this hobby.

You dont need to stream. Download everything in HiFi. Its on your computer and phone in lossless FLAC. People spend more on a single album.

You do realise not everyone is in the U.S don't you ? In the UK it's £20 per month which is nearly 30$ :)

Jan 24, 2016 at 8:57 PM Post #9,918 of 42,759
About charging, when using iPhone charger, my mojo consistently took 6 hours from zero to full and 5.5 hours from red to full. Before returning it I want to make sure this is not normal since chord says 4 hours to full charge. Can anyone confirm?

Jan 24, 2016 at 9:27 PM Post #9,923 of 42,759
  Ive been listening to MOJO on iPhone so far and today I decided to plug it on my computer and to my surprise it sounds much better using Audirvana than KORG iAudioGate. 
Its so different that Ive had to listen to my all my favourite blues albums again on computer! Oh boy, guitars sounds awesome!

I've tried most of them, and Audirvana is my hands down preferred music app for the mac - for so many reasons - DAC or no DAC.

MBP → SDragon → Mojo →AQ Big Sur trs →LC

Jan 24, 2016 at 9:40 PM Post #9,924 of 42,759
About charging, when using iPhone charger, my mojo consistently took 6 hours from zero to full and 5.5 hours from red to full. Before returning it I want to make sure this is not normal since chord says 4 hours to full charge. Can anyone confirm?

I'm getting between 5-6 hours per charge cycle from red/zero till light out. Using the LG 1.8A charger from my G3.
I'm guessing that the newer generation chargers have internal circuitry that limits the amp towards the end of the charge cycle. Meaning that the last 10% would probably be slower which may cause the supposed delay in charge cycles. YMMV

Jan 24, 2016 at 9:45 PM Post #9,925 of 42,759
I'm getting between 5-6 hours per charge cycle from red/zero till light out. Using the LG 1.8A charger from my G3.
I'm guessing that the newer generation chargers have internal circuitry that limits the amp towards the end of the charge cycle. Meaning that the last 10% would probably be slower which may cause the supposed delay in charge cycles. YMMV

I don't believe so.  The charge circuit is in the Mojo so it controls the charge not the LG walwart.

Jan 24, 2016 at 9:52 PM Post #9,926 of 42,759
I don't believe so.  The charge circuit is in the Mojo so it controls the charge not the LG walwart.

I know it sounds not plausible but for me at least, given that the Mojo should only pull 1A as a constant, trying different walwarts (all above 1A) have yielded varying charge times from flat battery (using the same USB cable).
At least this is from my own experience.

Jan 24, 2016 at 10:09 PM Post #9,928 of 42,759
Check the Digital Output settings. Max PCM Ouput may be set too low.

Ok, what happens with the KaiserTone app is that when you open the app and connect a device like the mojo, each time you have to go into the settings/digital output/change the output setting device and hit the reset button, and this resets the app to playback HIRez onto the mojo. I havnt figured out how to make it permanent, but looks like it has to be done each time.

Jan 24, 2016 at 11:38 PM Post #9,930 of 42,759
Ok, what happens with the KaiserTone app is that when you open the app and connect a device like the mojo, each time you have to go into the settings/digital output/change the output setting device and hit the reset button, and this resets the app to playback HIRez onto the mojo. I havnt figured out how to make it permanent, but looks like it has to be done each time.

Sorry you're running into problems. I know they just released a new version. Maybe a bug was introduced. Try contacting the devs and see what they say: LINK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back