Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jan 24, 2016 at 5:19 PM Post #9,901 of 42,759
Only problem I have with using an iPhone is no FLAC support, and this is what I need.

Apple's Music app doesn't support FLAC, but you can absolutely play FLAC on an iPhone with numerous 3rd party apps. I've got a few on my iPhone and really like KaiserTone. It's a paid app that has a lot of control over sound.

Jan 24, 2016 at 5:20 PM Post #9,902 of 42,759
Feel free to contact me.
regular_smile%20.gif

I have been trying to stuff the Mojo, an SSD, and one of those Linux boards in an enclosure ever since I got the Mojo--kind of a DIY DAP or "all-in-one", depending on whether it has a battery too. It's been quite an adventure!

Rod

I've been trying with a pi, 200gb microsd, wifi dongle and volumio. It works pretty well: the pi runs a wifi hotspot and I use my phone as I have remote. The pi even seems to have enough power to charge the mojo, but I need to test more... I want to test something like pijuice too and see if I can make it truly remote.

A case for the whole setup would be the finishing touch, I was thinking about something like a playing card case but it might be a fraction small...

Jan 24, 2016 at 5:25 PM Post #9,903 of 42,759
For example my note 5 plays much nicer with mojo, much better over my dx80 (coax) and much better than a Toshiba laptop, and decent with a mac, not so good with iPhone,

I feel that it clearly matters what you use as source to fee. Mojo, so now the question still remains...
What is the best source to use to maximize Mojo sexyness?

Jan 24, 2016 at 5:48 PM Post #9,906 of 42,759
OT WARNING: Raspberry Pi questions below...

Ok, Raspberry Pi guys, Banana Pro, Cubieteuck type guys, what's a good resource for this type of stuff for someone new to the Raspberry Pi world? I'm not a complete noob, though. I used to install Linux distribution like guys in here go through audio gear but have been out of the game for awhile. I think Raspberry Pi was just released when I stopped playing around with Linux. Feel free to PM me, so we don't further derail the thread.[/

Jan 24, 2016 at 6:30 PM Post #9,907 of 42,759
Hi friends.

I don't have Mojo yet, hope will be at home in two days but as Rob recommend the volume at the phone app should be at max to get the best signal to the Mojo.

Maybe the sound change if the volume is not at max in the phone app.

could you try and post your impression.

Thanks

Jan 24, 2016 at 7:45 PM Post #9,910 of 42,759
Apple's Music app doesn't support FLAC, but you can absolutely play FLAC on an iPhone with numerous 3rd party apps. I've got a few on my iPhone and really like KaiserTone. It's a paid app that has a lot of control over sound.

Thanks for the ripp on this app, I just bought it and I am putting in the hires stuff I want to play, but why is my mojo only getting Redbook when I play 24/96 album. My power button stays red.

Jan 24, 2016 at 8:06 PM Post #9,912 of 42,759
Lol, maybe they don't want to pay 20-30$ per month for the service, I know I don't

And my internet is not up to par to reliably stream Tidal.

Its 20 a month which while 2x orher services is wuite cheap when you factor in this hobby.

You dont need to stream. Download everything in HiFi. Its on your computer and phone in lossless FLAC. People spend more on a single album.

Jan 24, 2016 at 8:24 PM Post #9,914 of 42,759
Thanks for the ripp on this app, I just bought it and I am putting in the hires stuff I want to play, but why is my mojo only getting Redbook when I play 24/96 album. My power button stays red.

It may be the application. When I first used my Mojo with an iPod Touch I was using the TuneShell app and all my albums from 16/44 to 96/24 were outputting (downsampling) at 16/44 (red light on the Mojo). I moved my library over to the paid version of Onkyo HF Player and now every album outputs at the correct bitrate (just remember to turn off the upsampling option in the settings of Onkyo).

Remember, Onkyo HF Player is specifically mentioned in the Mojo User Manual so I assume Chord had it in mind when designing the Mojo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back