Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jan 24, 2016 at 2:22 PM Post #9,886 of 42,759
@GreenBow: Interesting that you pointed out the 0.5 second mute isn't consistent. While I didn't notice that while using Mojo + iPhone during my week long audition period, I do find the same inconsistency in applying the 0.5 second mute applies to the Soundaware Esther DAP I just reviewed. The 0.5 second mute should only happen in that DAP when switching between resolution, but it sometimes occurs between songs with the same resolution. Not sure why. I just mention it because it sounds similar. Sorry if it's too OT.

Thank you too for replying. It's alright. Not OT for me.

Jan 24, 2016 at 2:29 PM Post #9,887 of 42,759
Thanks for sharing your experience with these, Staxton
As I am a real noob in this area I hope I will get it done.
I hope to find a possibility to get a custom case resembling Mojo.
But getting it to run is the first real task for me.
I may have to join nmatheis with a Pm for further tips, if that's alright.
Cheers

Jan 24, 2016 at 2:43 PM Post #9,888 of 42,759
Ive been listening to MOJO on iPhone so far and today I decided to plug it on my computer and to my surprise it sounds much better using Audirvana than KORG iAudioGate. 
Its so different that Ive had to listen to my all my favourite blues albums again on computer! Oh boy, guitars sounds awesome!

Jan 24, 2016 at 3:01 PM Post #9,889 of 42,759
I may have to join nmatheis with a Pm for further tips, if that's alright.
Cheers

Feel free to contact me.
regular_smile .gif

I have been trying to stuff the Mojo, an SSD, and one of those Linux boards in an enclosure ever since I got the Mojo--kind of a DIY DAP or "all-in-one", depending on whether it has a battery too. It's been quite an adventure!

Rod

Jan 24, 2016 at 3:28 PM Post #9,890 of 42,759
Nice to hear Saxton,
The idea of an all in one or even DAP crossed my mind... Shouldn't be to difficult to ad WiFi for control.

Jan 24, 2016 at 3:45 PM Post #9,892 of 42,759
Hey there,
I am planing to get rid of the smartphone as primary source, therefore I am going to build a Raspberry Pi 2 Streamer running Music Demon Player.
Has somebody tried this combination with mojo before?

Cheers

I am rid of the aweful/garbage/horrible/trash/pos dx80 as source for feeding mojo.

Just ordered a moto g2 just to use as a source for mojo.

Is something wrong in using smartphone as source? Vs other options

Jan 24, 2016 at 3:57 PM Post #9,893 of 42,759
  Ive been listening to MOJO on iPhone so far and today I decided to plug it on my computer and to my surprise it sounds much better using Audirvana than KORG iAudioGate. 
Its so different that Ive had to listen to my all my favourite blues albums again on computer! Oh boy, guitars sounds awesome!

Can you clarify?  What do you mean it sounds so much better?  Do you mean versus the iPhone?  

In fact I've had this question - so if we're going digitally out of the iPhone and digitally out of an AK player or other DAP, or going digitally out of the computer all via USB, shouldn't there be minimal differences?  Who has noticed big differences in source going out digitally when connected to the mojo via USB and same sound files?  Curious here as to why this would be different.

Jan 24, 2016 at 4:16 PM Post #9,897 of 42,759
  with mojo i use the neutron and onkyo hf players

i own the iphone 6s plus 128 and there is no comparison at all between the two, the mojo is miles better than what you can get from the iphone

you know i have to admit it although i do not like to admit it because i paid so much for my ak380 dap and amp over 4000 usd, the mojo sounds better than the ak380 dap and amp combo, this is why i am selling my ak380 and amp combo also

as for 192k mp3 honestly i can not help you in this cause i listen mostly to flac, but i can tell you this the mojo makes everything sound so dam good

What do you mean by this?  Are you referring to the mojo + iPhone or iPhone DAC alone compared to the Mojo + iPhone.  I keep hearing people comparing the mojo + some other source and then comparing that to the iPhone.  But what about the iPhone + mojo... it should sound as good as anything else connected with mojo rt?  assuming same DAC (mojo) and source files and connection method.  

Jan 24, 2016 at 4:25 PM Post #9,899 of 42,759

What do you mean by this?  Are you referring to the mojo + iPhone or iPhone DAC alone compared to the Mojo + iPhone.  I keep hearing people comparing the mojo + some other source and then comparing that to the iPhone.  But what about the iPhone + mojo... it should sound as good as anything else connected with mojo rt?  assuming same DAC (mojo) and source files and connection method.  

Well anyway search is my friend.  I found some info.  But yah.

Jan 24, 2016 at 4:40 PM Post #9,900 of 42,759

Can you clarify?  What do you mean it sounds so much better?  Do you mean versus the iPhone?  

In fact I've had this question - so if we're going digitally out of the iPhone and digitally out of an AK player or other DAP, or going digitally out of the computer all via USB, shouldn't there be minimal differences?  Who has noticed big differences in source going out digitally when connected to the mojo via USB and same sound files?  Curious here as to why this would be different.

To my ears, the sound has more body and the treble is less harsh when connected on Audirvana.
I think I will have to buy the Onkyo app to test it.

Do you know if the smartphone apps are bitperfect ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back