Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jan 23, 2016 at 4:50 PM Post #9,841 of 42,765

Which Anker charger are you using? The Anker charger I have tested with their new PowerLine cable have yielded the lowest noise level, with Apple charger coming close. Even then most of my charger and cable just works fine except when using a cheap extender cord.

Might be your cable causing some issues, I had one ran out of power with a charger plugged in, but that was with a extender cord, which was causing too much voltage drop for the charger to work properly..

Thanks for the response. I am trying that short cable now that came with the Chord and it seems to be doing the same thing. I will let it sit for a bit, but I am thinking the battery is not holding any charge. 

If the white charging light switch on and off, it might well be charging properly but with a broken battery instead.

Jan 23, 2016 at 4:57 PM Post #9,842 of 42,765

If the white charging light switch on and off, it might well be charging properly but with a broken battery instead.

The light is solid white (not flashing/switching on and off.) I can hear that charging "noise" that some have spoken of, if I hold it close to my ear.

If I remove the cable from the charger, it will not turn on at all. If I plug it back in, the lights cycle, go red, then i hear a click and it shuts off. 

Jan 23, 2016 at 5:38 PM Post #9,843 of 42,765
Just got the mojo and charging it for the first time. Is it normal for it to make noise while charging? At first I thought it was something that came from my PC or something. Just didn't expect it to make a noise like somethings spinning in it.

Also, is there a way to know when its fully charged?

Jan 23, 2016 at 5:42 PM Post #9,844 of 42,765
  Just got the mojo and charging it for the first time. Is it normal for it to make noise while charging? At first I thought it was something that came from my PC or something. Just didn't expect it to make a noise like somethings spinning in it.

Depends on the charger and cable combo.

More details: http://www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-the-official-thread-please-read-the-3rd-post/9810#post_12277858

Jan 23, 2016 at 5:47 PM Post #9,845 of 42,765

You'll know it's fully charged when the little white light below the USB port is off. If the light isn't on then you need a more powerful charger.

The noise is normal, but the amount will depend on the quality of the charger:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-the-official-thread-please-read-the-3rd-post/9765#post_12275843

Jan 23, 2016 at 6:15 PM Post #9,847 of 42,765
"Some users reported the first half second of tracks are missed when selecting a track using Foobar with computers"

I actually have the same problem now but with Musicbee. So I doubt it's the players, it must be mojo or the software. Is there no fix to this?

"A. The solution was to use JRiver as posted by @psikey However I use Media Go and want to avoid exporting files or maybe having to buy JRiver if it costs"

I don't even know what this means.. the solution is to use another player? What the heck is up with that.

Jan 23, 2016 at 6:15 PM Post #9,848 of 42,765
I'm wondering about these cases for Mojo, too. Specifically about heat build up. I imagine it'll probably be fine during normal use and charging, but perhaps it'll need to be removed if you're playing while charging which seems to generate the most heat?

Luckily cases are not permanent, so taking it off is no hassle,

But there are no cases on the market right now.... Which is disappointing

Jan 23, 2016 at 6:21 PM Post #9,849 of 42,765
"Some users reported the first half second of tracks are missed when selecting a track using Foobar with computers"

I actually have the same problem now but with Musicbee. So I doubt it's the players, it must be mojo or the software. Is there no fix to this?

"A. The solution was to use JRiver as posted by @psikey
However I use Media Go and want to avoid exporting files or maybe having to buy JRiver if it costs"

I don't even know what this means.. the solution is to use another player? What the heck is up with that.

This thread is on a merry-go-round.......... Users can use the 'search this thread' option.

This was covered recently:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-the-official-thread-please-read-the-3rd-post/9795#post_12277215

The problem of muting the initial start is due to certain OS and apps - when the sample rate changes, the data in the buffers get sent out at the wrong rate. When you switch from DSD to PCM you then get a loud bang, or track played at the wrong rate for a period. Now this fault is in the app, its absolutely nothing to do with the DAC.

So to fix the apps problem, if the sample rate changes, I force a mute for 0.5 seconds, so that you do not hear these noises. On some apps, you can force a small silent period at the beginning and this solves the issue.

If I didn't do this I would have people complaining about bangs thumps and music being played at the wrong rate. Better silence than shots being fired off!  

Rob

The linked reply from Rob Watts mentions the 0.5 second mute when switching sampling rates, but I imagine it also applies to initially starting music at any sampling rate to avoid any 'pops'.

Jan 23, 2016 at 6:33 PM Post #9,850 of 42,765
Finally found some decent (*not ugly*) looking right angled TRRS and TRS plug from Taobao, so I make another digital coax cable for my FiiO + Mojo.

Much more low profiled than my previous attempt.

ClieOS,
Can u share the link that u bought the TRRS right angled low profile jack that u used for making the coaxial cable.. lm too looking for the low profile type of jacks for fiiox3ii n mojo combo.
Thx

Jan 23, 2016 at 6:41 PM Post #9,851 of 42,765
This thread is on a merry-go-round.......... Users can use the 'search this thread' option.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-the-official-thread-please-read-the-3rd-post/9795#post_12277215
The linked reply from Rob Watts mentions the 0.5 second mute when switching sampling rates, but I imagine it also applies to initially starting music at any sampling rate to avoid any 'pops'.

"Now this fault is in the app, its absolutely nothing to do with the DAC"

How come it's not there for other USB dacs?

What option should I look for in foobar to fix it?

Jan 23, 2016 at 6:59 PM Post #9,852 of 42,765
"Now this fault is in the app, its absolutely nothing to do with the DAC"

How come it's not there for other USB dacs?

What option should I look for in foobar to fix it?

Because they put in a 0.5 second delay when the sampling rate changes (and I presume when the sampling rate initiates). Other DACs may not do this. It's a design choice. As Rob said in his post try adding a 0.5 second delay in your application to avoid the 0.5 second mute on the Mojo, as I highlit in bold in my previous reply.

Jan 23, 2016 at 7:17 PM Post #9,853 of 42,765

I wish I could do that with my dx80 (it pops, thuds, cracks, and f%&s your ears up the first second of a song, when switching songs. (Main reason I'm getting rid of dx80.

It Only does it when I use Mojo!

Anyways is there a way?

Jan 23, 2016 at 8:27 PM Post #9,855 of 42,765

I wish I could do that with my dx80 (it pops, thuds, cracks, and f%&s your ears up the first second of a song, when switching songs. (Main reason I'm getting rid of dx80.

It Only does it when I use Mojo!

Anyways is there a way?

Using foobar' DSP add on.

https://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_dsp_silence

Configure 500ms silence before the track.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back