Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jan 22, 2016 at 4:54 AM Post #9,737 of 42,759
Nice setup you got there kababayan! Grats on the Mojo! It surely is a great device. Currently using it with my rhapsodio-rti2 and it's heavenly
smily_headphones1.gif

Cheers!

Thanks kabayan! :3 I know I have limited experience with TOTL gears but of all portable amps/DACs I've tried, this is easily the best. Paired with my FlipEars CIEMs, I am easily transported to audio nirvana regardless of where I am physically. Connecting a CIEM to the Mojo may be overkill (the DX90 already does an admirable job driving them) but I am very much enjoying the experience. There's that extra bit of sparkle that just makes me smile the entire time I'm listening to the stack. :3

Jan 22, 2016 at 5:37 AM Post #9,738 of 42,759
Hope the test works out.
I got the only cable I could find so close to Christmas.
http://www.lindy.co.uk/cables-adapters-c1/usb-c449/usb-2-0-otg-cable-black-type-micro-b-to-micro-b-1m-p8518
I see the Lindy website is sold out. There are some on Amazon.

Jan 22, 2016 at 5:40 AM Post #9,739 of 42,759

Thanks for your impressions - very interesting.  I was surprised to hear that the Mojo can hold its own with the Linn system - which must be many multiples of the Mojo in terms of price.

It is indeed many multiples in price. The Linn of course is primarilly designed for loudspeakers, but I was also surprised that Mojo beats it with Headphones. Surprised, but happy as it's considerably cheaper than getting another Linn DS for my Office when I'm working at home!

Jan 22, 2016 at 7:45 AM Post #9,740 of 42,759
After reading the recent posts by Rob Watts I am a bit on edge since I am not using bitperfect. I am using Media Go, which operates in Windows Default. There is ASIO capability but none of us can get it to see the Mojo, and ASIO greyed out.

I downloaded the JRiver demo a few days ago, but it is nothing but a battle. I spent all of one evening on and off trying to configure it. I thought the simplist thing to do would be copy all my Media Go FLAC rips into the JRiver folder. Except JRiver has not made a folder in My Music. I have managed to import some, but not all are there, and it's a mess. Albums are in the wrong order when selected by artist which is what most of us probably do. E.g. The Pretenders album, The Singles, is second in the library, whereas it's under P in Media Go.

Bitperfect aside I think I prefer Media Go, for just being normal and intuitive.

I mean iTunes does the same. It makes its own folder. Not giving up yet I thought, I thought rip a CD. JRiver still didn't make a folder. It just dropped the album in My Music, next to the Media Go and iTunes folder.

EDIT: Slowly getting the hang of JRiver now. please anyone don't feel the need to add help. I have set up bitperfect, and set up JRiver to use my files from Media Go.

Jan 22, 2016 at 8:00 AM Post #9,741 of 42,759
After reading this thread at every opportunity, looking for one post that says "I prefer my Ha-2" which I'm yet to find..  Like many I've taken the plunge and ordered a Mojo off Amazon.  A blind impulse buy fed by hype - lets hope I jump on the train too.   The impulse was that bad I chose same day delivery so I receive it before the weekend starts (just to get the anticipation over with).

Ears engaged for a knock on the door - dammit no headphones for a few hours.

Jan 22, 2016 at 8:01 AM Post #9,742 of 42,759
  After reading this thread at every opportunity, looking for one post that says "I prefer my Ha-2" which I'm yet to find..  Like many I've taken the plunge and ordered a Mojo off Amazon.  A blind impulse buy fed by hype - lets hope I jump on the train too.   The impulse was that bad I chose same day delivery so I receive it before the weekend starts (just to get the anticipation over with).

same actually, just ordered it

Jan 22, 2016 at 8:18 AM Post #9,743 of 42,759

You won't be disappointed, I was on that same boat, It is one of the few products hyped on this site that has lived up to all the hype imho.

Jan 22, 2016 at 8:22 AM Post #9,744 of 42,759

I was the opposite, I bought blind and had been using the Mojo for at least 2 weeks before I discovered this Thread
Personally all these purchases are in a sense a gamble with the only real test being your own ears and experience.

My choices at the time were either the HA2 or the Mojo. I did read reviews in HiFi centric sites but took the choice to go the Mojo route.
Never regretted my choice in the slightest.

Jan 22, 2016 at 8:25 AM Post #9,745 of 42,759
By the way make sure you charge the unit as recommended before you start to listen.

Jan 22, 2016 at 8:30 AM Post #9,746 of 42,759
On a previous post I read:-

"With the Mojo you cant use Tidal, as Tidal relies on the OS to supply audio drivers and Android Lollypop only supports Class 1 drivers:frowning2: So until Android updates this, Tidal and other apps that rely on some one else to supply drivers wont work with the Mojo."

Does this mean I cannot access Tidal on my android devices? 

Jan 22, 2016 at 8:35 AM Post #9,747 of 42,759

Has anyone compared the Mojo to the LH Labs Geek-Out 450 USB-DAC?

Jan 22, 2016 at 8:44 AM Post #9,748 of 42,759
Many thanks to Rob Watts though (ref my post 9741; now edited) for mentioning bitperfect sidelines player volume control. I was wondering what was going on, haha.

I just uninstalled and re-installed JRiver, and made some progress. Therefor if anyone was thinking of leaving me a message, no need, I got it now. (Taken me about six hours to make progress though. Pfft.)

Jan 22, 2016 at 8:47 AM Post #9,749 of 42,759
Quote:
  On a previous post I read:-

"With the Mojo you cant use Tidal, as Tidal relies on the OS to supply audio drivers and Android Lollypop only supports Class 1 drivers:frowning2: So until Android updates this, Tidal and other apps that rely on some one else to supply drivers wont work with the Mojo."

Does this mean I cannot access Tidal on my android devices? 

UAPP has a Tidal mode and will allow using the Mojo with any supported versions of Android. I do this all the time for bit-perfect Tidal use and it works very well.

Jan 22, 2016 at 9:11 AM Post #9,750 of 42,759
After reading the recent posts by Rob Watts I am a bit on edge since I am not using bitperfect. I am using Media Go, which operates in Windows Default. There is ASIO capability but none of us can get it to see the Mojo, and ASIO greyed out.

I downloaded the JRiver demo a few days ago, but it is nothing but a battle. I spent all of one evening on and off trying to configure it. I thought the simplist thing to do would be copy all my Media Go FLAC rips into the JRiver folder. Except JRiver has not made a folder in My Music. I have managed to import some, but not all are there, and it's a mess. Albums are in the wrong order when selected by artist which is what most of us probably do. E.g. The Pretenders album, The Singles, is second in the library, whereas it's under P in Media Go.

Bitperfect aside I think I prefer Media Go, for just being normal and intuitive.

I mean iTunes does the same. It makes its own folder. Not giving up yet I thought, I thought rip a CD. JRiver still didn't make a folder. It just dropped the album in My Music, next to the Media Go and iTunes folder.

EDIT: Slowly getting the hang of JRiver now.

Yes Jriver can be a pain. I will send you screen shots of my settings later today to enable bit perfect for you. Jriver is well worth the learning curve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back