Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jan 21, 2016 at 10:47 PM Post #9,708 of 42,759
Finally sitting down with my HE-X and Mojo (last night was spent mostly charging it for the first time :p ) through my iPad Air and Tidal and I am gobsmacked! Can't believe the SQ from a $599 device! And the ability to take this sound with me to work and have this type of sound quality is simply amazing!

Yup. As Chord has said.... Game changer.

Jan 21, 2016 at 10:48 PM Post #9,709 of 42,759
Jan 21, 2016 at 10:48 PM Post #9,711 of 42,759
Hey guys, I am having a small doubt.

While playing through my Android mobile(Oneplus one) to MOJO.
Should i put the max. volume in mobile and control the volume from Mojo.
Will there be any difference in quality, if i won't use max. volume from my mobile and match up according to Mojo's volume.

Let me give the example :

Mob Vol(100%) + Mojo Vol(50%) --> X db (Y mw)
Mob Vol(75%) + Mojo Vol(75%)  ---> X db (Y mw)

I am giving the numbers randomly just to normalize the output volume in different scenarios.
So, will there be any difference in sound output ?

I would recommend trying apps like USB Audio Player Pro, Onkyo player, etc. Using player designed with USB DAC in mind will give you better sound quality and no unnecessary resampling.

Jan 21, 2016 at 10:56 PM Post #9,715 of 42,759

Hey guys, I am having a small doubt.

While playing through my Android mobile(Oneplus one) to MOJO.
Should i put the max. volume in mobile and control the volume from Mojo.
Will there be any difference in quality, if i won't use max. volume from my mobile and match up according to Mojo's volume.

Let me give the example :

Mob Vol(100%) + Mojo Vol(50%) --> X db (Y mw)
Mob Vol(75%) + Mojo Vol(75%)  ---> X db (Y mw)

I am giving the numbers randomly just to normalize the output volume in different scenarios.
So, will there be any difference in sound output ?

I would recommend trying apps like USB Audio Player Pro, Onkyo player, etc. Using player designed with USB DAC in mind will give you better sound quality and no unnecessary resampling.

I can't use these Apps, i dont rely upon my own collection of FLACS, i use an app which is equivalent to Spotify in India.
So my question remains the same, will there be any difference in SQ in above scenarios.
Thanks.

Jan 22, 2016 at 12:50 AM Post #9,716 of 42,759
It is always better to give Mojo bit perfect files and let Mojo do the work, as the processing within Mojo is much more complex and sophisticated than a mobile or PC.

So when you have an app that has a volume control, and no bit perfect setting, then set it to full volume on the app on the assumption that this will keep the data closer to the original file.

The volume control function on Mojo is much more sophisticated than the PC as I employ noise shaping and I do the function at a very high internal sample rate. Hopefully using the volume set to max on the app will mean the volume coefficient is 1.0000000... so it will return the original data.

Rob 

Jan 22, 2016 at 1:07 AM Post #9,717 of 42,759
It is always better to give Mojo bit perfect files and let Mojo do the work, as the processing within Mojo is much more complex and sophisticated than a mobile or PC.

So when you have an app that has a volume control, and no bit perfect setting, then set it to full volume on the app on the assumption that this will keep the data closer to the original file.

The volume control function on Mojo is much more sophisticated than the PC as I employ noise shaping and I do the function at a very high internal sample rate. Hopefully using the volume set to max on the app will mean the volume coefficient is 1.0000000... so it will return the original data.

Rob 

I've been feeding my beloved mojo from A dx80 (it's a dap) via coaxial, but I've always had the dx80 volume on 0 and only controlled the volume on my mojo.

When I use my android note 5 I have to have the volume midway and still control volume with mojo, should I turn both dx80 and note 5 volume on max and then also control volume on mojo?

What is the best way, for the best possible sound. For both the Dx80 and note 5

Jan 22, 2016 at 1:19 AM Post #9,718 of 42,759

Rob 

Very good info tht should be added to FAQ!
Volume control on mojo, other volume should be maxed out.

I wanted to ask a similar question but for the Hugo instead. Can I assume same settings applies?

Thanks Rob/Chord

Jan 22, 2016 at 1:20 AM Post #9,719 of 42,759
Totally new here. But I'm absolutely amazed by this device. Barely just heard about it, and it's so impressive to me given its size and what it does. As well as what other people are saying about the quality. This is on my list of what I am considering getting next. 

Jan 22, 2016 at 1:24 AM Post #9,720 of 42,759
I've been feeding my beloved mojo from A dx80 (it's a dap) via coaxial, but I've always had the dx80 volume on 0 and only controlled the volume on my mojo.

When I use my android note 5 I have to have the volume midway and still control volume with mojo, should I turn both dx80 and note 5 volume on max and then also control volume on mojo?

What is the best way, for the best possible sound. For both the Dx80 and note 5

Given that you still hear music with the dx80 volume at zero then it would be bypassing the volume control completely (like most DAP's digital output). No need to adjust the volume on the dx80 I believe. As per Rob's post above, if you can adjust the volume on digital output then you should maximize it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back