Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jan 21, 2016 at 2:02 PM Post #9,661 of 42,765
A warning to all who crave all that detail and do it with volume.

I hurt my ears doing so, with the Mojo and DT 990-33 and am now suffering horrible tinnitus; a high frequency uninterrupted tone in my head.

There is no escape from the suffering,

Jan 21, 2016 at 2:40 PM Post #9,663 of 42,765

I hurt my ears doing so, with the Mojo and DT 990-33 and am now suffering horrible tinnitus; a high frequency uninterrupted tone in my head.

That holds true to any audio playback system. Value your hearing make sure it is within reasonable limits, hopefully your tinnitus will go away with some rest.

Jan 21, 2016 at 3:07 PM Post #9,667 of 42,765

That looks like it is hurting both jacks. 

are you sure, you should not had made it a little longer?

George - The bend are molded into the cable, so it stays that same shape even when it's not plugged into anything. That's actually part of Sys Concepts art is putting bends into optical cables! And they do it well. Cheers 

Jan 21, 2016 at 3:14 PM Post #9,668 of 42,765
comparing this with my dacport lx, the sound from mojo is....more exciting. 

with non-audiophile terms, with dacport lx it is like you are playing from a record, while from mojo it feels like you are watching it live! like 2D vs 3D! very obvious after a few songs.

from my hd700, with dacport lx things are good, revealing, instrument separation etc, but once i plug in the mojo, after a few songs i can feel that dacport lx is more boring/recording like while mojo is really exciting. it is not V shaped because the mid/voice is good, so i agree when people here commented about W shaped. The bass is better, the treble is better, everything is more 3D. 

no bad treble in case you wonder about hd700. 

songs that immediately struck me about the 2D vs 3D is 'All out of love' by Olivia Ong. The guitar and the vocal. 

disappointment? android spotify doesnt support OTG yet. and window 7 drivers is a pain at first without the digital signature.( dont bother about skipping the checking of signature, wasted an hour)  so by following some online guide i use dseo13b.exe from schoolome tech website to sign the digital signature. 

Hi, just read this post from a month ago. Do you plug your hd700 directly into the dacport lx or is it going into an external amp?

Jan 21, 2016 at 3:15 PM Post #9,669 of 42,765
Do tell us what you think is awful about the dx80 and how does it compare in SQ to the Mojo.

Guys, do any of the cheaper Samsung smartphones for example work as a digital source with the Mojo?

Do the phones need to have some special OTG output/function and if so is this option/ability only found in the higher end smartphones?

I was thinking of the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime for example.

I am sure a lot of people would like to know the answer to this question or perhaps it has already been covered on this thread.

I wonder if this dude forgot his Mojo. :blink:

Pops, clicks, cracks, thuds, and painful noise every time you go to the next song, FW is flawed, it's just poop, I'm selling it and trying to find a small compact Cheap smartphone to feed my mojo

Jan 21, 2016 at 4:11 PM Post #9,671 of 42,765

Wow man, audio is sort of like the boiling frog story, you don't realize how loud you're listening if you keep cranking. I had a similar experience when a double barrel shotgun was fired several feet from me and I didn't have protection on. It'll go away eventually.

Right now I listen to probably 20-30 metal al ins a day on YouTube, I always start with volume off on mojo and gradually come up as albums differ in volume. It's also the reason I bought the ADEL CIEMs from 4 audio which make lower volumes seem louder. Best of luck, hope you didn't do any permanent damage.

Mojo makes it extremely tempting to keep cranking since it's so insanely resolute.

Jan 21, 2016 at 4:26 PM Post #9,673 of 42,765

Anything more low profile?

Not that I've seen.   Either the sysconcepts or moonaudio cable rise up about the same height from the appropriate jacks.

They were working on this prototype. You can ask them about this.

If you want a close fit, here is a an optical from Sys concept they are working on. The optical cable is epoxied into place but you can never pull on the cable to remove it.  You have to remove the toslink a little and then the mini end and back and forth and keep the Mojo and whatever source you are using, stable but it works well and is almost like having no connection as there is little protrusion. 

Jan 21, 2016 at 4:31 PM Post #9,674 of 42,765
Jan 21, 2016 at 4:33 PM Post #9,675 of 42,765
Anyone run their mojo with a small smartphone? I'm thinking about selling the aweful dx80 and buying a small smartphone to run mojo with exclusively. Any smartphone thst pairs up good size wise?

Motorola Moto E 2nd gen or Moto G 3rd gen are other options especially if available cheaply where you are

Guys, do any of the cheaper Samsung smartphones for example work as a digital source with the Mojo?

Do the phones need to have some special OTG output/function and if so is this option/ability only found in the higher end smartphones?

I was thinking of the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime for example.

I am sure a lot of people would like to know the answer to this question or perhaps it has already been covered on this thread.

As above or any of the more recent budget phones Huawei, Xiaomi and Asus, Wiley Fox, OnePlus X

Users who are viewing this thread

Back