Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jan 20, 2016 at 10:06 AM Post #9,589 of 42,765
In Romania, there was one shop who had it, but... 

1. The telephone number is not the one shown on Chord site, it is given on site. 
2. Web address would be welcome to be found on Chor's site. 

The company is highendaudio, and they did agree to give me an audition with Chord Mojo, now I only have to go to them (a little far from me, and I might not have my Ie800 for the next week, so I will wait until after that)

Jan 20, 2016 at 10:49 AM Post #9,592 of 42,765
Mojo Has 2.9 microvolts of noise with a 125dBv of gain this is a world beating specification that no other product quite matches. It's possible to have a slightly lower noise but this can only be achieved by having a far lower gain. When we designed we chose not to include unreliable switch gain options. Note Mojos very low level of noise does not increase with volume so it should not be at all intrusive. J Franks

So is the hiss normal with the Shure SE846?

I only bought the Mojo because people said it has no hiss with the Shure SE846.

Jan 20, 2016 at 11:01 AM Post #9,593 of 42,765

I see you also have Hugo. There should not be more hiss than with Hugo, but I doubt that there will be a lot less, given that some people did not hear hiss with hugo either

Jan 20, 2016 at 11:13 AM Post #9,595 of 42,765

Hi ubs28,

Most folks who own the Shure 846 and the Mojo combo are on both sides of the fence. One side claims a slight audible hiss that isn't detrimental to music enjoyment, while the other camp claims no hiss at all.
YMMV but it also depends on how sensitive to hiss are you? It is unfortunate that you hear hiss whilst under the impression of other owners that the Mojo doesn't hiss. This issue of hiss has been debated multiple times already and at the end of the day, it comes down to 2 things:

1) Is the hiss bothering you or is it a bother when you're enjoying the music. Does it get in the way of your enjoyment?
2) Is the hiss only with your SE846? If it isn't then it could be a faulty unit. If it is, then read point 1)

Cheers. Hopefully you can sort it out and enjoy what most of the users here are experiencing.

Jan 20, 2016 at 11:27 AM Post #9,597 of 42,765

So do you have hiss on your SE846s ? I wonder whetrher you have ever listened to some old analogue recordings or vinyl rips through them. That's a good way to get lots of nostalgic hiss and even a few crackles. I find it adds to my enjoyment of the music rather than being annoying

Jan 20, 2016 at 11:39 AM Post #9,598 of 42,765
  I like to use Optical using my Macbook then I can charge it at the same time

I've no argument with optical (I do most of my listening through it), but FWIW this split data/charge cable also works a treat, letting you charge and play back from a single USB port: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00NIGO3R4. 

I've clipped 4mm ferrites onto mine, which didn't make an audible difference to me (in my reasonably electrically quiet home anyway) but at least made me feel like I wasn't just using a £1.58 cable with Mojo 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 20, 2016 at 11:54 AM Post #9,599 of 42,765
W
My tinnitus provides hissing above any produced by the electronics.

The Mojo is one of the best kit I have bought in 60 years of audio.

I am 75 next April.
Wow! That's quite an endorsement. Respect and best wishes for April! :)

Jan 20, 2016 at 12:34 PM Post #9,600 of 42,765
Hi ubs28,

Most folks who own the Shure 846 and the Mojo combo are on both sides of the fence. One side claims a slight audible hiss that isn't detrimental to music enjoyment, while the other camp claims no hiss at all.
YMMV but it also depends on how sensitive to hiss are you? It is unfortunate that you hear hiss whilst under the impression of other owners that the Mojo doesn't hiss. This issue of hiss has been debated multiple times already and at the end of the day, it comes down to 2 things:

1) Is the hiss bothering you or is it a bother when you're enjoying the music. Does it get in the way of your enjoyment?
2) Is the hiss only with your SE846? If it isn't then it could be a faulty unit. If it is, then read point 1)

Cheers. Hopefully you can sort it out and enjoy what most of the users here are experiencing.

On classical music with soft sections, i hear it. I hear it also with the Shure SE535.

I'll contact Chord and see what they say about it. If it's normal then I'll return it and just stick with the Hugo. Else I will get it replaced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back