Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Dec 25, 2015 at 10:56 PM Post #7,636 of 42,759
I'd say the LC doesn't color, it's more a "wire with gain" amp at least IMO (and many others). The CDM with the tubes does add its own signature, which is not a bad thing. Try it and see if you like it. Don't judge others' tastes please. Cheers

So, if you are using an amp on top of the Mojo, and are not using any gain (i.e., if you are using the LC on 1x gain or 3x gain but less volume than full volume on 1x gain would provide) you are simply coloring the output of the Mojo. Not necessarily bad, but perhaps less fidelity than using the Mojo alone.

Dec 25, 2015 at 11:02 PM Post #7,638 of 42,759
If you can Pm me a picture of what the colour of both your balls look like that would be great.

lol

popcorn.gif

Dec 26, 2015 at 12:15 AM Post #7,640 of 42,759
It would be good if I level matched, but I didn't. I pushed both up to a limit I prefer listening to (can be off, give or take). It's kind of like comparing the ha 2 and mojo, I sensed mojo was much better, eventhough I didn't matched it perfectly.

Just curious, do people volumn match when they go to a store and compare products?

That is why going to a store and volume matching by ear won't give you the proper results for any amp comparison. A 1dB difference is big enough difference. Usually the louder one gives a favorable impression.

Dec 26, 2015 at 1:50 AM Post #7,644 of 42,759
That is why going to a store and volume matching by ear won't give you the proper results for any amp comparison. A 1dB difference is big enough difference. Usually the louder one gives a favorable impression.

It would be best, definitely, but it was not close enough that I find the need for volumn matching.

For example, I didn't need to volumn match to tell mojo is better than ha 2.

Dec 26, 2015 at 2:23 AM Post #7,645 of 42,759
It would be best, definitely, but it was not close enough that I find the need for volumn matching.

For example, I didn't need to volumn match to tell mojo is better than ha 2.

When the diffence is big that is when you have to eliminate as many variable as possible.

Dec 26, 2015 at 2:51 AM Post #7,647 of 42,759
When the diffence is big that is when you have to eliminate as many variable as possible.

I don't find it necessary, but each to their own.

Dec 26, 2015 at 4:49 AM Post #7,650 of 42,759
Boxing Day morning in Mojoland...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back