Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Dec 20, 2015 at 2:05 AM Post #7,232 of 42,758
Hi, some on can tell me where can i found a double coax(short not to long if it's possible) for dx90/mojo ? or any tips to combo dx90/mojo. Thx

Easy to make with coax and two mono 3.5 plugs. Dergabe on here does make and sell them.

Dec 20, 2015 at 2:50 AM Post #7,235 of 42,758
  On my Windows 8.1 all the videos on browser (Chrome) will not play when my Mojo is playing music through Jriver. Any solution to this? Thanks.

You probably have the Mojo set up to have exclusive control on the Playback Devices settings in Sound Control Panel.

This is how it should be, because having two separate programs access one sound device requires Windows Volume Mixer to first intercept the sound, which is the root cause of sound quality degradation.

USB DAC makers spend effort to make sure that no other programs will play sound when the DAC is occupied by the main music player.

Dec 20, 2015 at 4:53 AM Post #7,237 of 42,758
I tried to find a 30 pin to female lightning converter but had no luck, perhaps nobody has thought of the need for an ipod with 160GB capacity for the Mojo, I have been using OTG with my LG G3 and the sound quality into the Shure 846 is outstanding.

That's because it will not work. Not even with CCK.

Dec 20, 2015 at 10:15 AM Post #7,238 of 42,758
I tried to find a 30 pin to female lightning converter but had no luck, perhaps nobody has thought of the need for an ipod with 160GB capacity for the Mojo, I have been using OTG with my LG G3 and the sound quality into the Shure 846 is outstanding.

http://www.amazon.com/Lightning-Female-Adapter-Iphone-Touch/dp/B00OT2UQDG#immersive-view_1450624275500

Dec 20, 2015 at 10:45 AM Post #7,240 of 42,758
The question remains whether, even with this adapter, the iPod Classic will transmit a digital line out which the Mojo requires.

If it's like the Hugo, it would only work with the iPhone, iPad, or certain iPod touch models.

Dec 20, 2015 at 11:11 AM Post #7,241 of 42,758
If anyone is looking to get an optical cable from an AK to a mojo, you should definitely try SysConcept, where they can get it custom made.
Don't make my mistake and get the Silver Dragon from Moon Audio.
I got their Silver Dragon USB and it broke within a year. 
The quality is so notorious, it would have been better to use a printer cable.
Dealing with them was the worst experience I had.... 

Dec 20, 2015 at 11:22 AM Post #7,242 of 42,758
  If anyone is looking to get an optical cable from an AK to a mojo, you should definitely try SysConcept, where they can get it custom made.

You are lucky.

You could live in Japan where cables are everywhere yet nobody has a short one for a Mojo and a Note 4
mad.gif

Dec 20, 2015 at 11:27 AM Post #7,243 of 42,758

It's unfortunate that you've had a negative experience with Moon Audio.

My experience with them and their products has been nothing short of fantastic.

Dec 20, 2015 at 11:53 AM Post #7,244 of 42,758

I wouldn't discount Moon Audio completely, as I have had several Silver Dragons of various types and never had a problem with them.  It's always going to depend on how gently or roughly you handle your equipment.  I'm not familiar with their quality being notoriously bad.  IMO.

Dec 20, 2015 at 1:23 PM Post #7,245 of 42,758

I have a dedicated computer for my dac, so I plugged the Silver Dragon into my system and just left it. 
But around a year, it started randomly disconnecting from my DAC, where I would have to switch off the DAC and switch it on again to get a signal. 
Soon afterwards, it wouldn't even recognize my DAC. I wanted to see if the problem was due to my DAC.
So I switched to a stock USB cable and it worked flawlessly. 
I agree with you that not all their cables may have bad quality, but do take their manufacturing consistency with a grain of salt. It seems to be all over the place...
I do have their blue dragon that stills works without a hitch... But the Silver Dragon costs twice as much, and it's twice as quick to break... 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back