Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Dec 18, 2015 at 1:52 PM Post #7,111 of 42,759
Mojo's USB input for CCK from iPhone 6+ is acting up yesterday (did not have loosing problem at the beginning). However, I mostly listen to AK100mk2 via optical which I like the SQ more...

Yep, just tried charging it, and it's impossible due to it getting disconnected. Contacted them on Facebook asking for advice since I live outside the US, they've seen my message but not answered it.. 

Dec 18, 2015 at 1:55 PM Post #7,112 of 42,759

No longer needed...my wife purchased a LG V10. BRAND NEW just received Pure Silver Lightning to Micro USB Chord Mojo/Hugo Interconnect from Lavricables for iDevices. Eliminates the need for the Apple CCK. For Sale/Best Offer. PM me if interested

Dec 18, 2015 at 1:59 PM Post #7,113 of 42,759
What the heck, now it's putting out DSD, I didn't change anything.

Where did you get Jimi in DSD?

Yep, just tried charging it, and it's impossible due to it getting disconnected. Contacted them on Facebook asking for advice since I live outside the US, they've seen my message but not answered it.. 

Chord live outside the US too (in the UK) and it's 7pm here, I imagine the office has been closed for an hour or so.

Dec 18, 2015 at 2:05 PM Post #7,114 of 42,759
So I've tried the USB cable that came with it. Lifting the mojo up disconnects it, including when it's charging.
So I tried the USB cable that came with my S6 EDGE +. Lifting the mojo up disconnects it too.
Then I tried the cable that came with my PS4, and for some reasons it doesn't disconnect when I use that cable. It's really weird, but atleast it works okay-ish now.

Dec 18, 2015 at 2:07 PM Post #7,115 of 42,759
I'd be interested to know if anyone has tried pairing the Mojo with an iBasso DX50 - size-wise looks a perfect match and would side-step the limitations of the DX50's DAC and amp.

Also now they are discontinued, there are some good deals on the DX50 to be had.

Thoughts or experiences welcome

Dec 18, 2015 at 2:08 PM Post #7,116 of 42,759
  So I've tried the USB cable that came with it. Lifting the mojo up disconnects it, including when it's charging.
So I tried the USB cable that came with my S6 EDGE +. Lifting the mojo up disconnects it too.
Then I tried the cable that came with my PS4, and for some reasons it doesn't disconnect when I use that cable. It's really weird, but atleast it works okay-ish now.

Do the cables click-in satisfyingly? May be they're not connected properly?

Dec 18, 2015 at 2:17 PM Post #7,117 of 42,759
  Do the cables click-in satisfyingly? May be they're not connected properly?

All of them click-in satisfyingly, but only the PS4 cable can be poked at and not be disconnected.
I'm really glad that I found this out though, for a moment there, I though I was holding an expensive paperweight. 

Dec 18, 2015 at 2:19 PM Post #7,118 of 42,759

All of them click-in satisfyingly, but only the PS4 cable can be poked at and not be disconnected.
I'm really glad that I found this out though, for a moment there, I though I was holding an expensive paperweight. 

Still sounds like it might be worth getting it swapped out for another unit as this does not sound like typical behavior IME for the Mojo. 

And say "hi" to Norway for me - my lineage is from near Trondheim. 

Cheers 

Dec 18, 2015 at 2:25 PM Post #7,119 of 42,759
hey guys,
i am having plans to get this. i learnt that it supports coax, usb and optical inputs. i won't be using the optical one but i am a bit stranded between the the other two.

my guess is that the usb output from my dap will send audio files to the mojo's usb input without getting tampered by the dap's dac or the amp. am i right?
what about the coax output from my dap? will music files pass through the dap's dac or amp (i believe the amp doesn't touch them but what about my dap's dac?) before being sent to the mojo's coax input?

Dec 18, 2015 at 2:27 PM Post #7,120 of 42,759
  Still sounds like it might be worth getting it swapped out for another unit as this does not sound like typical behavior IME for the Mojo. 

And say "hi" to Norway for me - my lineage is from near Trondheim. 

Cheers 

Yeah, I'll contact chord electronics and see what they say. Hopefully I'll get it swapped :)
And will do!

Dec 18, 2015 at 2:41 PM Post #7,121 of 42,759
hey guys,
i am having plans to get this. i learnt that it supports coax, usb and optical inputs. i won't be using the optical one but i am a bit stranded between the the other two.

my guess is that the usb output from my dap will send audio files to the mojo's usb input without getting tampered by the dap's dac or the amp. am i right?
what about the coax output from my dap? will music files pass through the dap's dac or amp (i believe the amp doesn't touch them but what about my dap's dac?) before being sent to the mojo's coax input?

It depends on your DAP but none of them pass files through, they will all need to convert the files to an audio stream.

Earlier in the thread there was a bit of heat on this topic as some DAPs were definitely altering the output (eq and volume were having an effect).

Oh and some DAPs do not output digital at all like the AK jr and Fiio x1

Dec 18, 2015 at 2:45 PM Post #7,122 of 42,759
  Got my Mojo, and I'm extremely satisfied with the audio quality.
However, the USB ports on my unit are defect. Small movements will disconnect the mojo when it's charging, or used as dac, so I guess the usb ports are loose.
Too bad I will have to return it. Bumping into it while using my macbook will disconnect it, so using it portable with my S6 edge will be impossible.
Anyone that have heard of this issue?

I had this problem with specific USB cables - might not be the Mojo, some cable connectors are not as tight. Have you tried different cables and are getting the same issue with all of them?

Dec 18, 2015 at 2:50 PM Post #7,123 of 42,759
Coaxial Digital Input not working?!

I purchased my first coax digital cable;
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OZCHJA8?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00

and connected it to the output of a blu-ray player with a movie playing, and the Mojo provided no music, the on/off ball that indicates bit-rate is not lit.

then, I connected it to the coax output of a iFi Nano iDSD with hi-res, then redbook music playing; same result...no throughout to the Mojo.

Has anyone else tried the coax on the Mojo?

I so much do not want to send the unit back, as I enjoy it immensely having replaced my desktop DAC/AMPs.

However, I want the coax to work.

Suggestions?
Did you have any other input connected at the same time?

Dec 18, 2015 at 2:53 PM Post #7,124 of 42,759
I never believed that audiophile USB cables make a difference, but was proved wrong recently when using Supra USB (with Audioquest micro adapter) with Mojo; the difference between the out of box usb and this is rather significant; wider soundstage, better instrument separation, less harsh - so I can only deduce Mojo likes good quality cables.. still don't understand how this works, digital is digital is digital

On another note, Mojo + HD600 (with HD650 cables and important 100 hour burn in) is a stunning combination. After going through Shure SRH1840, Oppo PM3, Hifiman HE560, the HD600s come on top as the most honest to source/balanced sound with the Mojo. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back