Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Nov 30, 2015 at 1:36 PM Post #6,047 of 42,759
Nov 30, 2015 at 1:53 PM Post #6,048 of 42,759
Finally a really tidy co-ax cable solution between iBasso and Mojo, thanks fellow member @derGabe  
beerchug.gif

Listening to a FLAC of Don Henley's new album 'Cass Country', through Grado 325e's. Audio this good for under £1000
L3000.gif

Nov 30, 2015 at 3:18 PM Post #6,049 of 42,759
I am stuck trying to figure out a file transport for the Mojo.

I can't decide whether to get a budget smartphone phone since I don't have one. The pros are it's compact, and could have a decent camera.

I could get a DAP. As song as I keep to WAV and FLAC I don't need a high res player. Or I could stretch budget to the Sony NWZ-A15 for a HD player.

Or I could buy a budget tablet. Right now there is the Amazon Fire 7" for £35. I know it's cheap but I won't need a camera in a tablet so basic is good. It's small enough to be portable generally, but not really pocket portable. I am not too sure if I would be using the Mojo as regular pocket portable anyway. It will make easy for transporting about the home.

Nov 30, 2015 at 5:45 PM Post #6,050 of 42,759

I can't decide whether to get a budget smartphone phone since I don't have one. The pros are it's compact, and could have a decent camera.

I could get a DAP. As song as I keep to WAV and FLAC I don't need a high res player. Or I could stretch budget to the Sony NWZ-A15 for a HD player.

Or I could buy a budget tablet. Right now there is the Amazon Fire 7" for £35. I know it's cheap but I won't need a camera in a tablet so basic is good. It's small enough to be portable generally, but not really pocket portable. I am not too sure if I would be using the Mojo as regular pocket portable anyway. It will make easy for transporting about the home.

I'm researching these at the moment, seem well built and reasonably priced ???

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hidizs-professional-Audio-Music-Player-Black/dp/B00N0DZ8F6

Nov 30, 2015 at 6:15 PM Post #6,052 of 42,759
Thanks jcoops16 but custom-cable.co.uk does not seem to have it in stock. I've mailed them though to make it clear.

Amazon is fine if somewhere in Europe otherwise it gets stuck in Swedish customs (from US). amazon.co.uk say they cannot ship to Sweden... :frowning2:

Nov 30, 2015 at 6:30 PM Post #6,053 of 42,759

An iPod Touch would work well for this. You can play WAV and FLAC with KaiserTone and also have the option for services like Tidal, Spotify, and whatever other online services there are. Plus, you can also stream and listen through WiFi while connected to the Mojo. Also Relisten, while expensive, sounds excellent. It's also tiny and compact. I could go on, but then I caved and got an iPhone.

Nov 30, 2015 at 6:39 PM Post #6,054 of 42,759

Getting a smartphone could be a good idea. They are pretty practical.

Good camera on a budget(y) phone: Sony z5 compact http://www.mobiles.co.uk/sony-xperia-z5-compact-black.html Expandable memory, should be a good match for the mojo size-wise, and it's 23mp camera is about as good as it gets on mobile. There were some great deals on this one in Norway during black friday, don't know about prices in the UK.

Nov 30, 2015 at 7:02 PM Post #6,055 of 42,759
What are some decent sites to buy the Mojo from (for the US)? Preferably with a good return policy (no restocking fee or etc.), just in case? All I see is Moon Audio (which does 10% restocking, which would be $60 + return shipping).

Nov 30, 2015 at 7:09 PM Post #6,056 of 42,759
  What are some decent sites to buy the Mojo from (for the US)? Preferably with a good return policy (no restocking fee or etc.), just in case? All I see is Moon Audio (which does 10% restocking, which would be $60 + return shipping).

http://www.ttvjaudio.com/Chord_Mojo_Portable_Headphone_Amp_and_DAC_p/cho0000098.htm

Nov 30, 2015 at 7:42 PM Post #6,057 of 42,759

http://www.ttvjaudio.com/Chord_Mojo_Portable_Headphone_Amp_and_DAC_p/cho0000098.htm

Thanks for the link, but I can't find anything about their Return Policy?

Todd The Vinyl Junkie - Shipping & Returns
Says nothing about returns

Todd The Vinyl Junkie - Site Help / FAQ
Says "Please see our Terms & Conditions for complete details regarding our return policy."

Todd The Vinyl Junkie - Terms and Conditions
Says nothing about returns

So confusing lol... 
confused_face_2.gif

Nov 30, 2015 at 7:46 PM Post #6,058 of 42,759
I am very dissapointed with Onkyo HF.  Coming from the far-superior tuneshell it's a terrible app.  You can't change album/artist names, you can't add art from your photo stream or online, you can only delete files.  The equalizer is good but that's about it.  Does anyone know if tuneshell has a neutral sig like onkyo or is it bass/treble spiked even when eq is disabled?  I'll probably use tuneshell for everything except DSD and 24 bit flac, not sure if tuneshell can play 24-bit flac.

Nov 30, 2015 at 7:52 PM Post #6,059 of 42,759
  I am very dissapointed with Onkyo HF.  Coming from the far-superior tuneshell it's a terrible app.  You can't change album/artist names, you can't add art from your photo stream or online, you can only delete files.  The equalizer is good but that's about it.  Does anyone know if tuneshell has a neutral sig like onkyo or is it bass/treble spiked even when eq is disabled?  I'll probably use tuneshell for everything except DSD and 24 bit flac, not sure if tuneshell can play 24-bit flac.

Tuneshell should be able to play 24-bit flac files.

Nov 30, 2015 at 8:01 PM Post #6,060 of 42,759

So far it's Neutron or bust for me. None of the other apps seem to have a real EQ (with shelves, quality, etc.). I've been spoiled by EQ APO/Peace lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back