Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Nov 24, 2015 at 11:30 AM Post #5,776 of 42,759
  thanks, but not with you? Whilst technically I could have the opp to try, am around 3hrs from any possibility of a dem, and would prefer to rule out non-contenders by the opinions of my peers, and shortlist likely candidates. Then Ill make an informed decision whether to take the plunge and buy blind (so far so good in that department) or take the time and effort of spending a day's travel to dem.

I do enjoy T1 with Mojo. All the cans I tried so far doesn't make the Mojo sweat. But what I enjoy the most is HD800 and SR-507 with SRM-323S with Mojo.

Nov 24, 2015 at 11:46 AM Post #5,777 of 42,759

I do enjoy T1 with Mojo. All the cans I tried so far doesn't make the Mojo sweat. But what I enjoy the most is HD800 and SR-507 with SRM-323S with Mojo.

Thanks for this +ve info. The T1's are less than half the price of the HD800's and about a third of  the price of that Stax combo here, i guess. 
Hmmmm... how much more do you enjoy them. I mean, are they chalk and cheese better, or like, 20% better?  I know it's difficult to quantify. 

As an example, the difference over my GR10's with the Mojo and the K3003's with Mojo is such that I just can't bear to listen to the GR10's. It's like a cloudy, mid-centric mess with no finesse. The "air" and space notable with the K3's is all but gone. In this case, I would gladly pay double to get the sound of the K3003's. It's a no-brainer. In a similar vein, would it be possible to expound more on the difference between T1 and HD800 or the Stax rig?

Really appreciate it.

Nov 24, 2015 at 11:56 AM Post #5,778 of 42,759

Thanks for this +ve info. The T1's are less than half the price of the HD800's and about a third of  the price of that Stax combo here, i guess. 
Hmmmm... how much more do you enjoy them. I mean, are they chalk and cheese better, or like, 20% better?  I know it's difficult to quantify. 

As an example, the difference over my GR10's with the Mojo and the K3003's with Mojo is such that I just can't bear to listen to the GR10's. It's like a cloudy, mid-centric mess with no finesse. The "air" and space notable with the K3's is all but gone. In this case, I would gladly pay double to get the sound of the K3003's. It's a no-brainer. In a similar vein, would it be possible to expound more on the difference between T1 and HD800 or the Stax rig?

Really appreciate it.

If I can help - I at least know what the T1s sound like as opposed to the HD800s as I owned them at the same time for a year and still own the HD800s. 
I listen to mostly rock music and have my head firmly back in the 60s 70s and 80s so the likes of Led Zepp Fleetwood Mac Pink Floyd I listen to a lot. Elton John , Dire Straits , Joni Mitchell , The Eagles are amongst the 1000s of artists on my playlists. I listen from 320 MP3s up to Quad DSD.
I found the T1s to be very fast with a very energetic sound, ultimately I sold mine because I preferred the more richer and wider sound of my HD800s. The T1s got a listen just before I put them into the box to send them off to the Ebayer that won them and it almost broke my heart in two as I put them away for the final time....

Nov 24, 2015 at 2:30 PM Post #5,781 of 42,759
  If I can help - I at least know what the T1s sound like as opposed to the HD800s as I owned them at the same time for a year and still own the HD800s. 
I listen to mostly rock music and have my head firmly back in the 60s 70s and 80s so the likes of Led Zepp Fleetwood Mac Pink Floyd I listen to a lot. Elton John , Dire Straits , Joni Mitchell , The Eagles are amongst the 1000s of artists on my playlists. I listen from 320 MP3s up to Quad DSD.
I found the T1s to be very fast with a very energetic sound, ultimately I sold mine because I preferred the more richer and wider sound of my HD800s. The T1s got a listen just before I put them into the box to send them off to the Ebayer that won them and it almost broke my heart in two as I put them away for the final time....

lovely. I think I'm pretty decided on the T1's for less than half the price of the HD800's, I have to take a view. $$ have to be taken into consideration :)

We pretty much share the same taste in music too :) - give Steely Dan a whirl with Mojo. It's stunning. Was listening to Pretzel Logic. Incredible. 

Nov 24, 2015 at 3:35 PM Post #5,783 of 42,759

I found the Mojo to struggle with dynamics with the HD650 on its own. It did good with my easy to drive stuff no problem. The T1 I think will get loud but I'd imagine a separate amp would be needed. The amp section doesn't put out enough for demanding cans IMO.

I couldnt disagree more...i use my LCD-3F without any issue and used my HD800 before i sold it and it was a great match.....other than a dedicated desktop amp you are not gonna do much better on anything as portable as the Mojo is.......the more i use the little guy the more i find myself appreciating it

Nov 24, 2015 at 4:17 PM Post #5,784 of 42,759

Having a little fun with the Chrod Mojo. The Mojo combined with the Supreme Sound Lycan (opamp V5) is a rarkable pairing for larger headphones. Combined together, the Lycan and Mojo are both extremely accurate and revealing yet opamps can still be rolled to tailor the sound. Earlier in this thread people have expressed interest in using the Mojo with speakers and the Lycan's pre-amp capability would make it a perfect solution to drive powered speakers from the Mojo. I will post a full review in the coming days but thus far the results are huge-- especially from two tiny devices.

Nov 24, 2015 at 5:26 PM Post #5,785 of 42,759

Having a little fun with the Chrod Mojo. The Mojo combined with the Supreme Sound Lycan (opamp V5) is a rarkable pairing for larger headphones. Combined together, the Lycan and Mojo are both extremely accurate and revealing yet opamps can be rolled to adjust the sound to be more musical or warm. Earlier in this thread people have expressed interest in using the Mojo with speakers and the Lycan's pre-amp capability would make it a perfect solution to drive powered speakers from the Mojo. I will post a full review in the coming days but thus far the results are huge-- especially from two tiny devices.

Did a review of the V5 and found it to be an exceptional performing op amp. I've been following the Lycan thread closely and you've just made it that much more appealing. When i get my next set of large cans the Lycan+Mojo will be my set up as well and I'm happy to know that it looks like its going well.
beerchug.gif

Nov 24, 2015 at 6:05 PM Post #5,786 of 42,759
[COLOR=B22222]I found the Mojo to struggle with dynamics with the HD650 on its own. It did good with my easy to drive stuff no problem. The T1 I think will get loud but I'd imagine a separate amp would be needed. The amp section doesn't put out enough for demanding cans IMO.[/COLOR]

I couldnt disagree more...i use my LCD-3F without any issue and used my HD800 before i sold it and it was a great match.....other than a dedicated desktop amp you are not gonna do much better on anything as portable as the Mojo is.......the more i use the little guy the more i find myself appreciating it

It just wasn't up to par on its own. With the Ember however, it was great. I thought the amp was pretty weak personally. Those who find it enough, good for them, I wish I felt the same way.

Nov 24, 2015 at 6:50 PM Post #5,789 of 42,759
  I will get hold of it - I love Steely Dan too

if you have tidal, it's awesome on there. I don't know what they do there, but sometimes the tidal versions are better than anything I have. Even HD and SACD DSD files. The copies I have on PC don't "pop" as much as those on tidal. I wonder if they apply a bit of magic polish at Tidal HQ 
gs1000.gif

Nov 24, 2015 at 8:27 PM Post #5,790 of 42,759
After reading the first 90 pages, I went ahead and pulled the trigger. Ordered from Moon-Audio in the morning, I received shipping confirmation from FedEx that afternoon! Should be here this weekend, Can't wait to see the rainbow when I first turn it on!!!

I reviewed the rest of the pages, well just because I hate to be the guy who asks a question answered in a previous post.. (but i skipped posts about android, DAPs, OTGS because I'm a mac guy)

A couple of questions for the Chord team:

1. I understand that Chord does NOT recommend using the adapter below into an Apple lightning/camera dongle with the Mojo:

Would the other adapter (⬇︎) mentioned be acceptable?

2. Do you anticipate that the upcoming SD card module will be able to be accessed from iOS, Android, and/or Windows smart phones? And what will be the maximum supported card capacity?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back