Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Nov 22, 2015 at 5:34 AM Post #5,611 of 42,765
I would have to disagree. I am very sensitive to any audible hiss and I hear none with my rig. As I stated, my post was not meant to argue or gainsay with other worthy posters who have heard artifacts with their Mojos. So please give me the same courtesy and not presume I would not detect such artifacts in the sound.

Other posters have heard hiss with the amps you describe as "legendarily quiet", so why is it so hard to believe that someone could be more sensitive to hiss than you? Is that really being discourteous?

Nov 22, 2015 at 5:47 AM Post #5,612 of 42,765
Other posters have heard hiss with the amps you describe as "legendarily quiet", so why is it so hard to believe that someone could be more sensitive to hiss than you? Is that really being discourteous?

No it is being presumptuous. You are proceeding from an assumption that I am unable to detect such hiss and therefore attempting to undermine my observations. As I stated, please extend me the same courtesy as I have to others not to gainsay my observations when you have not listened to my equipment.

Nov 22, 2015 at 6:02 AM Post #5,614 of 42,765
No it is being presumptuous. You are proceeding from an assumption that I am unable to detect such hiss and therefore attempting to undermine my observations. As I stated, please extend me the same courtesy as I have to others not to gainsay my observations when you have not listened to my equipment.

It's almost not normal for an amp to not hiss.

Nov 22, 2015 at 6:08 AM Post #5,616 of 42,765

It is not an assumption. You have stated that you cannot detect the hiss with exactly the same equipment as other posters who have. By your standards, it is you who is being presumptuous in suggesting it is their equipment that is defective and you do not extend the courtesy that they may be more sensitive to hiss than you.

Nov 22, 2015 at 6:25 AM Post #5,617 of 42,765
Hugo is still better than Mojo no matter what.

After going back and forth between the Mojo with my Hugo, i'm a bit torn.  The mojo is absolutely awesome and i love the size, but the hugo is just slightly better in every aspect that i still find myself going back to that.  The main thing my ears perceive better, is instrument separation in the hugo...which i'm a huge stickler for.  This hobby kills me lol.

That being said if i had to do it all over again, and decide between the 2...i'd definitely buy the mojo.  For the price and performance, it's pretty much a no brainer.  However, i really can't justify keeping both as i really only listen to music at work once or twice a week..so taking my hugo isn't really a big deal.  I'm going to sleep on it tonight, but i'll most likely list my mojo before the weekend is over in the for sale forum.  If there's anyone super interested in getting one leave me a message.

Nov 22, 2015 at 6:27 AM Post #5,618 of 42,765
It is not an assumption. You have stated that you cannot detect the hiss with exactly the same equipment as other posters who have. By your standards, it is you who is being presumptuous in suggesting it is their equipment that is defective and you do not extend the courtesy that they may be more sensitive to hiss than you.

I specifically stated I was not gainsaying others worthy observations. Please allow me to have mine without presuming either observations, mine or others is incorrect. Remember while we are both listening to a Chord Mojo we are most emphatically not listening to the same device. When any product is introduced into the market, there are always some who have problems and others who do not. Are either of them mistaken, probably not since these products are made by faliable humans some may have the problem and other may not. This point has been the sole thrust of my post that others are experiencing artifacts while listening to their Mojos while I have not.

Please allow for the possibility that both myself and others while listening to different Mojos might or might not detect a hiss.

Nov 22, 2015 at 6:34 AM Post #5,620 of 42,765
I have problem playing the DSD256 files which is gifted by Mojo on my Jriver player. This is the error message that popped out:-

"Something went wrong with playback.
Details:
Playback could not be started on the output "xxxx" using tge format '1.4MHz 2ch'.
This output format may not be supported by your hardware. you can use DSP Studio to change the output to a compatible format.
Also, make sure that your system has a valid sound playback device and that it is properly configured in playback options."

xxxx = Kernel Streaming, Asio, Wasabi, Chord 44khz - 768khz Digital Output all will not play the files.

Please kindly help...Thanks!

Nov 22, 2015 at 6:37 AM Post #5,621 of 42,765
I specifically stated I was not gainsaying others worthy observations. Please allow me to have mine without presuming either observations, mine or others is incorrect. Remember while we are both listening to a Chord Mojo we are most emphatically not listening to the same device. When any product is introduced into the market, there are always some who have problems and others who do not. Are either of them mistaken, probably not since these products are made by faliable humans some may have the problem and other may not. This point has been the sole thrust of my post that others are experiencing artifacts while listening to their Mojos while I have not.

Please allow for the possibility that both myself and others while listening to different Mojos might or might not detect a hiss.

Thank you for deleting your abusive opening line.
I am not presuming anyone's observation is incorrect. I fully believe you when you say that you cannot hear hiss, just as I fully believe other posters who say they can. Why can't you accept that there maybe someone, somewhere who is more sensitive to hiss than you?

Nov 22, 2015 at 7:04 AM Post #5,622 of 42,765
I am not presuming anyone's observation is incorrect. I fully believe you when you say that you cannot hear hiss, just as I fully believe other posters who say they can. Why can't you accept that there maybe someone, somewhere who is more sensitive to hiss than you?

I have SE846 on order. All I can say is that I hope I can't hear any hiss either because my ears don't detect it anymore (ie not able to) OR my Mojo doesn't produce enough hiss to be detected.

To be frank as long as I don't hear hiss I don't care about the reason for not doing so. :D

As a little aside, Rob W. has intimated that the Mojo's noise floor is better suited to sensitive IEMs than Hugo and as I have both, I can check this out.

Nov 22, 2015 at 7:05 AM Post #5,623 of 42,765
In the above post where I quoted you, you said you never had a Mojo. ???

Edit: Nvermind, prabably another demo'er.

I'm guessing you're probably not aware of this but shigzeo is probably among the more prolific reviewers here, he run's his own site, ohm-image and is a reviewer on Headfonia. So he probably got his hands on a mojo either for a quick demo as a sample, or he had to do a photo shoot for it :)

Nov 22, 2015 at 7:08 AM Post #5,624 of 42,765

AGAIN, I have not disagreed with any other poster. I most assuredly understand others maybe more sensitive to artifacts than I. Just as you must agree that all Mojos are not equal and allow for the possibility that mine does not produce an audible hiss, unless of course you are omniscient

Nov 22, 2015 at 7:11 AM Post #5,625 of 42,765
I'm guessing you're probably not aware of this but shigzeo is probably among the more prolific reviewers here, he run's his own site, ohm-image and is a reviewer on Headfonia. So he probably got his hands on a mojo either for a quick demo as a sample, or he had to do a photo shoot for it :)

Oh really! Well, in that case, he still is another demo'er. But I do appreciate your support. Thank you,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back