Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Nov 21, 2015 at 5:16 PM Post #5,551 of 42,765
Mine arrived this morning. Thanks to Moon Audio forgetting it here for the weekend. Like everyone else said "it's tiny". Very, solid feel. Charging now. Waiting to try it out with iPad Mini/Tidal/HD600s tonight. Also want to try in the speaker set-up DAC only.

Nov 21, 2015 at 6:13 PM Post #5,552 of 42,765
Got my replacement unit today - still have 5 and a half hours to go.

My issue was a background hum - not hiss - when hooked up to any of my AK players through the optical connection. The hum also was there when the unit wasn't attached to any input device - I was told that it should be silent in all operations - it was weird, got the hum through optical, but inserted USB and it disappeared - pull out the USB too quickly and the hum returned - pull out after 30 seconds or more and the hum was gone....

Haven't tested the new one, but was told that a couple had this problem.... So if you get a hum on your IEMs with nothing attached (no USB, Optical or Coax - you may have a problem unit. 

5 hours, 25 minutes

Nov 21, 2015 at 6:27 PM Post #5,553 of 42,765
After going back and forth between the Mojo with my Hugo, i'm a bit torn.  The mojo is absolutely awesome and i love the size, but the hugo is just slightly better in every aspect that i still find myself going back to that.  The main thing my ears perceive better, is instrument separation in the hugo...which i'm a huge stickler for.  This hobby kills me lol.

That being said if i had to do it all over again, and decide between the 2...i'd definitely buy the mojo.  For the price and performance, it's pretty much a no brainer.  However, i really can't justify keeping both as i really only listen to music at work once or twice a week..so taking my hugo isn't really a big deal.  I'm going to sleep on it tonight, but i'll most likely list my mojo before the weekend is over in the for sale forum.  If there's anyone super interested in getting one leave me a message.

Nov 21, 2015 at 6:39 PM Post #5,555 of 42,765
 I start playback on foobar, but it never starts on time, and I lose like .2 secs of the beginning of the track. Any way to fix this? I'm using Chord ASIO

i have the same issue/quirk anyone else experience this or have anyway to correct the timing?

Came up previously in Forum and no issues using JRiver. They didn't find a solution with Foobar.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Nov 21, 2015 at 6:50 PM Post #5,556 of 42,765
it seems when i uses digital output in foobar 2000 the timing is correct but when i use wasapi and push or even it givens that little pause at the start of everytrack

Nov 21, 2015 at 6:58 PM Post #5,557 of 42,765
The same for me. Only hiss on my iems. Not full size headphones. And its ok, not a big problen. Mojo is a wonderful device. And im glad i bought it
smily_headphones1.gif

the comment "Mojo is wonderful" with "hiss on my items" confuses me.  Typically when I purchase a portable device I would expect to use it with IEM, and hiss wouldn't be acceptable.  If I heard hiss I would complain about the noise floor being to high.  I guess we have different performance standards. Thankfully (for me), not hiss with my IEM.

--mark

Nov 21, 2015 at 7:05 PM Post #5,558 of 42,765
The unit I had only showed hiss with the JH Angie and could be heard with no input connected or coaxial input connected. Plugging in USB or optical made the hiss go away. My full sized cans didn't hiss. The unit was returned to Chord and fixed. I know the SE846 is more sensitive but there shouldn't really be any hiss.

Nov 21, 2015 at 7:12 PM Post #5,559 of 42,765
The unit I had only showed hiss with the JH Angie and could be heard with no input connected or coaxial input connected. Plugging in USB or optical made the hiss go away. My full sized cans didn't hiss. The unit was returned to Chord and fixed. I know the SE846 is more sensitive but there shouldn't really be any hiss.

+1

There should be zero hiss on this unit - I also believe that my unit that had the hiss, probably exhibited some other sound anomalies due to the flaw. They could be so subtle as not to be immediately noticed, but ultimately the sound would not be representative of the top drawer sound this unit was designed to reproduce...

Nov 21, 2015 at 7:16 PM Post #5,560 of 42,765

+1

There should be zero hiss on this unit - I also believe that my unit that had the hiss, probably exhibited some other sound anomalies due to the flaw. They could be so subtle as not to be immediately noticed, but ultimately the sound would not be representative of the top drawer sound this unit was designed to reproduce...

The unit I borrowed hissed. Lots of 'top shelf' audio products hiss. 

Nov 21, 2015 at 7:25 PM Post #5,561 of 42,765

The unit I borrowed hissed. Lots of 'top shelf' audio products hiss. 

You see on top of the shelf - it's out in the open - in the top drawer, it can be closed and sealed off from the hiss 
biggrin.gif

Seriously - the hiss I was pointing out on my unit was pretty evident - not the slight hiss that many units have - it was clearly out of place.

Nov 21, 2015 at 7:36 PM Post #5,563 of 42,765
How is the Mojo and iPhone 6 Plus combination compared to AK240?

The AK240 is great but it's not up there compared to Mojo.

Nov 21, 2015 at 7:44 PM Post #5,564 of 42,765
Nov 21, 2015 at 7:53 PM Post #5,565 of 42,765
  How is the Mojo and iPhone 6 Plus combination compared to AK240?

I don't have data on the AK240, but I do for the AK380. The AK380 is, from previous efforts, a better performer. And it is totally surpassed by the Mojo. 

RMAA: AK380
RMAA: Mojo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back