Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Nov 21, 2015 at 7:39 AM Post #5,507 of 42,759
Without giving away my entire serial,it's M0213XX,so my guess would be from the second batch, no buzzing but tight stiff balls that doesn't roll (I'm not trying to be funny here it just so happens the buttons are in the shape of balls and one would reasonably expect a primary feature of a ball shape object to be rolling, I'm just describing things as they are).

If higher serial means newer batch then it makes no sense, mine has the buzzing noise while charging and loose balls that easily roll. Will be testing a few chargers and cables and report back.

Nov 21, 2015 at 7:45 AM Post #5,508 of 42,759
What USB cable are you using? The only time I had anything that could be considered as an issue was when I tried charging with a cable I got from a pound (dollar) store... Wouldn't charge properly (slow, flashing indicating not receiving enough power), bought some Anker cables and haven't looked back.

Nov 21, 2015 at 7:51 AM Post #5,509 of 42,759
What USB cable are you using? The only time I had anything that could be considered as an issue was when I tried charging with a cable I got from a pound (dollar) store... Wouldn't charge properly (slow, flashing indicating not receiving enough power), bought some Anker cables and haven't looked back.

Same experience here. Swapped a thicker USB cable and it stopped.

Nov 21, 2015 at 8:02 AM Post #5,511 of 42,759
Compared to what? Guessing you've had a very smooth setup up to now...

Being an honourary member of team treble head, I actually find it I tiny bit muted at the top end, which is the primary reason for me slapping an amp on its back.

Slightly muted and slight treble harshness . Of course I use some tube amps from Rogue . In no way is this better than my 2qute.

Interesting, 2 opposite impressions. While Mojo is the common element of the impressions here take note you are using a different set of headphones, music and personal biases/preferences. Mojo most likely does not make your music muted nor harsh in the treble. It's the combination of the headphone pairing and the music being played.

I just spent my afternoon trying 3 headphones with Mojo as the source (SR-007A, SR009 and Ethrer). SR-007A is for me is too smooth up top which gives me the impression of mid bass emphasis. I read a lot of head-fier easily get fatigued by bright headphones. But for me a smooth headphone like how I perceive SR-007A makes me fall asleep as I lose the enthusiasm while listening. Mind you I was playing loud music (AC/DC) but it just brings me to sleep. As soon as I changed to SR-009, I immediately felt like drinking a cup of strong coffee.

Then there's the Ether, Not so smooth yet not overly bright with Mojo. However, there is an impression of a thinner overall sound when I compared it to my T51p.

Nov 21, 2015 at 8:06 AM Post #5,512 of 42,759
Been using quality cables, I just tried three chargers, HTC m8 1a, Sony Z1 compact 1.5a and Amazon basics 2.1a with a moto G cable, also swapped the cables around and got some buzz with all of them, worse with the Sony, less with the Amazon basics. I guess the charger / cable does play a part, but I think the mojo is the root of it.

Nov 21, 2015 at 8:07 AM Post #5,513 of 42,759
Very true, and maybe I should add that I'm talking about a very small deviation, almost certainly skewed by driving 24 drivers at the same time in my case, but I'm stuck in a rut that I can only listen to the Layla now :frowning2:

Nov 21, 2015 at 8:16 AM Post #5,515 of 42,759
I wasn't trying to be funny, blame chord for putting balls on this, same with schiit, everybody struggles trying not to sound funny or smart

schiit isn't that funny since they try to be funny with it, but mojo with some loose balls sound hilarious to me. Truth of the story is, the balls were actually put in place because John Frank's saw some pebbles on a beach and thought it would be nice. I don't know which one is worse, loose balls or pretty pebbles, but regardless it seems as though chord does need to check that the balls are put in place tightly together on their next production.

(I'm just kidding John) :D

Nov 21, 2015 at 9:55 AM Post #5,517 of 42,759
I think the Mojo has more headroom than 5V maximum mentioned here several pages ago. I took out my DMM and played a 0dBFS 50Hz Sine Wave through the Mojo and I can get around 7V at 600Ohm load and above. 6.3V at 300 Ohms and a little below 5V at 33Ohms. The Line Out measures near the expected 3V. 

Just amazing how much juice this little device packs.

Nov 21, 2015 at 9:58 AM Post #5,518 of 42,759
Without giving away my entire serial,it's M0213XX,so my guess would be from the second batch, no buzzing but tight stiff balls that doesn't roll (I'm not trying to be funny here it just so happens the buttons are in the shape of balls and one would reasonably expect a primary feature of a ball shape object to be rolling, I'm just describing things as they are).

LMAO. Jesus, I gotta get away from this thread for a little bit.

Nov 21, 2015 at 10:27 AM Post #5,520 of 42,759
  Mine is MO222XX nice loose balls and no charging issues.

I use this to charge and have zero noise from my Mojo while charging:-

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Belkin-Dual-iPod-Mini-Adapter/dp/B004PUXSRI/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1448116679&sr=8-4&keywords=belkin+usb+charger

Maybe loosen the screws a little and see if that frees your balls...

Did you buy the 1A or higher? Please, if you bought 1A is it enough to play and slowly charge?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back