Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Nov 21, 2015 at 1:19 AM Post #5,491 of 42,760
Nov 21, 2015 at 3:38 AM Post #5,493 of 42,760
Welp. May not be the Mojo (which is a relief).  Plugging it into the computer gives no buzzing.

So.

Is anyone else using a Note 4 as source?  Any buzzing?

Who else is using the eBay-recommended OTG cable?  Any buzzing?

I greatly hope it's the cable, as it's the cheapest and easiest to replace... but I hope I can stick with a $5 cable and not have to jump to a 10x (or more) expensive cable from Moon or other vendors.
Hi, I get occasional interference noises when my S6 edge is near my mojo whether it's the source or not and that doesn't change with different cables

Nov 21, 2015 at 4:26 AM Post #5,494 of 42,760
Hi, I get occasional interference noises when my S6 edge is near my mojo whether it's the source or not and that doesn't change with different cables

I also get interference when it is near my S6 Edge. Apparently putting it into airplane mode helps.

Does anybody know of a portable android storage device with USB OTG but no wireless functionality?

Nov 21, 2015 at 4:56 AM Post #5,496 of 42,760
the sony zx2 and zx2? I realise that it's radio interference but putting it in flight mode makes it a pretty useless phone
wink.gif

Unfortunately ZX2 has a weird connector,

Nov 21, 2015 at 5:11 AM Post #5,498 of 42,760
Sold my Mojo as iBasso DX100 had a bit better tone with 1964 Ears Adel A12 CIEM I usually use.
I think Mojo didn't got enough synergy with it to show its full potential.
I enjoyed Mojo with Denon AH-D5000 but it was not really useful for the portable rig I was looking for.

Nov 21, 2015 at 5:28 AM Post #5,499 of 42,760
I like the Mojo but upon initial use it does have some treble harshness in the high frequencies .
Hopefully that will settle down as I've only used it a few hours .
I'm using the stock cord ,cck, iPhone 6 Plus

Nov 21, 2015 at 5:30 AM Post #5,500 of 42,760
None of those solutions work. I will wait for other people with the same issue to respond. I spoke with another Mojo owner and he reported the same issue.

I use a MBP retina late 2013 with El Capitan.

During playing streaming music or music via J River MC 20, I could hear sometimes some clicks and pops. For my case, it is produced by Safari. Safari closed, there is no problem. If Safari is running, I could have this problem. To me, it is not related to the Mojo. I'm wondering if it is related to the electric supply of the MBP when pop-up windows for advertising purpose are active.

Nov 21, 2015 at 5:40 AM Post #5,501 of 42,760
Thanks for the info @prismstorm

Would you share the start of the serial of your mojo?

FWIW mine has the buzz while charging and serial starts with M023

What is the serial number of your unit?

Without giving away my entire serial,it's M0213XX,so my guess would be from the second batch, no buzzing but tight stiff balls that doesn't roll (I'm not trying to be funny here it just so happens the buttons are in the shape of balls and one would reasonably expect a primary feature of a ball shape object to be rolling, I'm just describing things as they are).

Nov 21, 2015 at 5:46 AM Post #5,502 of 42,760
Received my Mojo last saturday, I liked what I heard but after a week I came to the decision it's not the best match for my Hidition NT6. The sibilance is a tad to much. The NT6's are quite bright, after a week of receiving these somewhere in January I bought the Whiplash Hybrid V3 to tame done treble, this was an overall improvement. (Note: not every NT6 owner had problems with the stock cable, so it might be that I'm more sensitive for this problem.) Yet with the Mojo it's fatiguing to listen to for long times. I must add, I really don't think this has to do with the Mojo. I connected the Mojo to my home rig, which is warm from neutral compared to my CIEM's and the sound was spectacular for such a small package, I had the impressions it came near my Minimax Dac Plus (with Dexa SE op-amps). Just did a quick test with my dad Senn HD-25, and it sounds great, probably the best I heard the HD-25. And then switching to my NT6's everything betters technically, but after a while the doubt rises. I think another aspect is that both components are rather good with retreiving detail, to the point of to much details. 

I think it's clear that I'm not blaming either device, just the synergy. And I think that everyone considering the Mojo owes themselves to try and listen. I think that for the majority of phones it's a great match. I will try the X7 next.

Nov 21, 2015 at 6:20 AM Post #5,503 of 42,760
I like the Mojo but upon initial use it does have some treble harshness in the high frequencies .
Hopefully that will settle down as I've only used it a few hours .
I'm using the stock cord ,cck, iPhone 6 Plus
Compared to what? Guessing you've had a very smooth setup up to now...

Being an honourary member of team treble head, I actually find it I tiny bit muted at the top end, which is the primary reason for me slapping an amp on its back.

Nov 21, 2015 at 6:23 AM Post #5,504 of 42,760
Compared to what? Guessing you've had a very smooth setup up to now...

Being an honourary member of team treble head, I actually find it I tiny bit muted at the top end, which is the primary reason for me slapping an amp on its back.

Slightly muted and slight treble harshness . Of course I use some tube amps from Rogue . In no way is this better than my 2qute.

Nov 21, 2015 at 6:28 AM Post #5,505 of 42,760
Slightly muted and slight treble harshness . Of course I use some tube amps from Rogue . In no way is this better than my 2qute.
But pretty admirable for a battery powered device at less than half the cost that is "go anywhere" :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back