Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Nov 3, 2015 at 10:55 PM Post #3,722 of 42,765
I actually ordered a male to male as per my earlier post; apologies, but I hadn't spotted that the one that was originally posted was the wrong gender as this one looked more robust. Amazon's pictures and descriptions of these isn't always clear. I should have this tomorrow so I'll try and remember to confirm if it's ok.

Startech USB A to Micro USB B Cable Adapter - Male to Male

[COLOR=FF4400]http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001K9BEJ6?keywords=usb%20a%20male%20micro%20usb%20male%20adapter&qid=1446319703&ref_=sr_1_28&sr=8-28[/COLOR]

31jhBE8YJuL._SX466_.jpg
We at chord looked at those adaptors but decided they were very likely to potentially put a lot of sheer force right into the most fragile part of to USB Connectors in our unit. tthis is why we made our adaptor substantially larger to accommodate tour points of connection into Mojo and a cupped end to ensure damaging forces are less likely to be transferred into any single USB socket. The tooling for this part is very nearly finished so it should be available soon,

Nov 3, 2015 at 11:03 PM Post #3,723 of 42,765
Input welcomed please. My Ether C order is on the way, but want to upgrade my portable rig.  I've both the Sony ZX2 and AK120 II.  Currently I've got the ZX2 rigged with ALO MK3-B balanced to Headphone.  I'm considering getting either the Sony PHA-3 or Cord Mojo and wondering which will give better bass slam/impact to the Ether-C?  

Nov 3, 2015 at 11:10 PM Post #3,725 of 42,765
We at chord looked at those adaptors but decided they were very likely to potentially put a lot of sheer force right into the most fragile part of to USB Connectors in our unit. tthis is why we made our adaptor substantially larger to accommodate tour points of connection into Mojo and a cupped end to ensure damaging forces are less likely to be transferred into any single USB socket. The tooling for this part is very nearly finished so it should be available soon,

John, thanks for the heads up. If I use it at all now I'll be careful with it.

Nov 3, 2015 at 11:12 PM Post #3,726 of 42,765
  Input welcomed please. My Ether C order is on the way, but want to upgrade my portable rig.  I've both the Sony ZX2 and AK120 II.  Currently I've got the ZX2 rigged with ALO MK3-B balanced to Headphone.  I'm considering getting either the Sony PHA-3 or Cord Mojo and wondering which will give better bass slam/impact to the Ether-C?  

I think you'll find with so few Ether C in the wild that nobody is going to be able to give you real feedback on it's pairing with different DAC/amp units. My C sounds good with my Mojo, but I can't comment on the PHA-3.

Nov 4, 2015 at 12:40 AM Post #3,729 of 42,765
Well, that is always true for all audio gear. The louder one always tend to sound the better. You can hear whisper quiet background sound better at louder volume which gives the impression that it sounded better. 

That's why most impressions/comparisons between gears are flawed because not a lot of people do volume-matched comparisons. 
with clayx m and Hugo I don't have the same experience.

Nov 4, 2015 at 1:00 AM Post #3,730 of 42,765
Got my old android z1 compact phone to play nice.

Nice compact player

Nov 4, 2015 at 2:13 AM Post #3,734 of 42,765
I have just managed to catch up reading all the posts. Personally, I have no DAP, I use mobile phones with the Mojo. And I test and use tons. Currently, Sony Z5 Compact, Huawei G8, iPhone 6S Plus (main phone) and some other phones under NDA.

There is a lot of comments about RF interference. I get none using any of the phones. Why? I don't stack em. I even sit on the sofa say with my iPhone 6S Plus browsing, reading emails, Facebook, instagram whilst listening to the Mojo.

I don't spend millions are the shortest cable possible either. Gives me flexibility on where and how I use my phone.

I understand this may not be what everyone wants to do ie not stack etc.. I do have the devices side by side and that works btw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back