Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Oct 23, 2015 at 2:28 PM Post #1,786 of 42,765
Guys,I need advice.
My Mojo has been charging for like 5 hours(off) but light is still on and unit is dangerously hot.
I also thought my battery has been depleting too fast,but might have been coz I haven't charged it properly

Oct 23, 2015 at 2:34 PM Post #1,788 of 42,765
Oops, missed that. In that case you're screwed unless your phone will bypass that, which as far as I know only some Sony phones can do.

I'll include the Walkman's as well, anyhow I digress... looking forward to tomorrows 'bloodbath'?...
tongue_smile.gif

love the new arrowhead Haka... very Romanesque. 

Oct 23, 2015 at 2:41 PM Post #1,790 of 42,765
Oops, missed that. In that case you're screwed unless your phone will bypass that, which as far as I know only some Sony phones can do.

You could change to Google Music and use UAPP via BubbleUPnP as an option.

Also, nice attitude toward someone trying to help.

Sorry about that just got home from work and was still in rage mode 
confused_face.gif

Oct 23, 2015 at 2:48 PM Post #1,792 of 42,765
Hi Guys, So heres my mini review on the Mojo on different DAPs, I believe many have gave their impressions on this device and i wont go into that. I am in no means technically inclined to use the sonic terms but i will use my own description to decribe what i hear so do not flame me ya! Haha.

The following are pairs with the Mojo with its respective interconnects:

1) Questyle (Optical): It literally sucked the life out of the Mojo, The only way I can describe in words is the cold grip of death slowly consuming what life the music has. It made the music sound cold and dead.

2) AK120 1st Gen (Optical): The resolution is clear, musical. Amazing pairing with the Mojo. The twinkles were less prominent to the AK100II that I will be describing below. It sounded somewhat less full or colored? I would say.

3) AK100II (Optical): The resolution is even clearer than the AK120(above)  to a certain extent that it felt artificial and it sounded a little more colored that the AK120 with alittle more THUMP to the bass impact.

4) iBasso DX50 (Coaxial): Pairing cables i used for this was a DIY short 75ohm Belden cable, Resolution is definitely better that the Questyle but i feel it was lacking a little to the AK120, which resulted to me  sounded more natural(?) bass impact was stronger. And it made the Mojo sound more Full and solid compared to optical.

Upcoming DAPs: DX90, Esther M1, AK120II, AK240, AK380, Cayin N6, Cayin N5, 

Thanks for viewing.

Disclaimer: Its just my opinion!

Oct 23, 2015 at 3:01 PM Post #1,794 of 42,765
Guys,I need advice.
My Mojo has been charging for like 5 hours(off) but light is still on and unit is dangerously hot.
I also thought my battery has been depleting too fast,but might have been coz I haven't charged it properly
I don't want to say this, as it all seems a bit hocus pocus (even to me, as I'm saying it!) but, what USB cable are you using? - the one that is supplied? - I plugged my mojo in with a [equivalent of] dollar store USB cable, and the mojo kept stopping / starting charging, swapped to the cable that came supplied, and all was right as rain...

Really didn't believe in USB cable quality, but - it does make a difference!

(not saying that is what your issue is, but - bumping your post, and sharing my own experience - incase it helps)

Oct 23, 2015 at 3:04 PM Post #1,796 of 42,765
Quote:
Guys,I need advice.

I don't want to say this, as it all seems a bit hocus pocus (even to me, as I'm saying it!) but, what USB cable are you using? - the one that is supplied? - I plugged my mojo in with a [equivalent of] dollar store USB cable, and the mojo kept stopping / starting charging, swapped to the cable that came supplied, and all was right as rain...

Really didn't believe in USB cable quality, but - it does make a difference!

(not saying that is what your issue is, but - bumping your post, and sharing my own experience - incase it helps)

Also, what charger are you using?

Oct 23, 2015 at 3:16 PM Post #1,797 of 42,765
Anyone ever tried using a 128gb micro SD in an AK100?

Was going to ask on the AK100 thread but there's been no action there for over a month.

Thanks!

128 and 200 both work fine.

Oct 23, 2015 at 3:41 PM Post #1,798 of 42,765
Guys,I need advice.

Mine took nearly 5 hours the other day and it got pretty warm. I was using my Samsung S5 charger which is 2 amp. It'll be fine.

Oct 23, 2015 at 3:44 PM Post #1,799 of 42,765
Oct 23, 2015 at 3:49 PM Post #1,800 of 42,765
Thanks for the response. I don't suppose you know if it is possible to change it globally (so it works with Spotify)? I am always a bit suspicious of upscaleing as it is basically adding best guess and I can't help but think that Google probably didn't optimise it for audiophiles that we'll.

Sorry no I don't think you can turn it off, I think any app that doesn't use it's own USB audio output protocol like UAPP, Onkyo HF or Hiby gets up-sampled automatically by the stock android USB audio out.
If you are running stock CyanOS like me make sure AudioFX is turned off also, this can effect the sound output.

I'll do some digging around to see if I can find a better explanation for you.

* edit *
Have a read through this thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/595071/android-phones-and-usb-dacs somewhere in there are some great explanations and information on Android USB audio. Hope that helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back