Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Oct 19, 2015 at 5:19 AM Post #1,036 of 42,759
Zx2 will act as the transport right? Have you considered something with a smaller foot print like an android phone. It will be only a transport right? Zx2 + Mojo will be quite thick. compared to those midrange android phones with massive batteries  + OTG to Mojo. Thats my eventual plan haha. Even though I just bough an X7. I am caught in the mojo hype train me wants it!

My V10 will be here in a couples day. It will be something I want to pair with Mojo and see as well :D

This was the cable that I ordered to get my ZX2 ready as a transport toward USB amps

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FF086HE?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

I will probably open it up and replace the cables itself with braided "solid-silver". If I really decide that ZX2 would pair well with Mojo and actually improve on the "Sound signature" foot prints.

The problems that I have now = 2 questions in mind

1/ Zx2 is an excellent DAP in its own right, and it can only drive IEMS and a few easy to drive Headphones. Easy to drive headphones is only very limited number

2/ I will also be pairing Mojo with my up-coming V10 LG , a phone with ESS DAC and proper ESS amp. I will be comparing between the options 1 and option 2, and VS the ZX2 alone.

I actually, and ultimately "want" portability. I am not a fan of stacking, or anything that is too complicated to carry around, and end up loosing it. Once it is here to me, I will make sure to lay out every bits of information and things that I know for you all :D

The reason why I want portability ? Well, because I love all my music too much, and i can not be without it for too long. I listen to it everywhere as permitted. Be that in the car, work, office, home :rolleyes: you call it.

Oct 19, 2015 at 5:31 AM Post #1,037 of 42,759
This was the cable that I ordered to get my ZX2 ready as a transport toward USB amps

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FF086HE?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

I will probably open it up and replace the cables itself with braided "solid-silver". If I really decide that ZX2 would pair well with Mojo and actually improve on the "Sound signature" foot prints.

The problems that I have now = 2 questions in mind

1/ Zx2 is an excellent DAP in its own right, and it can only drive IEMS and a few easy to drive Headphones. Easy to drive headphones is only very limited number

2/ I will also be pairing Mojo with my up-coming V10 LG , a phone with ESS DAC and proper ESS amp. I will be comparing between the options 1 and option 2, and VS the ZX2 alone.

I actually, and ultimately "want" portability. I am not a fan of stacking, or anything that is too complicated to carry around, and end up loosing it. Once it is here to me, I will make sure to lay out every bits of information and things that I know for you all :D

The mids are the biggest difference and really a preference thing. But the two instant impression of the mojo to zx2 is zx2 is laid back while mojo is has more energy and speed. It also has a bass that slams harder and faster. The zx2 also has a smoother sound while the mojo is more define which if on pure vocal tracks, I'll take the zx2. But if portable is the ultimate goal, just the zx2 will probably work out. Not much lost in my opinion and if nothing else it's all about preference.

Oct 19, 2015 at 5:32 AM Post #1,038 of 42,759
There is no doubt in my mind that the Mojo is an exceptional product at its price.  I'm running the LCDX out of it at the moment - sounds great, loud enough on red so plenty of headroom.  

I want to say the Hugo is better, but if it is it is fairly marginal, and if I was buying now, I would go straight to Mojo and save up for the Hugo TT.  An interesting business move by Chord.  But bear in mind my impressions tend to take time to settle.

Certainly the Mojo is pocketable in a way Hugo is not.

Oct 19, 2015 at 5:34 AM Post #1,039 of 42,759
I will rate the 2qute dac infront of Hugo and Mojo when using usb in. But at way lesser then half price of either, the decision is simple enough I didn't had to ponder too much :D

Oct 19, 2015 at 5:37 AM Post #1,040 of 42,759
The more I read about Mojo the more excited I get. The reports I read ( i might link later) suggest that there is the performance difference between Mojo and HUGO is no minimual that it is non-existence. Mojo is just tuned differently. Now the natural question is why Mojo cost less? Well there is less part, cheaper case and more importantly Chord is aiming to sale alot of Mojo, that is how they are hoping to make their profit. 

Oct 19, 2015 at 5:40 AM Post #1,042 of 42,759
The mids are the biggest difference and really a preference thing. But the two instant impression of the mojo to zx2 is zx2 is laid back while mojo is has more energy and speed. It also has a bass that slams harder and faster. The zx2 also has a smoother sound while the mojo is more define which if on pure vocal tracks, I'll take the zx2. But if portable is the ultimate goal, just the zx2 will probably work out. Not much lost in my opinion and if nothing else it's all about preference.

Thank you, and we will see. :D When I have the chance to test it out, I will make sure to answer my many questions as much as others :D

Oct 19, 2015 at 5:46 AM Post #1,043 of 42,759
Oct 19, 2015 at 5:51 AM Post #1,044 of 42,759
  Certainly the Mojo is pocketable in a way Hugo is not.

the Hugo may not be jeans pocketable but it's certainly coat-pocketable, it's how I roll... trust me I'm a Vet (changed disciplines since last week, being a Doctor didn't quite work out)..
wink_face.gif

Oct 19, 2015 at 5:53 AM Post #1,045 of 42,759
Maybe the MOJO cost less because there is no galvanic isolation. Have you read information about this?

Oct 19, 2015 at 6:01 AM Post #1,047 of 42,759
I will rate the 2qute dac infront of Hugo and Mojo when using usb in. But at way lesser then half price of either, the decision is simple enough I didn't had to ponder too much
biggrin.gif

the thing is they're three different products aimed at different markets & usages... perhaps you should throw the TT & Dave into the mix.

Mojo has been designed for phones in the first instance... anything else is a bonus, my personal take, hth...
normal_smile .gif

Oct 19, 2015 at 6:02 AM Post #1,048 of 42,759
And Howmuch with the optical and coax inputs?

Oct 19, 2015 at 6:09 AM Post #1,049 of 42,759

Users who are viewing this thread

Back