Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Oct 15, 2015 at 7:34 AM Post #287 of 42,759
What is a tap? Is it an abbreviation for something, which I can go research myself?

Oct 15, 2015 at 7:53 AM Post #289 of 42,759
I think there are 2 ways both from WM port in Zx2

1/ USB for digital connection
2/ WM pure line-out for pure analog.....uhm...except that Mojo has no analog in...so there is only 1 option.

so it connects with zx2 through a typical usb ?

Oct 15, 2015 at 7:56 AM Post #290 of 42,759
Brimar has not yet tested with Chord Mojo. I was just chatting with them the last hour or so.

Oct 15, 2015 at 8:11 AM Post #292 of 42,759
I believe the Sony cable should be sufficient, I know it's big but one can always wrap it around the players.

you mean the stock USB/LOcable that comes with the zx2 and which is used for charging the device ?

Oct 15, 2015 at 8:26 AM Post #294 of 42,759
  What is a tap? Is it an abbreviation for something, which I can go research myself?

It's an element of the type of filter used for reconstructing the waveform from the digital samples.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finite_impulse_response is a good starting point.

Oct 15, 2015 at 8:31 AM Post #295 of 42,759
wmc-nwh10

Support Walkman ZX100 To Chord Mojo ?

===================

Features

1. Exclusive Walkman® conversion cable for Hi-Res Audio digital output *While connecting the Walkman® with other audio devices, the Walkman® unit is not charged
  2. Hi-Res Audio output with Walkman® digital connection to other audio devices: UDA-1, SRS-X9, MAP-S1 (as of April 19, 2014)
  3. Aluminum tape shield reduces the influence of the exterior noise and signal interference
  4. Silver plating processing allows transmission of high-speed digital signal faithfully to deliver high-quality sound

Oct 15, 2015 at 8:34 AM Post #296 of 42,759
  I'm reading these posts with mixed emotions - pleased to read all the positive posts, and I do want a mojo, but only bought my Hugo a month ago.  From experience with Hugo and Hugo TT, what kind of run-in changes can we expect from the Mojo?  The comments so far are based on equipment that has only been running for up tot 20 hours.

You will find the Mojo quite a bit better (musically) than the Hugo.  Warmer, less clinical and better bottom end, and if the first 24 hours are anything to go by it will get better.  I'm hoping that Chord will provide an upgrade for my Hugo, should only be a PCB swap?

Oct 15, 2015 at 8:45 AM Post #298 of 42,759
Skipping a couple of pages (understandably busy thread!) for those enquiring about the volume control, it is split in two halves, ranging from brown to white on the LEFT button only for 0-50% and then brown to white on BOTH buttons for 51-100%...

Hope this helps

Oct 15, 2015 at 8:50 AM Post #299 of 42,759
wmc-nwh10

Support Walkman ZX100 To Chord Mojo ?

===================

Features

1. Exclusive Walkman® conversion cable for Hi-Res Audio digital output *While connecting the Walkman® with other audio devices, the Walkman® unit is not charged
  2. Hi-Res Audio output with Walkman® digital connection to other audio devices: UDA-1, SRS-X9, MAP-S1 (as of April 19, 2014)
  3. Aluminum tape shield reduces the influence of the exterior noise and signal interference
  4. Silver plating processing allows transmission of high-speed digital signal faithfully to deliver high-quality sound

Correct, that's the one :) battery life on the Walkman takes a massive hit though :frowning2:

Oct 15, 2015 at 8:50 AM Post #300 of 42,759
Why oh why don't they include a Micro to Micro USB OTG cable in the box, that is an oversight that should be addressed. Its tricky enough to get hold of super short otg's (Hats off to ibasso who's Mini to Micro cable in the D Zero Mk2 is fantastic) without the manufacturers brandishing compatibility with android and then leaving these basics out the box. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back