Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Oct 15, 2015 at 4:04 AM Post #241 of 42,765
Sony ZX1  ZX2  ZX100 it's Support Chord Mojo With FiiO L5 [ Dock To Mini Cable ] ?
No, as that is an analogue (line out) cable, not a digital one, NO DAC will work with that cable

Oct 15, 2015 at 4:12 AM Post #243 of 42,765
No attenuator as it would upset transparency.

I just reduced the noise - it is 125 dB dynamic range now. That said "just reduced the noise" was not easy, it's one reason Mojo took so long to develop.

Rob

Hi @Rob Watts !

Usually one of the first thing you wright about your new DAC products are the amount of taps , but this time it is a secret to my understandings, or can you share the tap spec with us would be very intresting.

Best regards

Fredrik

Oct 15, 2015 at 4:17 AM Post #244 of 42,765
^ So we need to use the OTG cable for walkman in order to access the DAC of the mojo?
As it is Sony it is a very specific cable, only available in Japan, forget the model number right now, but it is mentioned frequently in the ZX2 thread.

Oct 15, 2015 at 4:22 AM Post #246 of 42,765
Very happy with my Centrance Hifi-M8, then this happens. The majority of my audio gear are IEMs, plus 2 cans (HE-400i and LCD-X incoming). If the Mojo can power these two cans I'm all in. The size is phenomenal!

Oct 15, 2015 at 4:25 AM Post #247 of 42,765
Hi @Rob Watts congratulations on another coup.  

Can you shed some light on the thinking in the Hugo range - in terms of cost versus performance.  From £400 to £ 2999 how do you see the SQ differing at the various levels?  Should Hugo owners be feeling a bit miffed about now 
wink.gif
 ?

Oct 15, 2015 at 4:29 AM Post #249 of 42,765
Some more pictures of the MOJO.

The MOJO is roughly the same size as the original AK100 and approximately 60% the size of the ZX2.  This little thing sound seriously good for the price & size.  Hope to provide more impressions once I run it in for a few more days.

Oct 15, 2015 at 4:32 AM Post #251 of 42,765
mmm......in the Alo Audio CDM thread, some Sony ZX2 owners (3 of us now at least) have solved the ZX2 problem with the Brimar Audio ZX2 LOD to CDM micro USB cable to access both the amp and dac sections of the CDM (with the Sony ZX2 as pure transport). I believe the cable may work with the Mojo and ZX2 (as transport) if that is what you want. I'm guessing. Need to confirm with Brimar Audio first before trying. If not, I don't see why Brimar (or others) can't fashion a similar custom cable.

Oct 15, 2015 at 4:35 AM Post #252 of 42,765
  Which is better, the DAC of zx2 or the DAC of mojo? I might use my zx2 as transport and use the mojo for its DAC/amp features.

Can anyone compare it with the CL Theorem 720 and Sony PHA-3? TIA

Please give me couple of days and I should be able to post some more impressions given that I have both the ZX2 & PHA3.  BTW, the ZX2 doesn't have a DAC.  Are we talking about headphone out vs. headphone out between the two players?

Oct 15, 2015 at 4:46 AM Post #253 of 42,765
It's incredible how the MoJo can produce a great sound from such a small (tiny really) device.

MoJo box next to the iPhone 5s box

Oct 15, 2015 at 4:48 AM Post #254 of 42,765
  If anyone reading this thread is wondering if it's just hype...

I totally understand.

But... it's not.

The Mojo gets incredibly close to the Hugo, in spite of the drastic reduction in size and price - incredibly close.

But not quite eh?

Oct 15, 2015 at 4:53 AM Post #255 of 42,765
I'm reading these posts with mixed emotions - pleased to read all the positive posts, and I do want a mojo, but only bought my Hugo a month ago.  From experience with Hugo and Hugo TT, what kind of run-in changes can we expect from the Mojo?  The comments so far are based on equipment that has only been running for up tot 20 hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back