Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Oct 15, 2015 at 1:44 AM Post #211 of 42,759
Chord Hugo TT is first class. Chord Hugo is business class. Chord Mojo is premium economy. I've given up the Chord Hugo and upgraded to the TT but I wouldn't mind having a Chord Mojo for my iems.
That is a much better analogy than mine (town car vs Grand tourer) :)

For IEM users this is an absolute boon, like having an amp with an IEM card inside :)

Oct 15, 2015 at 1:51 AM Post #213 of 42,759
Iam planning to use my ZX1 with Mojo, any good ?
As long as you've got the relevant digital cable that you'd use with other DACs then you're all set (on the logical assumption that the WM-Port is configured the same on the ZX1 as it is the ZX2)

Oct 15, 2015 at 2:07 AM Post #215 of 42,759
  Strange that the Hugo produces hiss (for those sensitive to it) with sensitive IEMs and the Mojo does not as the output specs are identical. If it were a lower powered Hugo aimed soley at IEM users, the lack of hiss would be expected, but it should be able to drive more demanding phones just as well. It is looking like a Hugo killer at a much lower price point.
The Hugo has a greater range of inputs and outputs and crossfeed for an additional £1000...
Will Chord now refund me £1000 for being an early adopter of an inferior product?

It's not strange if they used some kind of attenuator.

Oct 15, 2015 at 2:13 AM Post #217 of 42,759
I cannot begin to imagine the implications to ANY business if that ethos took hold, Intel, your new processors are better than mine, Samsung, your SUHD TVs are better than my UHD...

All companies would be bankrupted in a week!

Oct 15, 2015 at 2:17 AM Post #219 of 42,759
  No attenuator as it would upset transparency.

I just reduced the noise - it is 125 dB dynamic range now. That said "just reduced the noise" was not easy, it's one reason Mojo took so long to develop.

Rob

Thanks for the explanation Rob, I know your designs are excellent, it was just a poor guess. 
smile.gif
 I'm going to get myself a Mojo as well, for home and portable uses. 

Oct 15, 2015 at 2:19 AM Post #220 of 42,759
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet, but thought I would post it in case people are not aware:

You can use Bubble UPnP to access Tidal, and UAPP can then play off Bubble. Voila! Tidal working on Android phones without native USB DAC support (or DACs not compatible with native Android USB audio).

Anyone had a chance to try this? Should work.

Oct 15, 2015 at 2:27 AM Post #221 of 42,759
No attenuator as it would upset transparency.

I just reduced the noise - it is 125 dB dynamic range now. That said "just reduced the noise" was not easy, it's one reason Mojo took so long to develop.

Rob
Rob, good for the economy, bad for my wallet, if I had known what your genius was cooking up I wouldn't have spent £3k chasing improvements in DAPs haha!!!

Thinking about that, had I not done so, could've bought a TT :)

You Sir, should be knighted by the queen for services to the music industry!!

Oct 15, 2015 at 2:34 AM Post #222 of 42,759
Duncan, do you have some full-sized cans to try? I suspect the QP1R is going to win out there with the slightly less sensitive ones, but would love some comparison. This, the Geek Out V2+ and the QP1R are vying for my portable duties currently (likely with my Ether C). This has the advantage of possibly being available for me to buy right now.

Oct 15, 2015 at 2:39 AM Post #224 of 42,759
I have Denon D7100, Sony Z1000 and SA5000, Shure SRH1840 and Philips X1, any preference out of that selection?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back