Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Oct 14, 2015 at 7:06 PM Post #196 of 42,765
So does the Mojo works with Tidal/Spotify using a Iphone? Can someone confirm this ?

Yes or No ?

Then have any tested to try connect it to a external amp yet, and see how it interacts?

3. Tap lengths spec?

Yes it works with iPhone using Tidal. You would need the CCK cable to connect it to Mojo

Oct 14, 2015 at 7:48 PM Post #198 of 42,765

The ONLY cable that comes in the box is the maleUSB-to-male mini-USB one, pictured in my second post at the start of the thread:

No co-axial cable is included
No optical cable is included

That's awesome! Thanks.
beyersmile.png

Sorry for the mis-information. I mis-read the input ports as included cables. I though micro-usb, mini-toslink, 3.5mm coax were all included in box.

But the one on stock picture, was included in box with HUGO. You should be able to buy it from your Chord dealer.

Oct 14, 2015 at 8:52 PM Post #199 of 42,765
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet, but thought I would post it in case people are not aware:

You can use Bubble UPnP to access Tidal, and UAPP can then play off Bubble. Voila! Tidal working on Android phones without native USB DAC support.

Oct 14, 2015 at 11:49 PM Post #206 of 42,765
The Mojo isn't a dap.  It is a DAC/amp combo.
Yes, am sure the poster knows that, will mean what is the difference before and after adding MoJo into the mix, stock DAP vs DAP and MoJo.

Oct 15, 2015 at 12:05 AM Post #207 of 42,765
It is...

Haha, I could do a monster shoot-out of players / transports / inputs - QP1R (optical) vs ZX2 (USB) vs FiiO X5 (coax)... oh the fun I could have!

Oh, already reviewing my SQ comments from a few pages back, so - take them with a moderate grain of salt, I think this little guy has the SQ / tonality / accuracy pretty darned on the money (at the expense of ultimate excitement, but then you have to consider which boat you want to float!)

I found the Hugo lacked ultimate excitement too, any DAC's you've tried have both the refinement and the excitement?

Oct 15, 2015 at 1:37 AM Post #210 of 42,765
mmm.....got a chance to listen to the Mojo last night. The DAP used was the Lotoo Paw 500 and headphones: AKG K812, Mr. Speakers Ether, Beyerdynamic T1.2 and Rhines Stage 7 (universal demo). I like what I heard. I was surprised by the authority of the cute-looking amp/dac. If I had to describe it in two words: pocket wonder. However, compared with its older siblings, the Chord Hugo (no longer have mine) and the Chord TT, this is clearly the entry-level machine in the Chord portable/transportable amp/dac line-up. As I see it: Chord Hugo TT is first class. Chord Hugo is business class. Chord Mojo is premium economy. I've given up the Chord Hugo and upgraded to the TT but I wouldn't mind having a Chord Mojo for my iems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back