1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Mython, Oct 14, 2015.
First

Back
984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993
995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004
Next

Last
  1. Peter Hyatt

I also went to the 30's material to see how Mojo would handle them:  Mississippi John Hurt's early recordings and Bing Crosby's complete set, particularly the early recordings.  Blind Blake, and a few others.  I thought of this when one reviewer referenced a 57 recording of Elvis and how Mojo brought it to life.  The 30's recordings are more enjoyable now.  

Mojo expands my hobby greatly, both in brining back old material while being inspired to listen to new. 

2. Ike1985

How about one of the best black metal releases of 2015, a fusion of black metal and Gregorian/orthodox style chanting.  You've never heard anything like this before:

Batushka - Litourgiya:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgfa5UlZAL8

3. avesta07

unfortunately in my country the live streaming app such as spotify, tune in and tidal still not available [​IMG]
    havent tried using VPN to download the apps, maybe i should try first ~

as for the option for the S7, the carriers in my country doesnt provide such program, need to sell the s6 first and trade in with S7 haha (Indonesia carriers sucks !) 

4. NPWS
    yes, use UAPP instead the samsung built in music player, or use onkyo hf player

5. jmills8

20160330_122845.jpg

6. Ike1985

Bandcamp is better than all those apps in terms of diversity of music, it's all I use nowadays for streaming.  Bandcamp is for serious stereophiles-music lovers.  If you find an album you like you can either name your price or if the artist set's a price it's usually very cheap $2-$9 or just free. FLAC downloads are available and you can also purchase vinyl/physical CD's/merch if that's your thing.  I'm fine with FLAC CD rips although a t-shirt is nice every once in awhile if I really like a band.

7. Ike1985

Nice, also have that album.

8. jmills8
    20160330_203928.jpg

9. avesta07

thank ! i will download it right away [​IMG]
    btw which one you suggest between those two? i saw UAPP is around $10 meanwhile onkyo is free

lemme try with band camp,
    i just found that spotify already available in my region, 

now just waiting for tidal ~

10. Ike1985

I'm sure bandcamp will work.  Bandcamp is probably streaming MP3's @ 320kbps but through MOJO even MP3's sound amazing. (Streaming MP3's sound better on Mojo via iphone than android since android upsamples everything not sent through UAPP or Onkyo HF) You can always buy the downloadable flac version and play in UAPP If you really like an album. 

Onkyo will work fine but most likely your cover art will not display.  If you have trouble getting cover art in UAPP, make sure your viewing albums through the LOCAL FOLDER option and not using the artist or album view-cover art will always work when albums are viewed through the LOCAL FOLDER option.  UAPP customer support is incredibly responsive, they answer emails same day and actually have back and forth conversations with you to resolve issues via email. 

11. avesta07

thanks !
    based on your suggestion, maybe i'll purchase UAPP
    so basically, i will need OTG cable for the S6 to connect to MOJO by using the UAPP apps. so it can send the pure format of the file to the mojo. 

12. masterpfa
    If you ever get Tidal UAPP works well with this too and especially with the Android Upsampling UAPP allows bitperfect playback.

13. ksb643
    I have a Note 4 and the headphone out sounds horrible compared to note to Mojo. That's with the same flac file played with UAPP and decent iems (Tdk BA 200)

14. bclark8923
    Anyone here live in SF area and willing to let me come by and try their mojo? I can bring my liquid carbon to try if you want!

15. NPWS
    both are good, but onkyo player rather simple ui than UAPP.

First

Back
984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993
995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004
Next

Last