Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Mar 29, 2016 at 11:48 PM Post #14,866 of 42,765
  Tried Mojo with HD800S, HD800, LCD-X, LCD-2, LCD-4 today. There was Chord Dave but I wasn't brave enough to touch that beast.
Ended up with a new Mojo 
L3000.gif

Does anyone noticed high frequency (definitely above 10kHz) from Mojo during charging time?

No noise here on charging. How well does the HD800S play with Mojo? Anything stand out to you about the synergy?

Mar 29, 2016 at 11:50 PM Post #14,867 of 42,765
How do you like the HD800S with the Mojo? I have an itch to go try one.

Yes, many people have the high pitch noise when charging. Lots of info in the third post on this in the battery and charging section.

Mojo definitely has enough to power HD800S. In fact, HD800S is way easier (green-green) to drive than LCD-4 (Mojo all the way MAXed blue-blue). Meanwhile Mojo is fine and good, HD800S+Mojo lacks finesse of desktop amps (the shop person confirmed this). I also tried HD800S straight from iPhone 6s: say goodbye to the bass. :)

I have to say sorry for Audeze fans though. Not a fan.

Mar 29, 2016 at 11:55 PM Post #14,868 of 42,765
Chill :) I think it's a valid question, we're here to share information anyway.
I also find the bass to be lacking in presence though I enjoy the mojo a lot.
I've tried eq-ing, but lined out to mojo, the eq doesn't work so quick answer would be is not to use mojo if you miss the head surrounding bass.
Using lcd2, Tried zx2 lined out to mojo lined out to duet: sound is airy, details are complete, but bass is lacking for me as well.
using the zx2 lined out to CL duet alone, bass is full and more immersive.. Not as refined or airy as I think the dac from the mojo is really something special but you get a head full of bass not achieved by mojo plus you can eq.
I hope that helps.
Haven't tried other amps yet, but I'm also looking for recommendations for that full sound when pairing my headphone, dap, and mojo. On that note though, maybe mojo is really just for iems.

Regarding the part I highlit in bold, the Mojo has the same output as the Hugo with even better distortion measurements. John and Rob have both commented how it's easy for people to think the tiny Mojo is not capable enough for full sized headphones because of its size, but it really is a very powerful piece of gear that is very capable. Made more remarkable because of it's size.

Mar 29, 2016 at 11:59 PM Post #14,869 of 42,765
Mojo definitely has enough to power HD800S. In fact, HD800S is way easier (green-green) to drive than LCD-4 (Mojo all the way MAXed blue-blue). Meanwhile Mojo is fine and good, HD800S+Mojo lacks finesse of desktop amps (the shop person confirmed this). I also tried HD800S straight from iPhone 6s: say goodbye to the bass. :)

I have to say sorry for Audeze fans though. Not a fan.

I like the LCD-2 with the Mojo actually, even compared to the Cavalli Liquid Carbon or the HA-1. I've got a Liquid Crimson coming in so I'll use that compared to the other amps as well. Different strokes I guess.

I'll have to audition the HD800S with the Mojo myself. Thanks for your thoughts. :)

Mar 30, 2016 at 12:00 AM Post #14,870 of 42,765
Damn. I still have mine, but no coax cable for it. Have X7 cable coming from moon audio.
any connector cable works. The cable you use fot your cayin amp works.

Mar 30, 2016 at 12:01 AM Post #14,871 of 42,765
any connector cable works. The cable you use fot your cayin amp works.

Nope. The X7 has a shared line out with the coaxial out so you need a TRRS plug with the ground on the second ring and the coaxial signal on the sleeve.

Sorry, you guys are talking about the X3. Oops!

Mar 30, 2016 at 12:03 AM Post #14,872 of 42,765
Nope. The X7 has a shared line out with the coaxial out so you need a TRRS plug with the ground on the second ring and the coaxial signal on the sleeve.
I have OLD X3 ! He has OLD X3.

Mar 30, 2016 at 12:03 AM Post #14,873 of 42,765
Mar 30, 2016 at 12:04 AM Post #14,874 of 42,765

Mar 30, 2016 at 12:04 AM Post #14,875 of 42,765
Mar 30, 2016 at 12:07 AM Post #14,876 of 42,765
I like the LCD-2 with the Mojo actually, even compared to the Cavalli Liquid Carbon or the HA-1. I've got a Liquid Crimson coming in so I'll use that compared to the other amps as well. Different strokes I guess.

I'll have to audition the HD800S with the Mojo myself. Thanks for your thoughts.
smily_headphones1.gif

LCD-4 was the best among Audeze headphones, particularly the bass and treble. Actually, I won't mind listening to it for long time. I gasped a lil when I heard the price though.

It's just about different sound preference. The Audezes are just too laid back & quite slow for me (most of my music are upbeat).

You definitely need to listen HD800S with Mojo, at least one. That pair is quite magical, especially for people who won't spent big money on desktop amps/sources.

Cheers 
beerchug.gif

Mar 30, 2016 at 12:07 AM Post #14,877 of 42,765
This post was accidentally caught by our spam filter and was a few pages behind, so I'm quoting it here so someone can answer it, though I think it has been answered already.

Quote:
  Just wonder if anyone here experience the same situation.

I had fully charged up my Mojo and had been using it for not more than 10 mins yesterday. When I started using it today I discovered that the power indicator went to green immediately. It seems the battery level was going down even if I am not using it. The USB power supply was being disconnected every time when the Mojo was being fully charged and the Mojo is never being used when it was being charged. The Mojo had went thru 6-7 times of complete charge-up/discharge cycles. The longest play time (continuous) which I got is not more than 5 hours (can't remember where from this thread that some others can get 8 to 10 hrs of play time).

Is my Mojo not working as expected (in terms of battery life)?

BTW, would battery life be shorter if Mojo is being used under DSD mode?   

Mar 30, 2016 at 12:08 AM Post #14,878 of 42,765
Nice pics. I get it.
Not shouting man just a way to point at my vague earlier statement. All good man! Ill shop for a phone to use with the Mojo.

Mar 30, 2016 at 12:14 AM Post #14,879 of 42,765
Not shouting man just a way to point at my vague earlier statement. All good man! Ill shop for a phone to use with the Mojo.

I think I'll call you quick draw as I edited my post fairly quickly and you already quoted it. Apologies for the shouting comment.

When I had the X3 I loved the hardware bass/treble tone control but the interface was a sore spot for me. I sold it long ago, but you guys have held on for quite a while!

:beerchug:

Mar 30, 2016 at 12:21 AM Post #14,880 of 42,765
I think I'll call you quick draw as I edited my post fairly quickly and you already quoted it. Apologies for the shouting comment.

When I had the X3 I loved the hardware bass/treble tone control but the interface was a sore spot for me. I sold it long ago, but you guys have held on for quite a while!

:beerchug:
thanks, yeah Im drinking coffee so Im fast at the moment. Yes ****ty interface but Its small, has coax, line out, simple and cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back