1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Mython, Oct 14, 2015.
First

Back
982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991
993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002
Next

Last
  1. wym2

No noise here on charging. How well does the HD800S play with Mojo? Anything stand out to you about the synergy?

2. Xacxac

Mojo definitely has enough to power HD800S. In fact, HD800S is way easier (green-green) to drive than LCD-4 (Mojo all the way MAXed blue-blue). Meanwhile Mojo is fine and good, HD800S+Mojo lacks finesse of desktop amps (the shop person confirmed this). I also tried HD800S straight from iPhone 6s: say goodbye to the bass. :)

I have to say sorry for Audeze fans though. Not a fan.

3. x RELIC x Contributor

Regarding the part I highlit in bold, the Mojo has the same output as the Hugo with even better distortion measurements. John and Rob have both commented how it's easy for people to think the tiny Mojo is not capable enough for full sized headphones because of its size, but it really is a very powerful piece of gear that is very capable. Made more remarkable because of it's size.

4. x RELIC x Contributor

I like the LCD-2 with the Mojo actually, even compared to the Cavalli Liquid Carbon or the HA-1. I've got a Liquid Crimson coming in so I'll use that compared to the other amps as well. Different strokes I guess.

I'll have to audition the HD800S with the Mojo myself. Thanks for your thoughts. :)

5. jmills8
    any connector cable works. The cable you use fot your cayin amp works.

6. x RELIC x Contributor

Nope. The X7 has a shared line out with the coaxial out so you need a TRRS plug with the ground on the second ring and the coaxial signal on the sleeve.

Sorry, you guys are talking about the X3. Oops!

7. jmills8
    I have OLD X3 ! He has OLD X3.

8. x RELIC x Contributor

Yeah, caught myself, edited post. No need to shout.

9. jmills8
    20160330_120137.jpg

20160330_120219.jpg

10. x RELIC x Contributor

Nice pics. I get it.

11. Xacxac

LCD-4 was the best among Audeze headphones, particularly the bass and treble. Actually, I won't mind listening to it for long time. I gasped a lil when I heard the price though.

It's just about different sound preference. The Audezes are just too laid back & quite slow for me (most of my music are upbeat).

You definitely need to listen HD800S with Mojo, at least one. That pair is quite magical, especially for people who won't spent big money on desktop amps/sources.

Cheers [​IMG] 

12. Currawong Contributor
    This post was accidentally caught by our spam filter and was a few pages behind, so I'm quoting it here so someone can answer it, though I think it has been answered already.

Quote:

13. jmills8
    Not shouting man just a way to point at my vague earlier statement. All good man! Ill shop for a phone to use with the Mojo.

14. x RELIC x Contributor

I think I'll call you quick draw as I edited my post fairly quickly and you already quoted it. Apologies for the shouting comment.

When I had the X3 I loved the hardware bass/treble tone control but the interface was a sore spot for me. I sold it long ago, but you guys have held on for quite a while!

:beerchug:

15. jmills8
    thanks, yeah Im drinking coffee so Im fast at the moment. Yes ****ty interface but Its small, has coax, line out, simple and cheap.

First

Back
982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991
993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002
Next

Last