1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Mython, Oct 14, 2015.
First

Back
969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978
980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989
Next

Last
  1. mrback
    Thanks for that, that explains why my current cable doesnt work. I have the cable that is pictured in the link but how does the other end go into the mojo as its a phono input connector???

2. Mython Contributor

Really, you should get one that has a 3.5mm plug instead of the RCA you see in that picture.

The main reason for that picture is just to show you the pin-outs on the 3.5mm TRRS plug/socket on those particular Fiio DAPs.

3. mrback
    yeah ok many thanks for the reply, any ideas as to where I can source a cable from? I had a fiiO cable which worked with my dx50 but doesnt with the x5 2nd gen.

4. Mython Contributor

As per the Co-Axial section in post #3:

MoonAudio offer suitable cables
    Custom-Cable also offer suitable cables

5. esm87
    thanks

6. esm87
    This chord mojo, playing through uapp, my music seems to stutter quite a bit, has artifacts popping noises in it. Through poweramp not half as much. EQ is off on both players. Poweramp sounds better than uapp. Do I have to get FLAC to make the noises go away? Ive never noticed or heard them running my android hifimediy dac and c5 amp. Is mojo bringing out the bad bits of my recordings?

7. Mython Contributor

From post #3 (!)

If you are experiencing clicking sounds, you may need to adjust buffer settings:

www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-the-official-thread-please-read-the-3rd-post/9930#post_12282635

www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-the-official-thread-please-read-the-3rd-post/10230#post_12295303

8. AndrewH13

I reviewed the X5ii with a loaner from Fiio, and the combined Line Out/Dig Out socket, creating a mess when connecting to other equipment, was the sole reason I didn't buy it, and stuck to my original X5.

9. kkcc

On top of buffer setting in my experience stuttering and (especially) popping sound could be due to the otg cable quality. See if you can try a few other otg cables and get better result?

10. mrback
    Well it seems fairly straight forward what you have to do on the player by selecting line out or coaxial, just need the correct cable. its a bit of a PITA though that they have changed this but it looks like they have done it purely for aesthetics to have one less socket. the sound straight from the X5ii is not too shabby though. thinking of maybe getting rid of the mojo as the sound is so good from the player. I need to try it with it though, If it takes it to another level that will be awesome. can you run a micro usb to micro usb cable from the x5 to the mojo do you know???

11. TheTrace
    Thank you very much. I'm sorry to hear that it doesn't work out as well with the S7. I planned on getting that to pair with the mojo (expandable memory was the main reason) but looks like I'm sticking to iPhone. Sigh lol

12. AndrewH13

I use my X5 with a Hugo and to me it certainly makes a worthwhile difference. And one cable, courtesy of my iBasso dx90 that supplied a coax 3.5 to phono.

13. steffi
    Besides the band approach what other creative ways have folks found to mate the mojo to an iPhone? Velcro?

14. Mython Contributor

Please see the section: 'To stack Mojo with your chosen device, you can use (bands, cases, etc.)', in post #3for some ideas

15. esm87
    I plan on velcro strapping the mojo to back of my phone case.

First

Back
969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978
980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989
Next

Last