1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Mython, Oct 14, 2015.
First

Back
964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973
975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984
Next

Last
  1. Vidal

I'll just leave this here

http://www.cnet.com/uk/news/when-are-expensive-cables-worth-it/

Signal2Noise and Ruben123 like this.
  2. Peter Hyatt

Awesome.  Not only do I get to hear what you hear, but I get exposed to music I am unfamiliar with and can access through Tidal and see what Mojo says about it!   Added to the thread, "Mojo's Greatest Hits" (volume one, the early years, to be followed by "Mojo II, the Return of Mojo, "Mojo Comes Alive" and "Mojo:  the Prequel." )

3. Ruben123
    Rob49 and Vidal like this.
  4. Peter Hyatt

Thanks, I'll consider it. 

Healthy scientific scrutiny is good for knowledge.  

I contend, contrary to some articles with A/B testing,  that I am learning to recognize high def music via Mojo.  I was no better than 50/50 guess work pre Mojo.  No more.  

I like the scrutiny and testing.  Anything worth learning is worth the challenge.  

5. esm87
    A live recording of bruno singing it will rain. Close my eyes, Im there...

6. Rob49

Hope that's not "Frank" !

7. masterpfa
    Mojo LED's indicates Sample Frequency in KHz from 44 up to 768 KHz and DSD but anything below 44.1 will show as Red regardless, ie all your MP3 and AAC files.

8. bavinck
    We just went through several pages regarding android upsampling and the need for uapp. Please look back, search for uapp.

9. Mython Contributor

256kbps and 320kbps relates to the data rate, not the sample frequency or bit depth. Generally, both 256kbps and 320kbps files are 16 bit 44.1khz mp3 files, and hence, Mojo will correctly have a red LED in both cases, or if you are using an Android phone, Android will automatically upsample every music file to 24/192, which you do not want, and which would result in Mojo showing a different colour LED (dark blue):

Box-side-2.jpg

With that said, I will just add that, especially if you obtain some high-res files (16 bit 48khz, 24bit 48khz, 24bit 96khz, 24bit 192khz, or DSD, etc.), you will need to use a program like USB Audio Player Pro (also known as 'UAPP') to bypass Androids propensity to automatically upsample ALL music files to 24bit 192khz, which is not a good thing - basically, you would want UAPP to help you feed a so-called 'bit-perfect' data stream to Mojo, and not allow Android to interfere with the data stream in any way.

Peter Hyatt likes this.
  10. bavinck
    Mython, do we have a section on uapp and android upsampling? Topic is becoming like a bad gi bug....

11. Mython Contributor

To some degree, but not as good as it should be - I'm going to add the above, and, when I eventually get around to reworking all of post #3, I'll add some detailed info.

12. bavinck
    Careful,keep this up and they might slap you as a contributor:p

Mython and xtr4 like this.
  13. captblaze

Ive got one for the Mojo believe or not file...

My Surface 3 LTE is an awesome transport for DSD files to Mojo. Although not as portable as most  DAP / Mojo combos, I am listening to double DSD (5.8 MHz) recordings that are being run through a USB 3.0 hub into Foobar 2000 and back out the same hub to Mojo and the sound produced is far better then when I run the same files on my Nvidia Shield (android) Tablet out to Mojo via OTG

Shield = stutter and veiled sound
    Surface 3 = no stutter and clarity and resolution befitting the DSD format.

btw... HD 650s are the end of the chain on both systems

and that concludes todays Mojo believe it or not

Angular Mo and Peter Hyatt like this.
  14. Tony1110

Amazed that hasn't happened yet.

15. esm87
    pmsl bruno mars*

First

Back
964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973
975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984
Next