Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Mar 26, 2016 at 3:03 PM Post #14,506 of 42,765

No, but if you check post #3, you'll find the correct cables under the 'Connecting Mojo to Sony Devices' section

Firstly, you will need a Sony WMC-NWH10 cable:   (there's currently one for sale, in the classifieds section, or you can order from Amazon)

and then you will need a male-USB-to-male-Micro-USB cable, to go in between the WMC-NWH10 and Mojo (the male-USB-to-male-Micro-USB cable is already supplied, in the box, with Mojo).

Here, you can see the exact same cables in use, when I hooked-up a ZX1 to a Hugo:

There are some 3rd-party unofficial cables which may get the job done, with just one cable instead of the above two, but I cannot verify whether they are reliable or not, so please do your own research before buying!

This is what I did but it didn't work with my SAmsung S7 Edge phone.

I thought we have to use an OTG cable?

No, there is a little confusion!

The above solution that I outlined is specifically for Sony DAPs.

For Samsung phones, yes, you do need an OTG cable.

Mar 26, 2016 at 3:07 PM Post #14,507 of 42,765
Thank you for the useful info & more helpful picture ! I was hoping for a one cable solution, but any solution will do ! Frustrating ( & ironic ! ) that a product made in the U.K. has a problem, to source cables, for U.K. residents !

Cables are pretty standard at the Chord end. I would rather curse Sony for their proprietary connection. I cursed Fiio for using combined line out/coax when having a loan unit necessatating dedicated cables or two joined.

Mar 26, 2016 at 3:09 PM Post #14,508 of 42,765

No, but if you check post #3, you'll find the correct cables under the 'Connecting Mojo to Sony Devices' section

Firstly, you will need a Sony WMC-NWH10 cable:   (there's currently one for sale, in the classifieds section, or you can order from Amazon japan)

and then you will need a male-USB-to-male-Micro-USB cable, to go in between the WMC-NWH10 and Mojo (the male-USB-to-male-Micro-USB cable is already supplied, in the box, with Mojo).

Here, you can see the exact same cables in use, when I hooked-up a ZX1 to a Hugo:

There are some 3rd-party unofficial cables which may get the job done, with just one cable instead of the above two, but I cannot verify whether they are reliable or not, so please do your own research before buying!

Thank you for the useful info & more helpful picture ! I was hoping for a one cable solution, but any solution will do !

As I said, if you check the Sony section in post #3, you will find more discussion on the topic, with some single-cable solutions mentioned, but which I cannot verify as functional with Mojo - they may be, but you'll need to do your own research on those. There are others mentioned in the ZX1 and ZX2 threads, too.
popcorn.gif

Frustrating ( & ironic ! ) that a product made in the U.K. has a problem, to source cables, for U.K. residents !

You have Sony to blame for selfishly creating a proprietary connection, and then failing to ensure decent global distribution of the WMC-NWH10 cable.

Mar 26, 2016 at 3:14 PM Post #14,509 of 42,765

As I said, if you check the Sony section in post #3, you will find more discussion on the topic, with some single-cable solutions mentioned, but which I cannot verify as functional with Mojo - they may be, but you'll need to do your own research on those. There are others mentioned in the ZX1 and ZX2 threads, too.
popcorn.gif

You have Sony to blame for selfishly creating a proprietary connection, and then failing to ensure decent global distribution of the WMC-NWH10 cable.

The main reason I have stayed away from all the Sony DAP's I really didn't care how good they sounded

I detest  proprietary connection from any manufacturer. 
angry_face.gif

Mar 26, 2016 at 3:27 PM Post #14,511 of 42,765
No, the C5 is an amp only, doesn't output digital signal.
People, in the cayin c5 box, of which I have, is a small interconnecting cable. It has a micro to micro double ended connection, one end will fit in my s6 edge, the other will fit in my mojo, will this cable work as the otg missing link? Im over my missus place otherwise I would test it. I realise the c5 is a pure amp, ive asked this question on amazon and everyone replied telling me how to charge my amp and how I can use my amp to charge my phone etc. What?? Lol. Anyone with a cayin c5 and mojo care to try the connection from an android to mojo using this small connecting cable, see if it works. All good if not lol

Mar 26, 2016 at 3:28 PM Post #14,512 of 42,765

popcorn.gif

Yes, very true, regards, Sony !

Mar 26, 2016 at 3:36 PM Post #14,514 of 42,765
When I was a young man of 24, with two kids and two jobs, my mentor wisely advised me:

"Sell your coat and buy Spurgeon."

I was glad I did.  

Different setting, topic and era, but in telling my grown kids who love music about what we are experiencing, I give them pretty much the same advice.  

"Use eBay, sell your stuff, and buy Mojo."  

They won't regret it, and it will save me a small fortune Christmas 2016.  :)

Mar 26, 2016 at 3:46 PM Post #14,515 of 42,765
Just had an MMM, (magic mojo moment). The album, 'An Evening of Yes Music Plus' by Anderson, Bruford, Wakeman & Howe. 'Time And A Word' which morphs into 'Owner Of A Lonely Heart' and then back again.

Steve Howe's acoustic guitar over Jon's vocals are sublime. Every pluck of the strings sounds magical. At the end as the audience clapping surrounds you, you are there, a true shiver down the spine.

Mar 26, 2016 at 3:52 PM Post #14,517 of 42,765
People, in the cayin c5 box, of which I have, is a small interconnecting cable. It has a micro to micro double ended connection, one end will fit in my s6 edge, the other will fit in my mojo, will this cable work as the otg missing link? Im over my missus place otherwise I would test it. I realise the c5 is a pure amp, ive asked this question on amazon and everyone replied telling me how to charge my amp and how I can use my amp to charge my phone etc. What?? Lol. Anyone with a cayin c5 and mojo care to try the connection from an android to mojo using this small connecting cable, see if it works. All good if not lol

Seriously you need to try it yourself but as its just a Micro USB cable for charging the amp and you need a USB OTG cable for the phone to mojo connection then I doubt very much its going to work, why didn't you just order a normal OTG phone cable then you could have used the micro cable that comes with the mojo ?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=otg

Mar 26, 2016 at 3:53 PM Post #14,518 of 42,765
  When I was a young man of 24, with two kids and two jobs, my mentor wisely advised me:

"Sell your coat and buy Spurgeon."

I was glad I did.  

Different setting, topic and era, but in telling my grown kids who love music about what we are experiencing, I give them pretty much the same advice.  

"Use eBay, sell your stuff, and buy Mojo."  

They won't regret it, and it will save me a small fortune Christmas 2016.  :)

I'm starting to get that same feeling after listening to the Mojo for little over a day. It is such a clean and transparent experience. The timbre, tone, and clarity are just spot on. I think it is going to be hard to justify owning my desktop rigs now that I have the Mojo.

I can tell the resolution in the high frequency detail is better than the Theta and the bass sounds faster than the Theta, but the Theta still has more mid-range drive and bass slam. The Mojo gives out such clean and transparent sound but the only thing it is lacking is a little bit of the oomph and pace/rhythm of some good desktop DACs I have heard/own.

The differences are so subtle though you would only notice when going back and forth. It is obvious though that the Mojo has better resolution than the Theta, overall tonality though is different and not as warm.

Mar 26, 2016 at 3:57 PM Post #14,519 of 42,765
Wonder how the Chord Mojo will sound with my Questyle QP1R. Have emailed Moon Audio to see if they have a good connecting cable for these two. Anyone have any ideas as to what I can use to do this if there is no specific cable available for these two devices? I think the Qp1R sounds sublime on its own, but I would sure like to hear it with the Mojo.

Mar 26, 2016 at 4:01 PM Post #14,520 of 42,765
Seriously you need to try it yourself but as its just a Micro USB cable for charging the amp and you need a USB OTG cable for the phone to mojo connection then I doubt very much its going to work, why didn't you just order a normal OTG phone cable then you could have used the micro cable that comes with the mojo ?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=otg
I've ordered an 8inch otg cable I need. It was an after thought/realisation with the c5 micro to micro cable but then realised my c5 box is over my house. If it did work happy days if not it doesnt matter. When I get home tomorrow I will check the cable myself, thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back