1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Mython, Oct 14, 2015.
First

Back
957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966
968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977
Next

Last
  1. esm87
    Does anyone know if the vertere micro to micro otg cable gives better audio than a run of the mill cheap otg cable? Vertere is £85 the one ive ordered is like £2 something...

2. masterpfa
    Something like this and the provided USB OTG cable should suffice until your ordered cables arrive. I carry this as a spare in my IEM case

I have  this and this and they work just great, only thing is the time it takes to be delivered, but hey time will fly 

Rob49 likes this.
  3. warrior1975
    captblaze-Yes sir, xda is it. Thank you.

Did some quick a/bing. Sounds better than stock, as in the bass hits harder. I'm trying to see if I can hear a difference with anything else yet, I don't. But could be too soon.

4. masterpfa
    Oppo HA-2 was the DAC I was considering when I, by chance, came across the Mojo. I have never heard the HA-2 but I personally think I made the right choice
    In case anyone suggest that I would need to hear the Oppo first? Well as many owners of Mojo can vouch, once you've heard the Mojo there's no going back, plus above all I am happy with what the Mojo presents to my ears and brain.

Chord Dave next

OK only kidding [​IMG]

5. Slaphead

I can afford it, but as with everything it comes down to how important it is for you. I used to salivate over high end kit back 15 years ago, but with life changing circumstances I came to understand that dumping 8K on a single piece of audio equipment is a no go, unless that 8K is back pocket change for you. 8K, while doable for me, is not exactly throw away money.

The £400 or so that I dumped on Mojo is effectively money that I can live without. Fortunately the Mojo seems to have very positve qualities and I'm enjoying it. Despite my previous posts I am hearing a lot more detail and musicality with the Mojo - after listening for a few hours, going back to my previous stuff really showed the Mojo to be somewhat special.

I sometimes think that HiFi leaves people chasing very expensive tails for no good reason.

6. Rob49

Are these for use with the ZX2 ?

7. Mython Contributor

No, but if you check post #3, you'll find the correct cables under the 'Connecting Mojo to Sony Devices' section

Firstly, you will need a Sony WMC-NWH10 cable:   (there's currently one for sale, in the classifieds section, or you can order from Amazon)

NWH10.jpg

and then you will need a male-USB-to-male-Micro-USB cable, to go in between the WMC-NWH10 and Mojo (the male-USB-to-male-Micro-USB cable is already supplied, in the box, with Mojo).

Here, you can see the exact same cables in use, when I hooked-up a ZX1 to a Hugo:

Hugo-MG6-Pro-oval.jpg

There are some 3rd-party unofficial cables which may get the job done, with just one cable instead of the above two, but I cannot verify whether they are reliable or not, so please do your own research before buying!

8. esm87
    cheers for the reply, by the time I order I imagine my amazon otg cable will be delivered, top man for the links though cheers bud

masterpfa likes this.
  9. masterpfa
    Coming from the Budget end of Audio (we all have to start somewhere) had it not been for the Mojo I would never have seriously considered another Chord product. I was coming from a £99 DAC and to me the £399 for the Mojo was a huge jump financial wise.

Now I may consider the likes of Hugo, Hugo TT et al because of the performance of the Mojo and the sound and reproduction.

The thing is @JohnFrank and @Rob Watts if I was talking about the Hugo TT the missus might have thought I was talking about a car and not given it a second thought, however there is no way I can convince her Dave is a car and/or justify the expense to her....... [​IMG]  

I know I'll set up a new business and write the cost of my declared income as setting up costs
    [​IMG]

10. esm87
    Y
    ye I understand that, I was wondering if it would also double as a otg cable for my s6 edge and mojo? Probably not...

11. AndrewH13

I can't be done with Camera Connection Kit and a further cable. On the odd occasion I want to play something off the iPhone, Hugo's Bluetooth works well. Also it is better suited in lounge on a coffee table due to its heavier chassis alongside HD800s and Grado 325s. But Mojo gets more use living on my bedside cabinet :)

12. betula

Agreed.
    Lucky you can afford 8k equipment.
    Probably because you were watching what to spend for. (Or you get lucky otherwise.)
    Above 1-2k it really comes down to personal preference imo. Regardless what equipment we are talking about.
     Respect for the things you can afford. I hope, you have as well found the true values in life too, not just the one money can buy.
    However money can buy tons of joy. :) Bot not everything.

headmanPL likes this.
  13. Rob49

Thank you for the useful info & more helpful picture ! I was hoping for a one cable solution, but any solution will do ! Frustrating ( & ironic ! ) that a product made in the U.K. has a problem, to source cables, for U.K. residents !

14. warrior1975

No, the C5 is an amp only, doesn't output digital signal.

15. jincuteguy

This is what I did but it didn't work with my SAmsung S7 Edge phone.

I thought we have to use an OTG cable?

First

Back
957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966
968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977
Next

Last