Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Mar 24, 2016 at 4:31 PM Post #14,326 of 42,758
Ya it was stupid of me not to put in the extra cable when I did my install.  I was thinking why the hell do I need AUX for,  I got BT and USB now.

FAIL...

Now I got to take the dash apart for one cable.

Both our cars have aux in.
Out of curiosity, I connected Mojo to each to see what they would sound like.
Certainly, both sounded great.
The convenience of Bluetooth and the fact road noise intrudes so much means I can't see me ever using it on the move.

However, if Rob wants to design an in car stereo based on his technology, he can count me in :wink:

Mar 24, 2016 at 4:36 PM Post #14,327 of 42,758
  .... if Rob wants to design an in car stereo based on his technology, he can count me in :wink:

I think Rob's DAC tech' is already 'going places', without the need for a car stereo design
etysmile.gif

Not a bad idea, though.

I'm interested to see how Rob's approach will develop, in the near future, given that he has already now reached a stage where he has a very high-performing code-base, 'easily' writeable to an FPGA chip of his choosing.

Mar 24, 2016 at 4:47 PM Post #14,328 of 42,758
My jvc sz1000 arrived earlier, took me a while to get it sounding right to my ears. Amping it with my cayin c5. Anybody here used the mojo on the sz bass bombs? If so how was the sound?

Mar 24, 2016 at 4:48 PM Post #14,329 of 42,758
Just caved in after months of reading reviews and got a Mojo.  I'm looking at the Fiio M3 as a transport as it's tiny and don't want to have a massive stack on the move. Is anyone using the M3 as transport or have any other DAP ideas to keep the stack small please? Preferrably with up to 64GB card slot and play FLAC?

The FiiO M3 will not work because it does not have a digital output. The cheapest you can get from FiiO with a digital output is the X3ii, but you'll need a custom TRRS coaxial cable to connect to the Mojo.

Mar 24, 2016 at 5:31 PM Post #14,331 of 42,758
The FiiO M3 will not work because it does not have a digital output. The cheapest you can get from FiiO with a digital output is the X3ii, but you'll need a custom TRRS coaxial cable to connect to the Mojo.

Hi Relic, I'm surprise I didn't communicate with you earlier. I ordered a Mojo that will be coming Friday as well as a Moon-Audio Black Dragon Coax cable and I selected the 4-pole plug for the X3II and 2-pole for Mojo side.

I'm glad I did the research cause I almost ordered the standard one for the X3 first-gen. Moon-Audio's website cleared up that confusion since they make note of the difference between X3 and X3II and the same for the X5 and X5II.

Mar 24, 2016 at 5:39 PM Post #14,332 of 42,758
What a day I've had. My X7 was out of stock, took amazon all day to tell me. Sonicelectronix.com, purchased mojo yesterday, they didn't email until today to verify the card due to me being a new customer and a purchase of over $400. Had an issue with the verification process, used my business partners card. Changed cards, used mine, I'm waiting for a phone call, which never came. I emailed them, they had to contact my bank to verify my info. Waited another 2 hours, emailed them again, they told me they need me to be on the phone with them and the bank. Cancelled the order out of sheer frustration at this point.

Reordered from Moon Audio, paid for overnight shipping, hopefully, but I doubt it, but hopefully I'll receive it tomorrow. It's so damn late though, I doubt it goes out today.

Mar 24, 2016 at 6:02 PM Post #14,333 of 42,758
Love the acoustic in this recording:

and these are pretty good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nN820UnMrEY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeYbeJzWmt4&feature=youtu.be&t=41m28s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRQoMzXIZ3M

Mar 24, 2016 at 6:54 PM Post #14,335 of 42,758
What a day I've had. My X7 was out of stock, took amazon all day to tell me. Sonicelectronix.com, purchased mojo yesterday, they didn't email until today to verify the card due to me being a new customer and a purchase of over $400. Had an issue with the verification process, used my business partners card. Changed cards, used mine, I'm waiting for a phone call, which never came. I emailed them, they had to contact my bank to verify my info. Waited another 2 hours, emailed them again, they told me they need me to be on the phone with them and the bank. Cancelled the order out of sheer frustration at this point.

Reordered from Moon Audio, paid for overnight shipping, hopefully, but I doubt it, but hopefully I'll receive it tomorrow. It's so damn late though, I doubt it goes out today.

I received excellent customer service from Moon.  

Mython, I love the Cello!  My oldest sister is more than 20 years my senior.  Just last summer, I learned she played it!  Strange how I never knew, but she married when I was just a baby.
 Thanks for the postings. 

I am finding that Tidal has an excellent selection of classical music and I am enjoying some quartets of Beatles favorites, right up to the Israel Philharmonic.  I'm trying to pick some good albums from the early 20th century Russian composers (pre war or the time period between wars)  and am wanting to expand my knowledge of classical with Mojo;  would love more 'mojo' recommendations!  

Mar 24, 2016 at 7:30 PM Post #14,336 of 42,758
Both our cars have aux in.
Out of curiosity, I connected Mojo to each to see what they would sound like.
Certainly, both sounded great.
The convenience of Bluetooth and the fact road noise intrudes so much means I can't see me ever using it on the move.

However, if Rob wants to design an in car stereo based on his technology, he can count me in :wink:

Yeah i've tuned my car pretty well.  stable center stage, instrument seperation, only thing is tonality but not to worried about that.  Not joining any sq comps anytime soon.

As much sound treatment and tuning thats needed to make a car sound good.  A dac is probably one of the  last things manufactures worry about.  Most of the manufactures use a bur brown dac anyways.  Plus I didn't build my car to listen to it while its stationary so i can hear all nuance and detail. 
wink.gif

Still, if a high end dac manufacturer like Rob would throw his chip in something like a Pioneer p99.  I wouldn't hesitate to get one.

Mar 24, 2016 at 7:32 PM Post #14,337 of 42,758
My jvc sz1000 arrived earlier, took me a while to get it sounding right to my ears. Amping it with my cayin c5. Anybody here used the mojo on the sz bass bombs? If so how was the sound?

Ask Hawaiibadboy in the basshead thread, he turns his sz2000 into beast mode with a mojo.  He has a vid in his youtube channel.  But the c5 will do just fine, I paired my sz2k with the c5 and it was a great combo.

Mar 24, 2016 at 7:40 PM Post #14,338 of 42,758

what a bad luck day man

so will u get ur mojo and x7 tomorrow?

Mar 24, 2016 at 8:05 PM Post #14,339 of 42,758
Sure enough, a dead cck cable. Oddly this cable died the same day my iphone 6 plus died which was replaced by apple. Lightning port was not letting in voltage to charge battery.. Cause and causality ... No clue what caused what though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back