Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Oct 21, 2015 at 12:11 PM Post #1,411 of 42,759
Here's my alternative caption for John:

"Wait..!  Hold on...   I'm gettin' something....  .....  ...Ssss.....  Su....    erm.... is that Susan?   .....no, ..... no.... Sssssuuu    (....something's coming to me, now.....)  ....ahhh, S-U-C-C-E-S-S.

Yes, I see it now - success  is coming to me!"    
biggrin.gif

Oct 21, 2015 at 12:39 PM Post #1,412 of 42,759
lady on the left saying: this is what happens when you're in the presence of a guy with mojo!
Guy on left: I've got beats, does that count?
John (proclaiming): not really mate, I'm the guy that INVENTED mojo, that automatically makes me irresistible to everyone!!
Camera guy: wow John, you've got mojo!! Can I grab a picture??

Sorry, lame I know, but been a long day!!

Oct 21, 2015 at 12:45 PM Post #1,414 of 42,759
It'll be the same as with any other android device, no?

I have the Tab S at home, guessing you mean with the usual suspects, UAPP, Onkyo etc?

Oct 21, 2015 at 12:55 PM Post #1,415 of 42,759
New Onkyo DAP might be interesting for the Mojo?

Oct 21, 2015 at 1:16 PM Post #1,418 of 42,759
Onkyo or DX80

Differences in sound between any well-made DAPs I feel will be slight, to non-detectable. I did feel a difference between my iBasso DX90 and Fiio X5 (using Hugo) but wouldn't put it to a blind test :wink:
Handling and operation are another thing and are maybe more important unless your DAP will often be used on it's own. Then its the Questyle QP1R from those that I've tried, and that includes AKs.

Oct 21, 2015 at 1:17 PM Post #1,419 of 42,759
Onkyo or DX80

Onkyo DP-X1 (http://onkyodirect.jp/pc/shop/g/gDPX1/) 

Dual ES9018K2M DACs, dual amps (SABRE 9601Ks), dual SD cards, digital out/OTG and line out, balanced output (if not mating to the Mojo), latest Android OS, full DSD compatibility, long battery life, ...

I personally didn't love the amp portion of it's sister DAP the Pioneer XDP-100R, but the Onkyo looks to have stronger bones for about the same price (now about $575 in Japan). 

If it's not-half bad in use by itself and then allows for native transfer of data to the Mojo via OTG then it might be a good solution. 

Still trying to find anyone who has listened to one. Again I did play with the Pioneer version at RMAF, but would look to the Onkyo to hopefully be significantly better. 

Anyone have any experience with it? 

Cheers

Oct 21, 2015 at 1:26 PM Post #1,422 of 42,759
You Guys need to chill. Seriously. Its not like i insulted your Mothers. Take my next Comment with a grain of salt please. Sometimes i really think that some people here forgot
that they need to listen to their music, instead of their DAC's and Stuff. Dont get me wrong, i do appreciate to listen to well recorded music in high quality, but some of you guys seem
to listen to 1's and 0's. Thats the same thing with DSD and stuff like that. Yes, i get it. Most of you do have golden Ears and you can hear the fart of an ant, 200 miles away. And thats cool for you. But i did several A-B Blind-Tests under professionell conditions and had a hard time picking a 320kbps MP3 over a FLAC File. With Headphones like the HD800 or the Beyerdynamic T1. So if you Guys are hearing that much of an difference between the Mojo and say like an Oppo HA-2, then thats totally fine with me. But just dont start arguing with me, about how i perceive sound and about how i hear with my Ears.

I can clearly tell differnce between mp3 and flac - I prabably wouldn't have spent this much money on audio if I didn't anyway. I guess I'll be waiting for my mojo.

Oct 21, 2015 at 1:47 PM Post #1,423 of 42,759
What didn't you like about the combo?

In my first impression the sound seemed a bit loose and slightly too warm for my taste and since my expectations were sky high I felt a bit underwhelmed. But now that unit has travelled to a lot of customers for testing and has a lot more hours on it I'm going to try it again. But the only reason I took it home is to see if I could like it and prepare for Mojo which seems to have a similar sound. I'm thinking that probably I jumped to conclusions too soon and I'm curious if I will have a similar experience now. But to be honest I expect a lot since I sell audio on high levels and maybe am a bit pickier then some.

Oct 21, 2015 at 2:04 PM Post #1,424 of 42,759
So, I've had mine for a week now, and like some others I've had some initial love / hate with it, but allow it, and yourself to burn in / acclimatise and you will almost certainly be rewarded with an SQ that you really shouldn't expect for the price!

Going back to an earlier part of this thread re blind testing, it should be noted (and this is for any DAC) that if your source can be EQ'd through its digital out, that this will have a huge influence in the love / hate you have for the Mojo, even if EQ is switched off, which is why as both the QP1R and X5 have this function, I can hear the difference so easily... This realistically gives UAPP on android a bit of a head start if you want to hear what the Mojo REALLY sounds like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back