1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Mython, Oct 14, 2015.
First

Back
939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948
950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959
Next

Last
  1. Joe Bloggs Contributor

I'll discuss your X7 impressions via pm to avoid derailing the thread, bavinck.

2. Peter Hyatt

The brain burn, or becoming accustomed to the brain interpreting the data is the most fascinating part of this to me.  Sadly, the engineer measurements are lost on me. 

In the training I do, students do the work on paper.  Then it is done online.  It is all with words.  By the time they have studied for two years, the brain has become so accustomed to what they have been doing, that they are able to identify the words "on the fly", that is, live.  

It takes many many hours for proficiency, but once the brain pattern is instilled, they experience success. 

3. betula

That graph is just the visualization of the smooth and liquid sound of Mojo vs usual chips. Very visual and self understanding. I like it. :)

4. x RELIC x Contributor

Don't know what you watched or read but you can have multiple sources connected and the Mojo does have a priority on its inputs. USB > coaxial > optical.

5. Mython Contributor

There are a couple of nicely-recorded Ocean Colour Scene tracks on their old album B-Sides, Seasides, & Freerides

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NBTnGBkeIM

The CD is well worth getting, and would sound superb through Mojo.

6. headmanPL
    Thanks for the tip. I don't have that one (yet)

7. wym2

While I can’t explain why you don’t feel a “wow” experience, I wonder if you can tell us how you have set up your system and how you are using the Mojo in it.

MBP → SDragon → Mojo → AQ Sky → LC

8. twiceboss

Yes, that's the thing i wanna know. For now, i just directly connect usb with my computer. Still a so so performance. I need what kind of connection should i do to make it sound good! :)

9. warrior1975

I don't that graph was meant for the MOJO. Maybe Joe Bloggs can clarify. I think that's the curve of a dac using up sampling. I don't know, I'd have to read what Joe posted a dozen times to even begin to understand what he was saying.

10. RedJohn456

to be honest, using a better connection will yield a cleaner signal, but will not change a sound night and day. You have 60 days to try it out. The best thing I can say is that use the Mojo and mojo only as your main dac and let your senses adjust it. If after a few days or a week you don't feel any improvements in your enjoyment I would say perhaps it will not fit your sonic preferences.

What are you using as your music source btw? Like 320 kbps mp3? Flac? Might be an issue there who knows :)

11. twiceboss
    320 and above. I have few flac files. Many 320 and also 320 from Spotify.

Yes, i will use Mojo for my main dac. Let see how it goes :wink:

Just change the Kernel Streaming though

12. RedJohn456

Spotty is my main music source as well, do u have ur streaming quality set to extreme? 

13. twiceboss
    Yes, but desktop is only High Quality. Do we manage to get Extreme Quality in desktop?

14. RedJohn456

my mistake, you're right :)

15. echoz

My desktop mojo setup:-

Imac-ipurifier2-ifi usb power-gemini cable-mojo-heaphone/amplfier to speakers.

First

Back
939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948
950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959
Next

Last