Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Mar 21, 2016 at 9:33 PM Post #13,967 of 42,765
To clarify, I am unfamiliar what optimal volume control would be when double amping with the Mojo (although I do understand that the Mojo is not really an "amplifier").

I'd probably set it to line level in this scenario then it acts as a preamp.

Mar 21, 2016 at 9:33 PM Post #13,968 of 42,765

Mojo draws around 1A while charging, so any charger above 1A should be fine. Best to have 1.5A+ charger, because some chargers claim higher than the actual output.

Higher current charger generally doesn't hurt. Mojo will only draw as much current as it needs to start charging.

Nice just saw this post thread is moving fast.  Can you test it on a 2.1a charger and see how much its drawing?

Mar 21, 2016 at 9:38 PM Post #13,970 of 42,765
In which case, what is considered optimal? Seeing as in most situations you would want an application's volume controls maxed out and leave volume modulation to the amplifier.

Yes, in most situations. The Mojo doesn't use op-amps and it's analogue output it's exceedingly clean, so you don't need to worry at all about double amping because there are no op-amps in the signal path anyway. With the exceptional noise performance of the DAC Rob is able to use very few discrete components on the analogue output. Think of it as full time variable line out, and a measurably better signal than many 'conventional' line out configurations.

If you hold down both volume buttons when you power on the device it will set a shortcut to 3V output (nothing is bypassed, it's just a shortcut to that volume). From there you can press the volume down button four times to 1.9V output, which is close to the standard 2.0V.

Mar 21, 2016 at 9:45 PM Post #13,971 of 42,765
I'd probably set it to line level in this scenario then it acts as a preamp.

Yes, in most situations. The Mojo doesn't use op-amps and it's analogue output it's exceedingly clean, so you don't need to worry at all about double amping because there are no op-amps in the signal path anyway. With the exceptional noise performance of the DAC Rob is able to use very few discrete components on the analogue output. Think of it as full time variable line out, and a measurably better signal than many 'conventional' line out configurations.

If you hold down both volume buttons when you power on the device it will set a shortcut to 3V output (nothing is bypassed, it's just a shortcut to that volume). From there you can press the volume down button four times to 1.9V output, which is close to the standard 2.0V.

Optimal would be whatever level is optimal for the input on the amp you are connecting It to !

And this is why Mojo owners are the best :wink:

Thank you all very much for the fast and informative answers <3.

Mar 21, 2016 at 10:35 PM Post #13,972 of 42,765

I'm using a 1.67A charger

I thought for a $600 DAC / Amp should have come with its own Charger.

can we sue the DAC Amp while charging by a desktop? I did that with my E17K

Mar 21, 2016 at 10:37 PM Post #13,973 of 42,765
can we sue the DAC Amp while charging by a desktop? I did that with my E17K

Yes. Two separate USB ports for charging and Data.

Mar 21, 2016 at 10:44 PM Post #13,974 of 42,765
is the ripple noise from the charging something to be worried about? like damaging the internals?

Mar 21, 2016 at 11:12 PM Post #13,975 of 42,765
  Nice just saw this post thread is moving fast.  Can you test it on a 2.1a charger and see how much its drawing?

That 0.87A photo was from a beefy 2A charger for my tablet.

The device will only draw as much current as it is designed to. If the Mojo decides to draw 0.87A there then it doesn't matter whether the charger outputs 1.5A or 2.0A.
The reason why it's good to have a powerful charger is because quite often they over-quote the actual output current. I know a lot of 1A charger that caps out at around 0.7A.

Mar 22, 2016 at 12:16 AM Post #13,976 of 42,765
@ all the newcomers to this thread; welcome, and....  PLEASE READ THE THREAD TITLE!

Most of the Q & A in the past few pages has already been answered, ad-nauseum, during previous months, within the thread, and nearly all the relevant links are provided, to access those thread answers, if one simply reads post #3.    It's not infallible, but please take 5 mins to look there first, before asking.

Many thanks.

beerchug.gif

Mar 22, 2016 at 12:25 AM Post #13,977 of 42,765
Guys, I just wonder, if there any other option to get amp dac for $600 range. Minus the portability. I mean amp dac $600 desktop setup which is better than Mojo.

If yes, tell me. I really lack of amp dac knowledge. Cuz i just ordered Mojo and idk whether I will use it portable or just sit at my desktop only. (i can return it if there any other better $600 desktop setup)

Thanks!

Mar 22, 2016 at 12:31 AM Post #13,978 of 42,765
  Guys, I just wonder, if there any other option to get amp dac for $600 range. Minus the portability. I mean amp dac $600 desktop setup which is better than Mojo.

If yes, tell me. I really lack of amp dac knowledge. Cuz i just ordered Mojo and idk whether I will use it portable or just sit at my desktop only. (i can return it if there any other better $600 desktop setup)

Thanks!

Yea I'm wondering about the same thing.  Is there a Desktop DAC / Amp in the Mojo price range that is as good as the Mojo but for Desktop use instead of Portable?

Mar 22, 2016 at 12:36 AM Post #13,979 of 42,765

Yea I'm wondering about the same thing.  Is there a Desktop DAC / Amp in the Mojo price range that is as good as the Mojo but for Desktop use instead of Portable?

if it is as good as... I dont care much.

I just wanna know if there is BETTER than it. Cuz i wanna maximize the potential !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back