Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Mar 21, 2016 at 5:06 AM Post #13,891 of 42,759
Citar:
Iniciado por twiceboss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

just CHECKOUT chord mojo....

I really wanna know what headphone should I paired with.

I mainly loves EDM and current top songs (top charts)

when I go down the street that's the kind of music I usually listen.
To my mojo + V-Moda ZN is a great combination.

Mar 21, 2016 at 6:05 AM Post #13,893 of 42,759
  Hi, i'm italian, and i have Samsung Galaxy S6 with Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow.
Can someone tell me if Chord Mojo works with Galaxy S6 by micro USB (OTG)?
Thanks, Cosimo.

It definitely will.
You will need to buy the USB OTG cable, and download or pay for a dedicated music player such as Onkyo or UAPP as the Samsung and google players will not send the music in its pure format, so you would miss out on most of Mojo's abilities.

Mar 21, 2016 at 8:00 AM Post #13,895 of 42,759
Have just built a new PC that has a motherboard with optical out, and using it to feed Mojo, now it doesn't skip a few initial seconds like with USB in some cases.

And I could almost swear it sounds cleaner and more focused too now, but I digress. An even happier camper now. :)

Mar 21, 2016 at 8:16 AM Post #13,896 of 42,759
I guess I mean just using it as a "desktop" DAC to my WA2 tube amp. :)

I have Hugo, not mojo. I bought it exactly to use with my wa22. For my LCD3, it is best to output direct from Hugo. But for my HD800 and HE6, I much prefer the Hugo->WA22 setup.

I m still undecided on whether to get the Mojo. I find myself taking the Hugo out a lot more than I originally intended, and Mojo seems a no brainer but I do prefer the more detailed and neutral (less warm) sig of the Hugo. I was also very tempted to just get the Dave for my desktop use LOL.

Mar 21, 2016 at 8:22 AM Post #13,897 of 42,759
  Hi, i'm italian, and i have Samsung Galaxy S6 with Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow.
Can someone tell me if Chord Mojo works with Galaxy S6 by micro USB (OTG)?
Thanks, Cosimo.

It does, I'm using it now.

However, hold your horses. Let me share my experiences with you. The Samsung S6 noise floor is much, much lower than the Mojo, so if you're using sensitive IEMs then the Mojo hiss may irritate you. Also, the DAC in the S6 is fantastically clean, and I'm very hard pressed to hear a £400 difference between the S6 and the Mojo. I'm using SE846 and ER-4Ps to listen

I'm sure people with better ears will tell me that I'm talking nonsense, but all I'm saying is make sure you get an audition before splashing the cash.

Mar 21, 2016 at 9:15 AM Post #13,899 of 42,759
It does, I'm using it now.

However, hold your horses. Let me share my experiences with you. The Samsung S6 noise floor is much, much lower than the Mojo, so if you're using sensitive IEMs then the Mojo hiss may irritate you. Also, the DAC in the S6 is fantastically clean, and I'm very hard pressed to hear a £400 difference between the S6 and the Mojo. I'm using SE846 and ER-4Ps to listen

I'm sure people with better ears will tell me that I'm talking nonsense, but all I'm saying is make sure you get an audition before splashing the cash.

Interesting as this us the exact same set up im going for, same IEM also. Your lustening through onkyo or UAPP aswell i take it?

Mar 21, 2016 at 9:21 AM Post #13,900 of 42,759
Its strange guys, some people people are claiming this mojo is actually letting people hear the voice of god doing a rendition of 2pacs hail mary in gospel style way! (Not really) Others are like the post above... strange. Im meant to be going to the store to test it today but missus needs the car for next three days.

Mar 21, 2016 at 9:24 AM Post #13,902 of 42,759
few days back there was a talk of mojo vs yggy+ rag , any follow up ? I am interested to know how mojo compared with much more expensive DACs/ headphone amp. I have not listened to many DACs but mojo beats similarly priced DACs like arcam irdac very convincingly . I fact there is no match at all.

Mar 21, 2016 at 9:25 AM Post #13,903 of 42,759
Its strange guys, some people people are claiming this mojo is actually letting people hear the voice of god doing a rendition of 2pacs hail mary in gospel style way! (Not really) Others are like the post above... strange. Im meant to be going to the store to test it today but missus needs the car for next three days.

I feel like the Mojo is giving me one long scientific lesson on hearing.  It is teaching me.  

With two background singers, never before could I discern each voice.  

It is as if my brain is absorbing and interpreting more data, with each passing day in which hours are spent using Mojo.  

Mar 21, 2016 at 9:33 AM Post #13,904 of 42,759
UAPP for my FLAC files, Tidal HiFi for streaming.

So basically what Im getting from you is that if you use just the s6 playing FLAC and use the mojo to compare, theres not really much difference? If thats the case the mojo is hard to justify seeing as your IEM source is TOTL material. Its not like your earphones are holding the mojo back

Mar 21, 2016 at 9:53 AM Post #13,905 of 42,759
So basically what Im getting from you is that if you use just the s6 playing FLAC and use the mojo to compare, theres not really much difference? If thats the case the mojo is hard to justify seeing as your IEM source is TOTL material. Its not like your earphones are holding the mojo back

Exactly. In all honesty, I'm thinking of sending it back. I wanted to love it so badly, but I just can't hear the benefit. Add to that the mild hissing (at least with the SE846, not so much with the Etys), and the interference from WiFi and data signal, and it's hard to justify.

Maybe it's just me, but I strongly recommend trying it before splashing out. Clearly, lots of other people have different, more favourable, opinions to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back