Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Mar 17, 2016 at 12:10 PM Post #13,591 of 42,759

PS. What USB-C adapter do you have? I tried so many and none worked in OTG, they may charge your device but unless they have been improved I do not believe all of them work for OTG. YMMV

I hyperlinked it in my post. Adapter is VicTsing

I haven't tested it yet. The mojo did take a full 10 hours to charge (until the light went off) and now I am at work. Will hopefully get to play with it this evening. I ordered a couple of more cables: a Micro-USB to Micro-USB OTG (for use with Pioneer XDP-100r & HTC One M8) & a short USB-A to Micro-USB to use between the Windows Phone USB-C adapter and Mojo. I have a longer cable I can use now for testing.

Mar 17, 2016 at 1:06 PM Post #13,592 of 42,759
yes i will be able to demo instore within the week. S6 edge plus will be my source. Thanks for reply

If not already installed something like UAPP or Onkyo HF Player and music you listen to and know well might be a suggestion and if you able to take along an OTG USB Micro to Micro connector or as an alternative something like this

No idea why you quoted me there as I didn't mention anything about the mojo including cables
confused_face_2.gif

DOH!
I swear I must have developed dyslexia recently.
Original post edited and your quote removed
Apologies  
blink.gif

eek.gif

redface.gif

I hyperlinked it in my post. Adapter is VicTsing

I haven't tested it yet. The mojo did take a full 10 hours to charge (until the light went off) and now I am at work. Will hopefully get to play with it this evening. I ordered a couple of more cables: a Micro-USB to Micro-USB OTG (for use with Pioneer XDP-100r & HTC One M8) & a short USB-A to Micro-USB to use between the Windows Phone USB-C adapter and Mojo. I have a longer cable I can use now for testing.

Hopefully this works, I had tried at least 4 different types, all I had to return.
Good luck 

Mar 17, 2016 at 1:21 PM Post #13,593 of 42,759
Today I completely equipped all accessories for my Mojo stack: the button accident protected pad from Japan and the coax cable from Moon Audio to replace the one I bought on Ebay.

Mar 17, 2016 at 1:35 PM Post #13,595 of 42,759
  I have the same cable. Moon makes a nice cable for sure. Pricey, but worth it imo.

It's much pricey for me: plus 30 USD shipping and 20 USD tax :frowning2:
But I can't be happier and don't have any concern about its quality.

Mar 17, 2016 at 2:04 PM Post #13,597 of 42,759
  I have the same cable. Moon makes a nice cable for sure. Pricey, but worth it imo.

I use a Moon Silver Dragon cable to connect my Mojo to my Cavalli Liquid Carbon. Good stuff. Have also used Drew's SD V3 for my LCD-3's in the past as well. Cheers 

Mar 17, 2016 at 2:58 PM Post #13,598 of 42,759
I believe you but I said about K10 custom. I listened K10 demo, K10u, K10c, I think K10c has something different because Therium cable make K10 demo, K10u sound better at least 20% but it cannot do that with K10c. Now I have R70X ft Mojo and I am finding 1 more headphone of Beyerdynamic, I've never used IEM anymore.

Gotta disagree with you too. I own a pair of K10 customs and IMHO the Mojo takes them to another level big time.

Mar 17, 2016 at 3:10 PM Post #13,599 of 42,759
Hi,

A question for Mojo owners, is the Mijo and the LCD-2.2f a good pairing? 

Do expect the Mojo expand upon the sound characteristics over my  "Matrix Cube ASRC DAC/AMP" which I've had for almost 5 years now? 

I'm looking for an upgrade, and I have never listened to any other DAC/AMP other than the Essence STX sound card.
Also my volume knob has been giving me a hard time as far as L/R balance when I change the volume/gain.

Mar 17, 2016 at 3:12 PM Post #13,600 of 42,759
Hi,

Do expect the Mojo expand upon the sound characteristics over my  "Matrix Cube ASRC DAC/AMP" which I've had for almost 5 years now? 

I'm looking for an upgrade, and I have never listened to any other DAC/AMP other than the Essence STX sound card.

Also my volume knob has been giving me a hard time as far as L/R balance when I change the volume/gain.

Go ask in the LCD2 forum. They will say yes.

Mar 17, 2016 at 4:12 PM Post #13,603 of 42,759
Hi,

MOJO + LCD 2 Fazor : VERY good pairing !

Mar 17, 2016 at 4:19 PM Post #13,604 of 42,759
I believe you but I said about K10 custom. I listened K10 demo, K10u, K10c, I think K10c has something different because Therium cable make K10 demo, K10u sound better at least 20% but it cannot do that with K10c. Now I have R70X ft Mojo and I am finding 1 more headphone of Beyerdynamic, I've never used IEM anymore.

My K10C sounds fine out of the Mojo and it's a good pairing. You and your friends didn't like it, but that doesn't make it fact for everyone. It would be helpful if you stated what your preferences are and if you had a good seal or not. The K10C and K10U should sound the same if the seal and insertion depth is the same. The Mojo feeding the different K10's is the one variable that I would trust to be stable in your above statement.

Mar 17, 2016 at 4:23 PM Post #13,605 of 42,759
Hi,

I haven't heard the Matrix Cube but on a technical level the Mojo DAC is much more capable than the WM8740. The analogue out of the Mojo is also very transparent, but I have no point of reference to what you prefer. If you like any amp coloration then the Mojo won't bring that to the mix.

I've found the Mojo > LCD-2 (pre-fazor) to be an excellent pairing, and the Mojo drives it well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back