Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Mar 16, 2016 at 9:29 PM Post #13,531 of 42,758
If you guys read through, you'd see a change of opinion. The OP of that same thread admitted he was wrong... A handful of others gave it a listen and liked it, with even less thinking it was OK or not impressed. Thread did a 180.

Mar 16, 2016 at 9:34 PM Post #13,532 of 42,758
If you guys read through, you'd see a change of opinion. The OP of that same thread admitted he was wrong... A handful of others gave it a listen and liked it, with even less thinking it was OK or not impressed. Thread did a 180.

That's good. However, I find the posters behaviour on that thread disgusting. They are lued, offensive and clearly biased. Based on their language alone I am unsure how they can be taken seriously. Headfi might be the subjectivists heaven, but at least people here know how to relate to each other is a (generally) respectful manner.

Mar 16, 2016 at 9:43 PM Post #13,533 of 42,758
earlier they said Hugo expensive, then came yggy which was still more expensive but purportedly best dac in the planet. then came mojo which is 1/6 th of yggy and still better than yggy . they can't digest the fact and that's why so much hatred about mojo.

Mar 16, 2016 at 9:44 PM Post #13,534 of 42,758
Has anyone here who owns a Mojo experienced dropping his/her unit on the floor? Unfortunately, i dropped mine this morning. :frowning2: that said, this thing is built like a tank. Thankfully, my Mojo was bundled with my DX90 via 2 baller bands and was inside a fabric mesh pouch. My Mojo only received a shiny shimmy (without any hint of dent) on the corner just above the coax female jack.

Should i be concerned that something was broken inside? Btw, the drop was from table height.

Thanks!

Mar 16, 2016 at 10:14 PM Post #13,535 of 42,758
Hi, I am beginner in the world of the hi-fi. I decided to bought an hifiman he-400s to begin and I like it. Now, I want to upgrade it with the chord mojo ( I tried the fiio e18 and its very too bassy for me). But, I dont know if it will work with my galaxy note 5. I listen all my music on Tidal so i want to know if it will work with an otg cable and if the hifiman he 400s sound great with the chord mojo. Forgive me for the mistake i'm french 
biggrin.gif

Mar 16, 2016 at 10:19 PM Post #13,536 of 42,758
So here's perplexing situation. I cannot seem to find a male USB-A to micro-USB OTG cable. I need to interface the Mojo with a USB-C adapter which has a female USB-A end.

Ideally I'd get a USB-C to micro-USB OTG if one ever becomes available.

[Edit] Doing some more research I believe the USB-C adapter I've got is already OTG capable. So I should be able to plug in a regular USB to Micro cable. I'm new to USB-C and OTG stuff. Adapter is VicTsing

Mar 16, 2016 at 10:38 PM Post #13,537 of 42,758
Received my Mojo today, everything's great.

I had read some previous posts about iBasso DX50 or DX90 creating popping noises via coax (between tracks or something?). Using a standard 3.5mm to 3.5mm silver plated interconnect for the connection I can confirm no such issues for me personally.

No popping, no crackling, its smooth sailing.

Mar 17, 2016 at 12:46 AM Post #13,538 of 42,758
  Could anyone tell me how Mojo compares to Desktop Amp like Burson Soloist for full sized Cans like Hd800 or any other .

Anyone. I am still looking for an answer please.

Mar 17, 2016 at 2:37 AM Post #13,540 of 42,758
Most regulars are probably aware of these anti-slip mats we put between our sources/amps.

You simply cut a small section off placing it between the two devices.

In the case of Mojo using a small section inbetween allows the buttons to be less hidden away under your rig. For example, those who want to stack Mojo with the buttons facing upwards underneath the player it creates a little more distance without being obvious.

Very cheap solution around $1.00. It also should help any rubbing away of the Mojo logo over time on top of the unit.

Here's an example however you can find them many places.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Flexible-Car-Non-Slip-Anti-slip-Dash-Mat-board-Phone-Key-Holder-Black-215x188mm-/201439138230?hash=item2ee6b551b6:m:m538OjLtaWajOM6E0R99RfQ

Mar 17, 2016 at 3:13 AM Post #13,541 of 42,758
Are you using the included short USB cable? It's been found to have a loose connection while other USB cables are fine.

I took one of the USB cables from the Chord Hugo and that seems to have solved it. Hope this USB cable will keep working with the Mojo.

Mar 17, 2016 at 3:24 AM Post #13,542 of 42,758
I love mojo, is so smooth, no fatigue, lately I've been just listening to note 5 to mojo, I might just sell dx80 and just enjoy it from note, much better quality of sound.

Do you experience any different in sound quality between the note 5 and dx80 as a source for the mojo? Thought id ask, my understanding is that the sound should be the same across the board as the mojo is gadget processing the files and sound. The connected source purely just sends the mojo a file that says play me... ive been reading about people who are contemplating big money daps to use with the mojo and I'm here scratching my head lol

Mar 17, 2016 at 3:24 AM Post #13,543 of 42,758
Can anyone who is using the Mojo from an android phone, or more specifically an S6, check the power light for me? Mine seems to be constantly outputting 192khz regardless of source. Does that mean android is upsampling? And does it mean if I use 192 source it will play without being downsampled?

Mar 17, 2016 at 3:31 AM Post #13,544 of 42,758
Do you experience any different in sound quality between the note 5 and dx80 as a source for the mojo? Thought id ask, my understanding is that the sound should be the same across the board as the mojo is gadget processing the files and sound. The connected source purely just sends the mojo a file that says play me... ive been reading about people who are contemplating big money daps to use with the mojo and I'm here scratching my head lol

Well, as per my above post I've run into an issue regarding bit rate of the android output. Would an AK240 put out a bit perfect signal, as opposed to a processed android signal?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back